Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Souvenirs from bucket list courses

Kor.A.Door

With my upcoming trip to Pinehurst to play #2, I was thinking about what kind of souvenirs I would like to get. It got me thinking, and I'm not sure what to look at getting. I know many of you have played some bucket list course, so I thought I would see what things you have purchased as reminders of that bucket list trip, or if you haven't been on one, what are some things that you would want to buy as a reminder of that special round of golf.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Keep a divot and plant in your back yard  :D

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

Get a Pin flag. You can frame it.

I have several from bucket list and or famous courses. Much better than a shirt, hat, towel, etc.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

kidding aside, what about a little sand from a bunker?  something different than the usual hat/shirt/etc

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

I like the framed pin flag idea.

Otherwise it depends.  If the apparel looks cool maybe a hat or visor.  If it's generic looking though I'm not going to buy it just to have it.  I'd also look at ball markers or headcovers.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Photo on the 18th (or 9th) (or some nice hole) of your group that you can frame ?

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

i like to get something to wear - which is nice for a while, but for a lasting memory, I keep yardage books.  Its great to look back at them and remember being there.  I had one from Pebble in hand for part of last week's event. 

WITB:
Driver Ping Anser 8.5 deg Diamana 'ahina X
3 Wood Adams LS Stock S or TM 14 deg MiniDriver stock S
Irons Ben Hogan FW 15 KBS Tour V S
Wedges Ben Hogan TK 15 KBS Tour V S
Putter Nike Method Concept
Launch Monitor: SkyTrak

Play Right-handed

I'm a fan of getting the courses flagship ball marker. I think it's cool to see the different designs. it's simple, and a really easy way to see the courses you've played over the years. Playing a true bucket list course like that though, I'd probably go the extra mile with the pin flag or something like that.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

I'm another one who collects yardage books.  The Pinehurst clubhouse has a great selection of clothing, so that's a good option too.  Glassware could be nice, a shot glass or similar.  I also keep ball markers, those are relatively inexpensive.  I don't display them, I actually use them.

If you need any recommendations for bars and restaurants while you're in Pinehurst, let me know.  I get there 2 or 3 times a year, and have found some good places that many visitors don't get to.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Memorable / bucket list courses I buy a flag.. In addition to a shirt and logo ball. Good photos too if it's not holding up play.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Well this isn't really my idea but a guy I know who gets to play all over has a ball from every course he has played with the logo on it. At least all the famous ones. 

He keeps them in framed case with the logo sticking out. I was checking it out and he had them from Pebble, Pinehurst, Erin Hills, Kiawah, Oakmont, Whistling Straights, Sawgrass, you name it. Probably 60+ golf balls. I thought it was really cool when I saw it. Definitely jealous. 

Another buddy of mine played Pinehurst recently and loved it. I think you'll have a blast. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Kor a Dor Dave is right about the PH Pro Shop. And more importantly get his recommendations on eateries. He gave me and my group a few places to try and they were great. I especially liked (can't remember their names now) the little pub on the corner - small place but I had fish and chips that were good. Good beers too. Also there was a restaurant we went to that Dave suggested that had a nice selection of scotch and again... good food.

Looked online... Dugans Pub I think was the fish and chips place. Much other good pub grub too.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

I've been fortunate to play some of the real gems on multiple occasions and mix it up upon return trips, but for me, the quintessential memorabilia item is a complete yardage book. And after the round I will mark it up with my "ShotLink" stats as it were. I think it's a nice way to memorialize the specifics of your round and quality yardage books still pay dividends on tracks you've never played.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

I've been fortunate to play some of the real gems on multiple occasions and mix it up upon return trips, but for me, the quintessential memorabilia item is a complete yardage book. And after the round I will mark it up with my "ShotLink" stats as it were. I think it's a nice way to memorialize the specifics of your round and quality yardage books still pay dividends on tracks you've never played.

This is a great idea if you use something like Game Golf or Shotlink, I've never thought about marking up the book with the details of the round.  You could even mark it up as you go through the round.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Kor a Dor Dave is right about the PH Pro Shop. And more importantly get his recommendations on eateries. He gave me and my group a few places to try and they were great. I especially liked (can't remember their names now) the little pub on the corner - small place but I had fish and chips that were good. Good beers too. Also there was a restaurant we went to that Dave suggested that had a nice selection of scotch and again... good food.

Looked online... Dugans Pub I think was the fish and chips place. Much other good pub grub too.

Yeah, Dugans is nice.  The good Scotch selection, I'm not sure, was it Maxies?

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Yeah, Dugans is nice.  The good Scotch selection, I'm not sure, was it Maxies?

Yes. Maxies. That's it. We had a good meal there and found it an entertaining place.

I wouldn't need shot link, as my mind is a virtual shot link for at least a week. So that may work well to get a yardage book and then mark it after the round

I will be attending with several guys that have been to Pinehurst courses and the surrounding area many times, some of them have lived in this area for a while, so finding great places to eat and such are pretty well covered. Thanks for the offer For eats and drinks in the area Dave. I am really looking forward to this trip.

I wouldn't need shot link, as my mind is a virtual shot link for at least a week. So that may work well to get a yardage book and then mark it after the round

I don't subscribe to any of those gps services either. We usually fill in our books over signature drinks in the grill while the round is still fresh. Tip: 1. step off actual tee markers vs tee box yardage plaque and note as you go 2. save your hole location sheet for marking your book and backing out accurate tee shot yardages

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

I like the framed pin flag idea.

Otherwise it depends. If the apparel looks cool maybe a hat or visor. If it's generic looking though I'm not going to buy it just to have it. I'd also look at ball markers or headcovers.

Yes sir, can never have too many markers or headcovers. If I could have anything it'd be the flag from TPC 17th, however unoriginal that sentiment is, the want is overpowering.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Archived