Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Re-gripping with an air compressor

Yea I wanted to try 4 extra wraps at the bottom of my grips - already playing midsized winn dri tec grips - I've used air now for about 5 years.  Love it.  I even made a small tool to remove grips installed the traditional way - I can wet it a little with grip solution, slide it up under the grip, add more and work it down to the bottom and then around and just pull the grip off.  Then clean up the shaft, install my grips with air and then either hold onto grips for friends that don't care what kind etc or sell the set online.  OR keep the grip in case you want to sell a club but don't want to loose a nice winn, leather, special edition grip - So far I'm 100% in removing traditional grips using my method and I use full max pressure on my compressor - 120psi, never blown a grip out but then again I can feather the button so its not full blast all the time.
I'm glad the guy got it to work because its one of the best ways to install a grip.  I tend to wear down my left hand thumb area on the grip first - I can rotate the grip 90 degrees so I cannot see or feel the wear spot - the entire grip feels new again.  *this only happens with winn grips because they're so soft.  People think rubber lasts longer and I always say it doesn't - it looks better longer but it doesn't mean you shouldn't change them every year.  I hate doing a guys grips who hasn't changed them since the 90's because the rubber disintegrates as you try to remove it and your left pulling tiny pieces off stuck to the shaft.  I'll tell those guys take it to a shop hahaha.  I've even been at a tournament where this place had an air compressor right as you entered a locker room to blow debris off your shoes - well I thought, with that nozzle I can adjust grips - and I did LOL people looked at me crazy but interested.
You don't even need a special nozzle to blow grips on or off - as long as its pointy enough to get into the small hole at the end you're good to go.  I always wonder what the big box stores think when they do a grip job on a club I re-gripped last - no grip tape! WTF. LOL.

Exactly! It’s so convenient and smart. When I sold some clubs these past few months I had basically brand new grips on. Once they sold I just blew the grips off (I told the buyers that they would come without grips).

Can you share a picture of the home made tool you built?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

Surely I will once I get home. Not really home made. Compressor came with two attachments a tire pump and a nozzle type inflator I believe one would use on some inflatables lol but it works fine for this purpose too. I had to cover up the blow out holes with good ole duct tape. I’ll take a photo when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter: Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1 w/SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0 Flamed finish (1 Degree)
Driver: Ping G – Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 73 X (10.5 Degree)
3 Wood : Callaway Epic Flash – Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 S (15.5 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Tour Edge CBX 119 – Project X EvenFlow Black 85 S (18 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Ping G – Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue HY 86 S (19 Degree)
4 – GW: Ping i210 - Oban CT-115 X (22.5 - 50 Degrees)
SW: Titleist SM7 S Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (54 Degree)
LW: Titleist SM7 D Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (58 Degree)
All Grips:  Winn Dri-Tec Midsize - Gray/Blue w/ 2 extra wraps low hand
Customizing:
Lime Green/Hot Pink Custom Paintfill - all clubs
White ferrules with Blue Stripes from Cell-Parts.net
Irons fitted & built by True Spec Golf
Custom Headcovers from Sunfish Golf
PING White DLX Cart Bag

Surely I will once I get home. Not really home made. Compressor came with two attachments a tire pump and a nozzle type inflator I believe one would use on some inflatables lol but it works fine for this purpose too. I had to cover up the blow out holes with good ole duct tape. I’ll take a photo when I get home.  

Ah, I thought you said you home made a tool.

IMG_3578.PNG.63c7d5795b0507821afdfc1e4504d7c4.PNG

WITB:

Here’s the air compressor nozzle
IMG_0078.jpg

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter: Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1 w/SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0 Flamed finish (1 Degree)
Customizing:
PING White DLX Cart Bag

Here’s the tool I made.
IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Customizing:
PING White DLX Cart Bag

Here’s the tool I made.

IMG_0078.thumb.jpg.7bd666cfc8d0c0bb8c42e7107e744d7b.jpg

IMG_0078.thumb.jpg.8eada3ff080836aaf208007ea4b76480.jpg

So you pump the grip with air and use the tool to slide it off?

If just grabbed by and and slid it off before. Is the tool easier than just taking it off by hand?

WITB:

So you pump the grip with air and use the tool to slide it off?

If just grabbed by and and slid it off before. Is the tool easier than just taking it off by hand?

I believe he is talking about using this tool to remove grips installed with double sided grip tape.

