Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Stay and Play packages/resorts Michigan and NY

newballcoach

Hey guys,

Looking to set up a golf trip for myself and a few friends this year. Never done it before, but want to make it a more annual tradition. We are looking to go over the May long weekend (19-22 for us Canadians). 

Have looked at a few online packages throughout Michigan (Gaylord, Treetops, among others) and NY (Turning Stone Resort, NY Golf Trail). Just wondering if anybody is from one of these areas and has some recommendations for me. 

Basically looking at 2 nights with at least 3 days of golf. Free replays are a bonus. Thanks for any input you have. 

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

Take a look at Gull Lake in Michigan. There are a ton of courses and the cost is almost nothing. Lodging is also included. We've always had a blast.

http://www.gulllakeview.com/accommodations-and-packages/golf-packages/

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

• 1 year later...

I realize this is an older thread but I'd suggest you check out Garland resort.   We just returned after a 3 day 2 night stay.   There are four courses, Swamp Fire, Monarch, and Fountains  but I'd stay away from Reflections.   The facilities are nice (a little dated) the food is excellent and the golf superb.   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness

Saw this got a recent bump and hope the information is still relevant for you.  My in-laws live 40 miles north of Traverse City so I have been able to check out some great courses up there.

I 100% agree with dhartmann34 that Gull Lake is top notch.  The courses are fantastic, and the lodging is very inexpensive. I go with a group of 20-30 guys each year and we are never disappointed.

Boyne Mountain has some great golf package options and excellent courses, Grand Traverse Resort is a bit on the pricy side, but gorgeous courses (they look that way as I drive by so take that plug with a grain of salt), and my final plug is Shanty Creek Resort.  I really enjoy playing all of the courses at Shanty Creek and they offer different price points to match your goals.

I hope this is useful information for the OP or someone else planning a golf trip.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Archived