#1 vcrodelle

vcrodelle

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Handicap:11

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:15 AM

I live in NY.  It's cold.  I'm recently single and I just want to play golf.  I'm looking to take a trip to FL in March for a long weekend. I have a buddy that would go but I've never been on a golf trip before and am looking for recommendations as I don't know the ins and outs of what to look for.  If anyone knows of a good deal, all inclusive is not a must, but something reasonably priced for 2-3 days of golf that is fun for single guys under 30 when we aren't golfing (nearby bars).  Thanks     

#2 DShafr1216

DShafr1216

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:58 AM

Check out the Golf Match app. They have groups of singles in different areas around the country. I live in NY (Poughkeepsie area) as well and it's going to be 50's for the next 2 weeks. Hopefully courses will open soon

Sent from my SM-G935V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

#3 revkev

revkev

AGENT NAME: FAIRHAVEN

• Members

• 7,423 posts
  • LocationSt Petersburg FL
  • Handicap:3.9

Posted 18 February 2017 - 01:07 PM

I've lived in Florida for over ten years and been coming here regularly for 20 plus more so I know the lay of the land a bit.

I would need more information to make recommendations. Golf in Florida in March is expensive as it is our prime season. When the baseball teams and spring breakers are here things go through the roof.

Still there are deals to be had. A reasonably priced place that I've done several stay and plays at is PGA Village in Port St Lucie. Three great courses by Fazio and Dye. Good food and a couple if clubs. Close by the beaches of you guys want to hit that scene. 20 something single guys need to be by the beach in March!

On my side of the State there is Innisbrook. Its pricier but you are very close to Clearwater Beach which is one of the Spring break Meccas. Also the night life at the club is better at Innisbrook. You have to avoid the Valspar weekend of course.

Good luck, lots to choose from. Florida in March is generally around 80 and sunny.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app
<p>Driver: G30 10.5</p><p>Fairway woods: Callaway xHot extremes</p><p>Hybrid: SLDR S (not C) </p><p>Irons: Wilson C 200 aldila rogue 75 5-PW     2 degrees flat</p><p>Wedges: SCOR 48, 53, 60 Genius graphite  2 degrees flat </p><p>Putter Never Comprimise Vodoo Daddy 32.5"</p><p>Bag: Nike Cart</p><p>Ball: Bridgestone B330 RX, Snell MTB

#4 MGoBlue100

MGoBlue100

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members

• 500 posts
  • LocationUpstate SC
  • Handicap:13

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:11 PM

I would seriously look at Myrtle Beach. 100+ courses. Prices for EVERY range. All kinds of packages, from a hotel + golf & nothing else to ALL inclusive where u never leave your resort. Must be 20 websites. I would research reviews & go.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

:bridgestone-small:  JGR 9.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x
:callaway-small: RAZR Fit Xtreme 15*  Ozik Matrix HD Radix 4x
:cleveland-small:  588 20.5* Hybrid  Ozik Black Tie HM3 95x
:callaway-small: XHOT 22* 4 Hybrid  Callaway Project X Hot Stiff
:mizuno-small: JPX-825 (4i - GW)  KBS Tour 130x
:mizuno-small: JPX Wedges 54*  /  58*
MATI Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0
:bridgestone-small: B330-RX

#5 vcrodelle

vcrodelle

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Handicap:11

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:32 AM

Thanks guys

#6 jaxbeachpackerfan

jaxbeachpackerfan

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members

• 970 posts
  • LocationJacksonville Beach, Florida
  • Handicap:12

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:57 AM

I'll chime in here from the "First Coast" (Jacksonville area).  First of all, great golf.  Within a 40 minute drive from my condo are TPC Sawgrass, World Golf Village, Amelia Island and its several courses, and a host of good semi-private courses that I can recommend.  Second, we are too far north for snowbirds (and spring training).  So, golf is pretty much the same price all year round, resort courses excepted.  Hotels, too, with the exception of perhaps late April to mid-June and the holidays.  Third, if you made your base in Jacksonville Beach, where I live, the nightlife is non-stop, Wednesdays through Sundays, all year around.  Its all 20 to 30 somethings (I'm 64, so I just watch the scantily clad ladies going from bar to bar).  Plus, for a single guy, it is a fact that the percentage of ladies that are good looking is much higher in Florida that up north (where I'm from).  So, have your travel guy check out hotels in Jax Beach (there's several, Marriott, Best Western, Four Points, Hampton Inn, etc.) and take your pick of the golf courses.  If you do so and want to play the Stadium, I have a standing offer to Spys to host them at the discounted rate I get (still pricey, but couple hundred less than what you might otherwise get).  As a matter of fact, I'm hosting a guy visiting from Scotland on the Stadium on Thursday that took up my offer from the 'other' site.

