TESTERS WANTED! ×

Describe Your Warmup?

Sschaffer24

I've always been a systems guy. I like to have a set way to do things in my life. It let's me set the bar and feel like I can control the variable to get the best possible performance out of myself.

Take golf for example, I have been tweaking with a warm up routine for years to get prepped for the course. We all have experienced the times where we get to little time and are stiff for the first four holes just like I'm sure we are all familiar with being at the course way too long ahead of teeing off and getting tired halfway through your round.

So, looking for a little inspiration, I'm curious what you guys do? What does your routine look like?

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be the simple guy - 1/2 hour early, get shoes on, pack the cart, set up a scorecard.

Hit a few putts on the practice green to see how they roll today.

Pull out the driver and stretch out my back with some rotations followed by slow-mo swings.

Once my shoulders and back are done popping, take a few real swings.

I'm ready to go.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I'll be the simple guy - 1/2 hour early, get shoes on, pack the cart, set up a scorecard.

Pull out the driver and stretch out my back with some rotations followed by slow-mo swings.

I'm ready to go.

This is typically me for a casual round. Hit some putts, a few swings and some very light stretching.

For a tournament though I get there 45mins-1hour early, putt for about 15-20 mins and then hit range balls. Lots of wedges to loosen up, then 9,7,4, rescue, driver. Then whatever club I'm hitting off the first hole so usually a few more drivers.

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

90% of my rounds...Make a drink in the garage. Drive to course. Quickly stretch on the first tee and hit 2 junk balls in to the woods. Good to go.

If I have more time I'll hit half a bucket with wedges and 9 irons. Then maybe 4-5 drivers and go to the bar.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

if I can hit balls I do... so many moving parts with the swing....got to figure out what is out-of-sequence for the day.  :)

Have a buddy who is a member of the fancy-pants club in town with amazing practice facilities; free balls...as many as you want...I show up an hour early.

irons/couple of drives/chips/putts... got to get that muscle memory thing organized.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

For a normal casual round, I'll start with some stretches, for back, legs, and shoulders.  Then slow to full swings with an 8 or 9-iron, full swings with a 5 or 6, just a couple with a 19 hybrid, and maybe a half-dozen with a driver.  Then going down, a few 5/6, a few 8/9.  Then putting, some shorties (under 5') and some lags.  If I have time, a couple more drivers on my way to the first tee.  Sometimes I'll hit 2 or 3 drivers off the deck, I find its good practice in keeping dead steady through the swing, and it builds confidence.

Before tournaments, however, I'll do it a little different.  I'll start with putting, mostly lags, then some chipping, a variety of shots from both rough and fairway.  Then some stretching and off to the range, pretty much the routine I outlined above, back to the putting green for both make-able putts (say 6 feet and in) and lags (30 feet or more).  As before, I like to end with just a couple of drivers on my way to the first tee.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I do everything slow. Almost methodical in a lighter sense. Will walk from locker to first tee in slow motion. Take out club and put tee in ground in slow motion. Than before I strike that sucker I stand their and gloat. I will survey my surroundings like I own the place. Enjoying and Reveling in the moment. After doing this for 45 minutes , I'm more than ready to accept what the day will bring

First I do some stretching and make a few swings with my skilz swing trainer. Then I hit a few chip shots to get a feel for distance then I do the same with putting. Finally I hit a few drives off toward the range and then i'm off and running.

Taylormade M1

Titleist 816 H1

Titleist 916 AP1 4-GW

52,56,60 Vokey Wedges

64 Mack Daddy PM Grind Wedge

Ping Ketsch mid putter

Titleist deluxe cart bag

TecTecTec range finder

CaddyTek EZ-Fold 3 Wheel Golf Push Cart

Country Club Elite® Hitting Strip 10"x30"

Rukket Haack Golf Net By SEC Coach Chris Haack 10 X 7ft

I'm ready to go.

This sums up my warmup when I go to my home course.  When I go to a different course like I did for 2 weeks in Phoenix, I will spend up to an hour on the putting and chipping greens.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I get to the course an hour early, stretch, warm up hitting wedges, and go through the bag hitting short,mid and long irons through woods, then to the putting surface to get a feel for the speed of the greens then off to the first tee. I usually research the course and try to formulate a plan of attack but throw that plan out the window after the first tee shot, lol.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I usually research the course and try to formulate a plan of attack but throw that plan out the window after the first tee shot, lol.

MDGolfHacker

This... is the most honest and most awesome thing I've seen all day!!!

I get to the course an hour early, stretch, warm up hitting wedges, and go through the bag hitting short,mid and long irons through woods, then to the putting surface to get a feel for the speed of the greens then off to the first tee. I usually research the course and try to formulate a plan of attack but throw that plan out the window after the first tee shot, lol.

MDGolfHacker

My plan of attack is don't hit it OB

Taylormade M1

Titleist 816 H1

Titleist 916 AP1 4-GW

52,56,60 Vokey Wedges

64 Mack Daddy PM Grind Wedge

Ping Ketsch mid putter

Titleist deluxe cart bag

TecTecTec range finder

CaddyTek EZ-Fold 3 Wheel Golf Push Cart

Country Club Elite® Hitting Strip 10"x30"

Rukket Haack Golf Net By SEC Coach Chris Haack 10 X 7ft

My plan of attack is don't hit it OB

FYI, the brain doesn't understand negatives; it reads your plan as "hit it OB." You are better off saying don't hit it in the fairway!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

These days it seems I roll out of the car and hit the locker room. Proceed to the range and assess my hangover then decide if I want to nap or hit balls. Not exactly how I should prepare for a round. Then again I have been in Vegas for ten days and counting so it is kind of the norm out here.