I actually bought this one from golfworks. New-GolfWorks-V-Groove-Grip-Remover-Gripping-Tool.jpeg
After using it a few times and getting the hang of it, it takes less than a minute to remove most grips. Some stubborn ones can take a little longer but I haven't come across one yet that didn't eventually come off. I don't have an air compressor but this works well enough for me.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Yea I don’t use the tool with an air compressor. I use the tool to remove grips installed using standard double sided grip tape. I didn’t want to buy a tool for 20 or more dollars so a piece of steel for $3 and some time on the grinder to thin it out, refine the shape. Real easy.

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Customizing:
PING White DLX Cart Bag

On 5/25/2019 at 9:03 PM, B81Smith said:

Here’s the air compressor nozzle
IMG_0078.jpg

I used to use this nozzle. One thing you have to be careful of with this o e is that if you push too hard when installing, you can split the butt of the grip. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

• 10 months later...
On 7/22/2018 at 3:03 PM, Kor.A.Door said:

Using the air on the grips that have the weight in it is difficult. Because you can blow out the whole thing. The threaded sleeve in the grip portion is just glued in, so too much air and it will just blowout. Also, there is no hole in the screw end of the weight for SS grips. So your effort will useless unless you use the one that is just the screw Cap with the hole in it. I found also that not using 2-sided tape on some grips, they will move. The SS 2.0 pistol GTR will move, or at least mine did. So did the midsize align grips.

I've found adding a layer of build up tape (one sided) helps some groups stay in place better when they've been blown on.  For example, Golf Pride Plus4 Midsize grips can be a wee bit resistant to staying in place but build up tape has easily resolved that

On 3/28/2019 at 8:32 PM, Kor.A.Door said:

What grips are you trying to put on? It doesn’t hurt to use a little bit of solvent or mineral spirits to help the grip slide and not stick. It doesn’t take a lot, I use my pinky finger and dip it into the solvent and lightly rub it on the tape and just around the tip of the grip to help it slide sometimes. 

I also use a rag with some solvent on it to clean the shaft of tape debris etc and that helps the grips that like to grab or stick - its just enough 🙂

On 4/22/2019 at 2:25 PM, yungkory said:

Was this to install the TV Plus4 grips? I'll be interested to see how they hold up for you. I just put them on the rest of my irons after testing with my 4i,8i, and 56. Kinda feels like the air might've stretched them out and that they're a lot softer than the Pure grips, so they didn't shrink back down. Might actually be good to use some actual grip tape for these when installing with air, because I can kinda twist the grips currently without it.

I blew on the Tour Velvet MicroSuede grips last week and they needed far less pressure than others - quite thin and stretchy almost like PURE but felt like I could have ballooned  them very easily .....

On 5/28/2019 at 1:24 PM, Kor.A.Door said:

I used to use this nozzle. One thing you have to be careful of with this o e is that if you push too hard when installing, you can split the butt of the grip. 

Yep. I used that for a short time, but when you get that stubborn grip and split the butt end and ruin a new grip, it sucks. 

On 4/23/2020 at 3:29 PM, taskerc said:

I also use a rag with some solvent on it to clean the shaft of tape debris etc and that helps the grips that like to grab or stick - its just enough 🙂

Yep, just enough to help slide but not enough to make loose. 

25 minutes ago, Kor.A.Door said:

Yep. I used that for a short time, but when you get that stubborn grip and split the butt end and ruin a new grip, it sucks. 

I have changed the grips on my clubs and may wife's clubs for 5+ years and never had a grip split.  If a grip is hard to get on, something is not right.  I use short bursts of air, not continuous air, and just "walk it on".  Grips that are somewhat rigid with a collar are a little more difficult because the collar doesn't allow a seal with the shaft.  Solvent helps for those, but I haven't had to use solvent for any of my grips.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

10 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I have changed the grips on my clubs and may wife's clubs for 5+ years and never had a grip split.  If a grip is hard to get on, something is not right.  I use short bursts of air, not continuous air, and just "walk it on".  Grips that are somewhat rigid with a collar are a little more difficult because the collar doesn't allow a seal with the shaft.  Solvent helps for those, but I haven't had to use solvent for any of my grips.

I’ve switched to the Pure grips air gun and haven’t had any issues with it. I have had the mouth of the grip get stuck on a few grips where it rolls under on the shaft. I really just dip the tip of my finger in some mineral spirits and just wet the opening of the grip. It really helps the grips slide right on with very little air. Just a couple bursts and then one last burst to seat the butt end. I just found an easy for myself. I had issues with the air gun shown a few posts earlier where I would push just a little too much and it would slide all the in and then split the end of the grip. 