I'm also playing the Stadium tomorrow, as well.  Mid-70s forecast.  

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G30 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft

TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft OR
Titleist TMB 2 iron, stiff shaft

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-8, Stiff Shafts

Scor 43, 48 and 55 degree wedges.  

Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

#7 revkev

revkev

• Members

• 7,423 posts
  • LocationSt Petersburg FL
  • Handicap:3.9

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:29 PM

I'll chime in here from the "First Coast" (Jacksonville area). First of all, great golf. Within a 40 minute drive from my condo are TPC Sawgrass, World Golf Village, Amelia Island and its several courses, and a host of good semi-private courses that I can recommend. Second, we are too far north for snowbirds (and spring training). So, golf is pretty much the same price all year round, resort courses excepted. Hotels, too, with the exception of perhaps late April to mid-June and the holidays. Third, if you made your base in Jacksonville Beach, where I live, the nightlife is non-stop, Wednesdays through Sundays, all year around. Its all 20 to 30 somethings (I'm 64, so I just watch the scantily clad ladies going from bar to bar). Plus, for a single guy, it is a fact that the percentage of ladies that are good looking is much higher in Florida that up north (where I'm from). So, have your travel guy check out hotels in Jax Beach (there's several, Marriott, Best Western, Four Points, Hampton Inn, etc.) and take your pick of the golf courses. If you do so and want to play the Stadium, I have a standing offer to Spys to host them at the discounted rate I get (still pricey, but couple hundred less than what you might otherwise get). As a matter of fact, I'm hosting a guy visiting from Scotland on the Stadium on Thursday that took up my offer from the 'other' site.

I'm also playing the Stadium tomorrow, as well. Mid-70s forecast.

All these things are very true. And I can vouch for Jax being a great guy to play with.

BTW I have a church conference in September. Its at the Ponte Verde Beach Marriott. I would like to get out and play with you then.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app
<p>Driver: G30 10.5</p><p>Fairway woods: Callaway xHot extremes</p><p>Hybrid: SLDR S (not C) </p><p>Irons: Wilson C 200 aldila rogue 75 5-PW     2 degrees flat</p><p>Wedges: SCOR 48, 53, 60 Genius graphite  2 degrees flat </p><p>Putter Never Comprimise Vodoo Daddy 32.5"</p><p>Bag: Nike Cart</p><p>Ball: Bridgestone B330 RX, Snell MTB

#8 fozcycle

fozcycle

• Members

• 5,387 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL USA
  • Handicap:17

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:15 PM

If you come to Tampa, you have a plethora of courses to choose from. TPC Tampa Bay, World Woods(Top 100 courses), Innisbrook(home of the Valspar PGA event) and many many more public courses.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Driver: Cobra King LTD with Aldila Rogue Black or Paderson Kinetix Regular shaft set at 11.5* Alternate Driver: Powerbilt AFO DFX set at 10.5* w/Aldila RIP Beta regaular shaft. Fairway: Cobra F6 3-4 14.5* with Matrix Red Tie regular shaft & Cobra F6 Baffler 19.0* with Matrix Red Tie Regular shaft set at 16.0* Hybrids: Cobra Bio Cell 2-3 Hybrid with Bio Cell Regular shaft set at 17.5* Irons: Mizuno JPX800 Pro 6, 7 & 8 with Project X 5.0 shafts, SCOR 41*/45*/49*/53*/57* Putter: EVNROLL E6 33" with Win grip Bag: University of Kentucky Bucket Cooler Cart Bag from Team Effort Balls: Snell MTB, Wilson Duo, MG Golf 384, Bridgestone 330RX. Glove: Bionic GPS: Garmin G6 Laser: MG GolfDriver in the wings: Wilson Triton, with Aldila Rogue Silver....just waiting for the USGA approved sole plates to arrive😞Backup irons: Cobra F6 Tecflo 4-PW with Matrix Red Tie Regulare shafts Wedges: Cobra F6 Tecflo AW(50*), Wedges: Cobra F6 PW/GW/SW with Matrix Red Tie regular shafts set at 2* flat.

#9 Padreruf

Padreruf

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationHigh Point
  • Handicap:10

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:52 AM

If you come to Tampa, you have a plethora of courses to choose from. TPC Tampa Bay, World Woods(Top 100 courses), Innisbrook(home of the Valspar PGA event) and many many more public courses.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I agree -- played IMG at Bradenton and Stoneybrook @ Heritage Harbor -- both were in great shape and really challenging.  

"There is not such thing as a bad day on the golf course!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Our Sponsors