WITB 2024

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS 9* SHAFT TBD...

:taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

:callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

:callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

:callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Show up, putt for a little while, then head to the first tee.

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Well it depends on if the course I play has a range. If it does and I have the time I'm there 45-60 min before my round. Start with some light stretching then I'll go 5 half swing with PW 5 full swings with PW then 7i for 5-10 swings depending on how my back is. Once it feels warm I move to 5i 20*H 3 wood Driver then I take a few more swings with the 7i. Depending on how much time I have I may go through the first hole in my head. Then off to the practice green for chipping and putting. I try to leave at least 15-20 min to get a feel around the green. Lately though with my schedule it has been park stretch first tee so sometimes the first few holes are rough.

HA HA HA what the  :o  is a warm up????

Get to the course, pay for the round, get a cart, drive back to the truck, load bag, put on shoes and head to the first tee.

Although, when I'm with Theoo, I tend to shank a few range balls beforehand because he shames me into it.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

First, head to the range and hit half a dozen or so half speed shots with a 7/8 iron just simply focusing on hitting the damn ball. Then I'll stretch. Back, legs, shoulders, and especially the glutes (gotta get them activated like Tiger says).

Then I'll grab a wedge and hit 7-10 shots going up every other club from the wedge I started with.

After I've hit a couple solid drives I head over to the chipping area and get some feel for the high flyers, bump n runs, chips, and pitches. Maybe drop into the bunker for a few sand shots.

Then I'll head over to the putting green and do "around the world" (where you putt from 4, 5, and 6 feet at 90* angles from each other) a couple times. Once that's done I'll hit a few lags from the middle of the green to the fringe not aiming just getting a feel for lag.

After that I walk to the first tee saying a prayer to the golf God's the whole way.

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I've learned through time to keep my warm up the same whether a tournament or casual round.

Here it is. Drop the club's off at the rack or if it's at my club arrange for them to be out. Park far from the club house. Walk from the car to the club house. Get my shoes and sunscreen on, check in, walk to the range and do a series of stretches.

Hit some gentle wedges, half a dozen or so. Hit a couple of full wedges, 9 irons and 8 irons. Hit a few drivers. Go hit a few chips and putts and off to the first tee.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Well luckily I have a driving range nearby so I usually hit a large bucket before I head off to whatever course I am playing that day. This only on weekends mind you. Then at the course putt for about 10 minutes and then take a few swings with a couple of long irons 4/5 together to again loosen the body. Swing the driver a few more times and then off to the first tee.

Again if I do not get a chance to hit before I play...it is usually an adventure the first couple of holes.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

For me if I get the chance to hit balls I will.  Usually no more than 15 thou, just enough to get loose and see how the swing is doing.  I will always go to the putting green though.  I have to make ten 3' putts in a row before I go out.  This builds some confidence seeing the ball go in the hole.

I am not one to beat balls, my swing is what it is and I usually know how to fix it. 

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

HA HA HA what the :o is a warm up????

Get to the course, pay for the round, get a cart, drive back to the truck, load bag, put on shoes and head to the first tee.

Although, when I'm with Theoo, I tend to shank a few range balls beforehand because he shames me into it.

I'm slowly making you a better player lol

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

For me it kinda depends on the type of round. If it's a tournament or something like that I like to get there around a hour and a half to check in and kinda just relax before I hit the range. Then I'll hit balls for about 20-25 mins then do some short game. Then I take a little break before rolling putts

If it's a more casual round I like to be there early enough to hit some balls and putts then it's off to the tee

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

HA HA HA what the  :o  is a warm up????

I can do that.

It's usually the same for me no matter where I play.

One hour early -  check -in, gather tees, card, pencil, ball, and markers.

Start with a 54* wedge hitting 10-30 yard pitches

Transition with the 54* to full shots

9i full shots

7i full shots

Driver - 8 to 10 shots

chip and putt for a few minutes

Get a cup of ice water

Setup the bets

Hit it and go

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

It's usually the same for me no matter where I play.

One hour early -  check -in, gather tees, card, pencil, ball, and markers.

Start with a 54* wedge hitting 10-30 yard pitches

Transition with the 54* to full shots

9i full shots

7i full shots

Driver - 8 to 10 shots

chip and putt for a few minutes

Get a cup of ice water

Setup the bets

Hit it and go

If you had confidence in your game, you would set up the bets before you went to the range.   :D

Anyone have any ideas for how to handle a round right out of the car? I get to head to the course over the summer after 5PM for a late 9 holes a lot and always struggle with being out of sync early since I can't warm up. Any techniques for in the car or at the office beforehand you guys use?

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Anyone have any ideas for how to handle a round right out of the car? I get to head to the course over the summer after 5PM for a late 9 holes a lot and always struggle with being out of sync early since I can't warm up. Any techniques for in the car or at the office beforehand you guys use?

In that situation it always seems that you will feel rushed or feel like you are in a hurry. you need to breathe and slow everything down. I play this way a lot, it helps to take some deep breaths and find a target to hit to, and don't swing full, maybe a 3/4 controlled swing, add a club on the second shot and do the same thing, use the first couple shots to sort of loosen up. I find for myself hat I just need to slow everything down.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Archived