I don't have a specialized or home made tool to remove the grips installed with traditional double sided tape.

Been able to save some OEM grips for my other jobs when reshafting a couple of broken shafts.  People were pretty surprised that they received their reshafting job back with the OEM grips.

What you need are two simple tools which you might have around the house ( or been tossing them in recycle bin in the past ).  The hard cardboard tube which comes in the plastic food wraps ( Saran Wrap ) fits over the grip , which is a little larger than you need.  If you can go to hardware store and get a piece of plastic pipe ( or hard rubber tube ) which slide on the grip with a little room allowed for expansion.  You'll need an air compressor with reserve tank to maintain a pressure of > 95 psi.  I use 100-110 psi because I want it done faster and could control the expansion of the grip with the sleeves mentioned above.

When the air hits a tough spot inside the grip and the wall of the grip starts to expand, the hard sleeve you put on the grip will stop the grip from further ballooning to deform  the shape.  You can gently twist the tube withe the grip tightly fitted inside the tube to loosen it.  If nor budging, give a few drops of solvent into the vent hole of the grip and let the air send the solvent down to the spot where it got stuck.

Usually, you will hear a loud POP, when the air stream went through the grip fasten by the grip tape.  Grip the tube and twist it with solvent applied to remove the grip.

The grip will expand a little but if you reinstall it with double sided grip tape, it'll be serviceable.

You can use a section from the by gone year's club tub.  Those were made from plastic, tough enough to hold the expanding grip in place and also if cut open one end you can overlap the wall to have a firm hold on the grip to give it a twist to loosen it from the grip tape.  Solvent will help if used with the air tool.

It took me several rounds of practice , but one could get the idea pretty quickly.   The only grip that would not work well to remove is a double layer construction . i.e. the Winn wrap, which has a thin under listing and wrap over the underlisting.  Because the two material have different expansion rate, it can not be saved is it had been installed with double sided tape.  Even using the grip removal tool and solvent.  The wrap will be separated from the rubber under listing once solvent is involved.

No issue with the jumbo putter grips if they were installed with air in the first place.  With the larger putter grips often need to built up the lower hand section because the shaft is tapered skinnier on the low hand but the grip I.D. is a parallel void .    So build up the lower hand section with a few layers of tapes to make sure the putter grip will stay on firmly.   This is often overlooked even by the "professionals " at our local golf stores.  Had to fix a few of these for friends.

Edited by release

• 1 month later...

Has anyone had any practice removing the arccos connnect grips with the embedded sensor?  I need to get the sensor out and remove the grip.  Any tips/ideas? 

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Has anyone had any practice removing the arccos connnect grips with the embedded sensor?  I need to get the sensor out and remove the grip.  Any tips/ideas? 

Yup, all you need is a heat gun/hair dryer and a cheap pick tool (I got a 3 pack of them at harbor freight for $2).

IMG_2258.thumb.JPG.e53412589eee7463d3032dfa17b34b56.JPG

Heat up the cap of the grip (point the sensor away from the heat source), this slightly softens the material. Don’t overdo it.

IMG_2259.thumb.JPG.8ba82b6839972f18d98d12c2815ce894.JPG

Insert your pick tool, pokey end away from the battery in the sensor.

IMG_2261.thumb.JPG.4ec1c8a95fb3d3a29cdbe136fff78bf1.JPG

Work your way under one side of the sensor by keeping the pokey end of the pick pointed away from the sensor. Once you’ve worked your way under the sensor, turn the pick tool and gently lift the sensor out. Once one side comes out the sensor will pop out easily!

“He’s a Cinderella story. A former assistant groundskeeper about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!” — Carl Spackler

So I was in the air compressor camp for the last 1-2 years since I first tried it. I love how easy it is to put on/remove grips however I was finding that my grips were twisting. Bought a roll of golfworks double-sided tape and some odorless mineral spirits and regripped 2 of my clubs today and was amazed to find out that it was just as easy. Not sure why I was so intimidated by the traditional method before! I think I'll personally be doing the tape/solvent route for my own clubs, but it'll be cool to blow grips on when trying them out for the first time, if they're able to be installed that way.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

8 hours ago, yungkory said:

So I was in the air compressor camp for the last 1-2 years since I first tried it. I love how easy it is to put on/remove grips however I was finding that my grips were twisting. Bought a roll of golfworks double-sided tape and some odorless mineral spirits and regripped 2 of my clubs today and was amazed to find out that it was just as easy. Not sure why I was so intimidated by the traditional method before! I think I'll personally be doing the tape/solvent route for my own clubs, but it'll be cool to blow grips on when trying them out for the first time, if they're able to be installed that way.

