#1 strokerAce

strokerAce

SR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members

• 497 posts
  • LocationFRANKLIN, MA
  • Handicap:13

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:10 PM

Just ran across this video from "Me and My Golf" guys discussing wedge play but about 4 and a half minutes in they talk about a new product coming in May of this year - the Orange whip wedge.  Can't wait to hear how this works.  Hopefully the MGS crew gives it a try and shares the review.
  skip ahead to 4:50
https://youtu.be/VyhRH60WdYw?t=4m54s

D:      Cobra Bio-Cell+ stiff Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 set @ 8.5

3W:      Callaway XR 15* Project X LZ stiff shaft
Hyb:        Callaway XR 22* Project X LZ stiff shaft
Irons:         Callaway Apex Pro 4-P (std L/L/L; stiff KBS Tour V 110)
Wedges:       Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/58
Putter:              Yes! Donna

Franklin, MA
RH 13 hcp

#2 JudgeSmails

JudgeSmails

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, IN
  • Handicap:10

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:21 PM

Love my orange whip, may have to check this out

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M1 10.5*

Hybrids:  :wilson_staff_small: D200 3h 19* 4h 22*

Irons:   :wilson_staff_small: C200 5-GW

Wedges:  :wilson_staff_small: PMP 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :cameron-small:  Fastback Select  (codename: LittleScotty)

Ball:  :wilson_staff_small:  DUO Urethane

Bag:  Sun Mountain C130

#3 tony@CIC

tony@CIC

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:26 PM

Video makes a lot of sense. Definitely going to try the orange wedge 

#4 Kenny B

Kenny B

AGENT NAME: FAIRHAVEN

• Members

• 5,942 posts
  • LocationKennewick, WA
  • Handicap:8.3

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:56 PM

Good advice.  I started pitching the ball better after watching a segment on Golf Channel Academy with Paul Azinger, when he talked about using the bounce more.  I wish I could find that video again.  GC seems to have buried it somewhere.

#5 mega

mega

SPY ANALYST

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:58 PM

Another forum I used to frequent many years ago had threads on The Whippy. IIRC, one of the members, because of his success with The Whippy, went out and built himself a set of clubs with the most flexible shaft he could find to practice with but looking at their site now I see they offer a lot more options. Searching this forum for whippy or tempomaster (as one word) didn't yield anything.

I've always liked Stan Utley's approach but struggled to execute it properly without an instructor's feedback (at least when trying to use the bounce, his "chipping" technique wasn't an issue). One of the things I like about James Sieckmann's approach is that I was able to get it from the book and videos without the need of feedback from an instructor, not that I wouldn't benefit from feedback Right or wrong, something about a finesse wedge swing and distance wedge swing was more intuitive for me than Utley's pitching (using the bounce) and chipping (more of the leading edge approach) philosophies.

http://www.tempomaster.com/index.html

All that said, I have the compact Orange Whip and love swinging it for the feels I get from it, would be very interested in trying the wedge. When I can't get out to practice or play, which is often with my travel schedule, I try to work on feels, tempo, swing bottom, and staying on plane, so when I get back to playing its not to hard to get going again. In addition to my orange whip, I use the impact snap, and a short sand wedge that fits in my suitcase that helps me see and feel club head position in the hotel room...

#6 PlaidJacket

PlaidJacket

AGENT NAME: PLANO

• Members

• 2,335 posts
  • LocationW. Texas
  • Handicap:6.3

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:04 PM

Good advice.  I started pitching the ball better after watching a segment on Golf Channel Academy with Paul Azinger, when he talked about using the bounce more.  I wish I could find that video again.  GC seems to have buried it somewhere.

I think I remember that segment. Liked it. Like Azinger a lot too. I'll search for it. Might find it on youtube perhaps.

My  :wilson_staff_small:  bag currently includes:    TWGT 771CSI 4i - PW and TWGT PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

TM SLDR 14° D, TWGT 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

Edel Willimette w/SuperStroke Slim

#7 PlaidJacket

PlaidJacket

AGENT NAME: PLANO

• Members

• 2,335 posts
  • LocationW. Texas
  • Handicap:6.3

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:06 PM

I'm not too sure about the OW wedge. Maybe. I have the Whip for warming up and stretching and like it.

I've done some chipping with my DST 8i. A DST wedge would be better I think. Try it.

My  :wilson_staff_small:  bag currently includes:    TWGT 771CSI 4i - PW and TWGT PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

TM SLDR 14° D, TWGT 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

Edel Willimette w/SuperStroke Slim

#8 cnosil

cnosil

JR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • LocationNewport News, VA
  • Handicap:6.2

Posted 18 February 2017 - 01:00 AM

I think I remember that segment. Liked it. Like Azinger a lot too. I'll search for it. Might find it on youtube perhaps.

I looked and think I found on yahoo as pay per view.  Season 20 episode 4 of Golf Channel Academy

Driver:  :taylormade-small: R1 10* w/RIP Phenom or  :srixon-small: Z355 10.5* w/Miyazaki Jinsoku
Fairway: touredge.jpgXCG7 Beta 15* w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrid:  :titelist-small: 816h1 19* set at 18* w/Diamana Blue

Hybrid:  :titelist-small: 915h 21* w/Diamana Blue

Irons:  :callaway-small:  X Hot Pro 5-AW w/Projct X Rifle 6.0

Wedge:  :titelist-small: SM 54-08,  :cleveland-small: 588 58-12
Putter: Xenon kUtlass, Odyssey 2-ball Fang

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates