Bags

is Tiger Done?

More mental than anything IMO ..... I'm sure his back is toast but I'm betting his mental positive game is history.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I think that he's done. He can't play back to back weeks. He can't travel long distances. You need to play events to get into playing shape and, at this point, he can't do that.

Had back surgery number 4 today.  Really trying to pull for a comeback but getting harder and harder to see him being competitive on the tour.

Fourth back surgery? He looked so good at the Hero and once he started bulking up again his back was garbage. I wish he would stop hitting the gym. Trim Tiger at the Hero was what I loved

FWIW... Tiger "bulks up" to protect himself. If he didn't, he would have been out of the game a lot earlier. His swing is just brutal on his body, being strong is his best shot at staying healthy. 

• Like 1

I think what he is trying to do is to strengthen the supporting muscles around the back. Having multiple back surgeries won't matter much, the type of surgery he is having is likely to remove some of the scarring tissue, and also to remove any bone chips that may be causing some pain. My Mom and 3 brothers have had this same surgery, one of my brothers has had it done 2 times, the second was to clean out some bone pcs and scarring that we're sitting on the nerves that caused the pain. Anyway that last my take. I think he his done in professional golf, but he should be able to continue to play recreationally with his friends and family.

I'm thinking he is about done as a well cooked pork roast simmering all night in a crock pot. He not only has some body parts that have worn out but his brain is not as strong as it once was. Golf is a mental game and some of the stuff he has been forced to deal with has played havoc on his confidence. He may surprise me and pull two or three wins out before turning fifty however I wouldn't bet the farm on it......

Firmly believe it's between his ears my friend. Even if the body gets fixed I don't think the cranium will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

He should play on the web.com tour so he can win a few matches to get his drive back... just saying I think he could handle most of those fellas. Great golfers, but throw him in the field it will be like his reign of terror days, everyone would cower at the sound of his name.

4th back surgery and Spinal fusion to boot, sorry y'all that doesn't sound like a good deal. I don't know if he needs to try from a health standpoint myself.

I used to think Tiger could still win a couple majors, but then I realized his last major was almost 9 years ago now.

I do hope he's able to come back and play well, and I don't mind hearing about him. But I do think it's unlikely he'll win another major.

• Like 2

If nothing else, I hope this surgery alleviates his pain to where he can at least enjoy playing golf. I doubt he will ever be a force on tour again, but you never know.. Maybe he can resurrect his career on the Champions Tour when the time comes. 

I don't mind hearing about Tiger. The guy was/is an extremely important cog in the way this game has progressed over the last 20+ years. I don't really care about Tiger's personal life and what goes on in it. I'm interested In Tiger the golfer.

We all got to witness greatness.... up close, for a long time. I doubt I will get see that again in my time. It was a hell of a ride! I wish Tiger well and I hope to see him be able to enjoy the game again. 

• Like 1

Hope he really takes his time to rehab properly and get his mental game in order. If he does that I think he has a shot at a few more wins.

• Like 1

For Tiger to play the level of golf that Tiger wants to play it can't be done with vertebrae fused together. He requires and needs a full range of motion. Hit and wince doesn't get it.

No he is not done. This gives him the best option to get back on a competitive track. I have had the same series of surgery he has had. I have had 7 back surgery total. I knew this is where he had to go. I did not have the best doctors or the tech he had access to. he will be ok. Not the same never will be but we will see some golf again from Tiger, and he will win another major maybe senior tour but again none the less.

• Like 1

No he is not done! He just signed new deals with Bridgestone and Taylormade. My guess is if he wants to get compensated fully, there is probably some language in those contracts stipulating minimum play requirements. Whether or not he "needs" the money is irrelevant. I don't see him walking away from these huge deals without exhausting every possibility. He will be back! But he will be a shell of his former self for sure.....

No way he is done. I've known several that had that surgery and were back to normal in less than 6 months. If he wants to compete at high level, he will

• Like 2

He's toast! Just pray he comes back to the Senior Tour .... if he's lucky.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Earth to all Eldrick supporters, He's done regardless of the way you rationalize it. I don't care about his intellectual acuity, the body is worn out, there fore he doesn't have the ability to play championship golf!

Pretty simple really. Or wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which gets filled the quickest!

The guys on tour at one time were afraid of him. They are not anymore, respect him yes, fear him no.

Done for 2017. Beyond the physical realm that TW faces the more problematic issue for him is his psyche. The once fit and confident golfer had his personal life exposed in public and one suffers from that shame. Since we are all people before we're athletes it takes a clear mind to play well. Perhaps he's recovered from that episode in his life and he's trying to make amends. Fatherhood seems to be an important part of that recovery. Just maybe this last surgery will free him up to play in 2018. It's no fun trying to golf with a sore back as I've endured that challenge myself. Toss in TW's mulitple swing changes, erratic tee shots, a balky putter, and a yipsy short game and one has a hard time envisioning TW as a top ten pro. 

As a famous Yankees catcher once said, it ain't over 'til it's over. I'll go with Yogi and remain optimistic that time will heal all his mental and physical wounds to at least allow him to compete again. 

As much as we all love to play it would not be fun for any of us if we had that joy taken from us. I'm sure you just might be tuned in if TW mounts an '86 Nicklaus like moment in 2021. 

• Like 2