Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Patrick Gibbons Handmade

I just wanted to give a little MGS love to Patrick Gibbons and his new enterprise, Patrick Gibbons Handmade.

Patrick sent a red leather grip to me a few weeks ago that was quickly installed on one of the best putters in my collection, a TCB 20th Anniversary Byron Morgan DH89.

Shortly thereafter, I contacted Patrick about turning a Gucci purse into a few grips (got the idea from him - he turned his fiancee's LV bag into a grip) and before I could turn around the grips were in my mailbox. One of the Gucci grips is going on my wife's putter, but the future of the other two has yet to be determined.

I really can't say enough about the quality of the grips that Patrick makes. I've used just about every grip out there and there isn't one that surpasses Patrick's in terms of craftsmanship. The size is decidedly more "D" shaped than the Iomics I've been using (the Iomic is more of an oval IMO) and somewhat thicker, but the grip instantly felt comfortable in my hands. Also, I love the grip caps with Patrick's handprint logo on them.

I've put a few pics here of the red leather grip and the Gucci grips. His website should launch very soon:

http://www.patrickgibbonshandmade.com/

IMG_2520.JPG

IMG_2521.JPG

IMG_2526.JPG

IMG_2527.JPG

IMG_2529.JPG

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I have the same picture from his website as wallpaper on my phone. How much does he charge if the leather is provided? I have a leather couch that Ive had forever that I love and its time to get rid of it that would make a perfect grip.

Nothing helps you find a lost ball better than a provisional hit straight down the middle.

Hendricks, can you just imagine how many grips you could get out of a couch! HOLY COW! It is like the GRIP MOTHERLOAD! LOL!

I just receieved a grip from Patrick for review and use on a personal putter.

First impressions? Love the feel of the leather. Mine is a caramel colored cowhide, I assume and is very easy on the eyes. The feel is very smooth, yet not slick. Stitching looks good and the shape is very defined. I think that guys will either love the shape or not. There is no really wishy-washy look to it. I love the shape. The underlisting is not the normal look, but who says that has to be a negative? As long as the bottom end is protected and there isn't any lip to catch when you pull the putter from your bag, I can get used to the different looks.

I'll be putting this bad boy on my Tombstone and recommending to Chris Jordan that we see about offering this grip as a custom upgrade on our Sunset Beach Customs.

When I get a chance to roll some putts with the Tombstone/Gibbons combo, I'll be back for another review.

Thanks Patrick!

LaMont in AZ

Hmm... if one could find the bases and underlisting supplies, one could easily make these in their home if they can stitch. It would be very simple. That said, you have to find the supplies that go under the surface material, and last time I checked, they're hard to find or come by.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Archived