I'm just too lazy to buy a compressor. I had to remove 3 grips yesterday from my wedges and they were using the double sided tape. With the right tool, removing them only took 2mins per grip.

So I'll stick with solvent and tape as well.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I bought a grip saving tool, its like a long thin blade (probably a bad description, it's not sharp at all on any edge). You use it to get solvent in an existing grip and then you work the device in and can save an existing grip. Have pulled probably about 20 grips so far without damaging. A regular iron grip I can pull in less than a minute for reuse. The fat putter grips take a bit longer.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

I prefer air because the grips are way easier to pull and reuse. I’m too much of a gear ho to stick with any particular combination of head shaft and grip long enough to wear out grips, so air works for me.

I’ve tried the grip saver method before going to air but found it was impossible to completely get rid of all the tiny bits of tape that would cling to inside of the grip and cause little bumps and ridges when I would reinstall. It drove me crazy.

“He’s a Cinderella story. A former assistant groundskeeper about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!” — Carl Spackler

3 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I bought a grip saving tool, its like a long thin blade (probably a bad description, it's not sharp at all on any edge). You use it to get solvent in an existing grip and then you work the device in and can save an existing grip. Have pulled probably about 20 grips so far without damaging. A regular iron grip I can pull in less than a minute for reuse. The fat putter grips take a bit longer.

Just as a bragged about my ability to take off grips, just lost two 😑. Iomic grips are thing I guess.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Yup, had to remove my Arccos grips on my F8 Woods so I could install the Shotscope tags...just removed the grips with my cutter tool(razor sharp with a hook on the end).

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra King F8(10.5*) w/ Mitdubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cobra King F8 LW(58*) w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts.Putter: Bellum Winmore 707; Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

On 6/27/2020 at 4:51 PM, Grit Golf said:

Yup, all you need is a heat gun/hair dryer and a cheap pick tool (I got a 3 pack of them at harbor freight for $2).

IMG_2258.thumb.JPG.e53412589eee7463d3032dfa17b34b56.JPG

Heat up the cap of the grip (point the sensor away from the heat source), this slightly softens the material. Don’t overdo it.

IMG_2259.thumb.JPG.8ba82b6839972f18d98d12c2815ce894.JPG

Insert your pick tool, pokey end away from the battery in the sensor.

IMG_2261.thumb.JPG.4ec1c8a95fb3d3a29cdbe136fff78bf1.JPG

Work your way under one side of the sensor by keeping the pokey end of the pick pointed away from the sensor. Once you’ve worked your way under the sensor, turn the pick tool and gently lift the sensor out. Once one side comes out the sensor will pop out easily!

This is awesome, thank you!!  I’ve got to get a pick tool, but will do shortly.  Have you had any luck removing or installing the connect grips themselves? 

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

This is awesome, thank you!!  I’ve got to get a pick tool, but will do shortly.  Have you had any luck removing or installing the connect grips themselves? 

The connect grips remove just like any other grip.

If you want to reuse the grip, I use a grip removal tool (like this one: https://www.golfworks.com/the-golfworks-v-groove-grip-remover/p/vggrv/?country=US?country=US&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhazm1vOl6gIVR9bACh2XtwpiEAQYASABEgJ-HPD_BwE ) and purell. Purell stays in a gel form and does not run all over the place the way mineral spirits does. It’s also Covid-19 friendly and not as dangerous from a health perspective.

One note about the Lamkin crossline cobra connect grips, if you install and uninstall them with air, watch your psi, they get a bit “bulgy” if you overdo it, their fingerprint tech grips have a softer feel and can bulge out.

If you don’t reuse, just put the sensor aside and cut the buggers off.

They install exactly like any other grip, you can use tape and mineral spirits, or use air (watch your psi), or take it to the pro shop and pay em $3 a grip!

• 4 months later...

The Porter-Cable C2002-WK (pancake air compressor at reviewwhore.com) is an amazing compressor that sudden spikes in demand for a 120V engine, with the limit enough to control little air devices and effectively top off an inflatable cushion or your vehicle tires. A great many people are mindful about associating medium to high limit hardware in the house and in equal use with other house apparatuses. All things considered, the C2002-WK is sheltered to interface with your AC electrical plugs, which you should do to top off the tank when air runs out. It is one of the best pancake air compressor.