TESTERS WANTED! ×

Bobby Grace

golfer69

Haven't gamed the new F-18 but got to hit some putts with my buddy's heel shafted model. Seemed to have a great roll off the face insert he had in it but the rain ran us off so I didn't get to tinker with the other inserts. I've been a fan of Bobby Grace Designs for over a decade. My current gamer is the first BGD putter I ever owned. Currently have the M5K GT, M6.4K GT, Fat Lady Swings and an extra weird B4J 12K MOI. Bobby was offering custom weight kits, hawking extreme MOI and touting roll board stats 15 years ago. Kinda feels like I've been cheating and everyone else is just now catching up.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

I have the 4 diamond Anser style version and his inserts are in my opinion are some of the best designs out there.  He has the grooves in the face as well as a slight curvature that is supposed to get the ball rolling much quicker.  Not only that he has two different types of rubber where if you strike in the heel or toe the ball will go the same distance as a center hit due to a firmer material and a higher rebound rate.

With all this praise I have to say that I rarely use the putter and the reason why is the insert is just too soft.  With the latest trend of golf balls getting softer, the insert is so soft that I can't feel the strike.  This makes distance control next to impossible for me because there isn't any feedback.  I would love it if the center rubber felt like the harder outside rubber sections and the outside sections were harder still because then I could feel the putts again. 

If you play a harder Surlyn type ball though these putters are absolutely fantastic and I highly recommend them.

My bag is a revolving door!

That is a solid stick and rolls the ball really true. I picked up my first Grace last summer and it is a work of art.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Archived