#1 PlaidJacket

PlaidJacket

AGENT NAME: PLANO

• Members

• 2,335 posts
  • LocationW. Texas
  • Handicap:6.3

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:14 PM

On the forum page in the upper right there is a NEW CONTENT selection. It has a drop down list when the mouse is hovered on it. However, now it disappears when you try to select something.

The Forum looks slightly different as of yesterday? I think that might have something to do with it.

Update: Now it seems to be working on some pages and not on others. Intermittent perhaps?

My  :wilson_staff_small:  bag currently includes:    TWGT 771CSI 4i - PW and TWGT PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

TM SLDR 14° D, TWGT 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

Edel Willimette w/SuperStroke Slim

#2 GolfSpy Meyer

GolfSpy Meyer

AGENT NAME: HUNTINGTON

• MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)

• 3,794 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN
  • Handicap:2.9

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:17 PM

A little finicky, but it's working for me.  Try playing around where your mouse is over the words New Content when sliding it down.

Driver: :taylormade-small:  SLDR 430 10.5° set to 11° Diamana D+ 62 stiff
Hybrid: Adams Super LS 15°, 17°, 22°, 25° all Kuro Kage Black 80 HY stiff
Irons: :taylormade-small: Speedblades 6-9 KBS C-Taper S+
Wedges: Scor 45°, 50°, 54° & 58° C-Taper S+
Putter: Evnroll ER5

#3 JudgeSmails

JudgeSmails

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, IN
  • Handicap:10

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:23 PM

works fine for me too....could be the browser.  I use Chrome and it's working

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M1 10.5*

Hybrids:  :wilson_staff_small: D200 3h 19* 4h 22*

Irons:   :wilson_staff_small: C200 5-GW

Wedges:  :wilson_staff_small: PMP 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :cameron-small:  Fastback Select  (codename: LittleScotty)

Ball:  :wilson_staff_small:  DUO Urethane

Bag:  Sun Mountain C130

#4 GolfSpy_X

GolfSpy_X

GOLF INTEL

• Administrators
  • 3,991 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:35 PM

Working fine here.

#TruthDigest

#5 PlaidJacket

PlaidJacket

• Members

• 2,335 posts
  • LocationW. Texas

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:54 PM

Might even be my browser. IE 11. The guys here at my office do stuff to the computers at night sometimes and they might have installed something. I'll blame them for now. LOL

It's intermittent.

My  :wilson_staff_small:  bag currently includes:    TWGT 771CSI 4i - PW and TWGT PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

#6 Kenny B

Kenny B

AGENT NAME: FAIRHAVEN

• Members

• 5,942 posts
  • LocationKennewick, WA
  • Handicap:8.3

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:59 PM

I find that it disappears if you move the cursor slowly to the drop-down menu.  If you move it quickly, it works OK.  Of course, I am Mac-based.

#7 GolfSpy MBP

GolfSpy MBP

MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)

• MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)

• 4,797 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC
  • Handicap:me

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:32 PM

I just tested this in the following scenarios:

WIN7 IE10 - OK

WIN7 IE11 - OK

WIN10 IE11 - OK

WIN10 EDGE - OK

I think the issue is simply a usability thing.

- If the User rolls over NEW CONTENT and slides to the left before entering the drop down, the roller state area is not extended to the left of the NEW CONTENT button matching the width of the drop down.

- If the User rolls over NEW CONTENT and proceeds straight down into the drop down with the cursor the menu will remain open.

Attached File  ie new content.png   44.09KB   12 downloads

From a usability perspective perhaps we could extend the roll over area of the NEW CONTENT button to match the width of the drop down menu.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

#8 PlaidJacket

PlaidJacket

• Members

• 2,335 posts
  • LocationW. Texas

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:04 PM

I'm standing on this page right now moving my mouse pointer over the NEW CONTENT button*. Until yesterday it'd been working just fine. I would put the pointer on it... see the drop down selections and then move the pointer down to make a new selection. It has always worked fine.

This morning I was working on my office Windows PC IE 11 and had the issue. Now I'm at home running Win8 and Chrome browser and still have the issue. Nothing changed at home or office. The problem is somewhat intermittent it seems. I can mess around with the NEW CONTENT button and get it work properly... sometimes. Mostly not.

I have noticed the header of the Forum looks different. More white space than before. In fact is's all in Black and White.

Just before I posted this I tried again and it worked. Scrolled down and then scrolled right back to the top and it doesn't. Strange. Surely I can't be the only one experiencing this issue.

Hope my info helps trouble-shoot.

#9 GolfSpy MBP

GolfSpy MBP

MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)

• MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)

• 4,797 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:14 PM

I just tested the following scenarios:

WIN8 IE11 - OK

WIN8 CHROME - OK

WIN8 FF - OK

MAC CHROME - OK

MAC SAFARI - OK

Pease let us know if you find specific page (accessing from say the member reviews section for instance), browser width (are you full screen, half screen formatted to almost a tablet resolution) or any else you might find specific to your use.

I have every browser/desktop combination available to check on so please let me know.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

#10 Kenny B

Kenny B

AGENT NAME: FAIRHAVEN

• Members

• 5,942 posts
  • LocationKennewick, WA
  • Handicap:8.3

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:19 PM

It seems to me that the button is not close enough to the dropdown menu.  Moving the cursor down from the button to the menu causes the menu to disappear before the cursor get to the menu.  You have to be quick.

#11 GolfSpy MBP

GolfSpy MBP

MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)

• MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)

• 4,797 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:28 PM

I've been able to recreate this now on WIN8.1 in IE11 and Chrome. In these situations there seems to be a small channel in which you can cursor down into the drop down.

I will continue to investigate.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

#12 ole gray

ole gray

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members

• 1,317 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
  • Handicap:14

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:51 PM

Yea I just slide the button down gently and grab that link

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: Big Bertha Fusion 10.5  / 44.5 in shaft with 12 gr weight

:callaway-small: Razr X  2, 3, & 4 Hybrids

:callaway-small: Razr XF 5 - SW Irons

:cleveland-small: S Wedge

​Odyssey Works #1 Versa Putter

Tester: Bushnell Tour V4/Tour Rangefinder

#13 PlaidJacket

PlaidJacket

• Members

• 2,335 posts
  • LocationW. Texas

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:18 PM

I think I've found a solution.... moving my mouse pointer down really quickly. It keeps the menu in place.

Sorry to make a mountain out of a mole hill. Although... something has changed in the Forum site.

Carry on.

Thanks all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Our Sponsors