JBones

Pics from the course

that's the one..... really tough track, a lot of run offs. Managed to pull out a 76 that day, short game saved the day

Glimpsing a snapshot of your action on that ridiculous upslope it's obvious you can golf your ball from just about anywhere.

Like the pic Foz. Pitchers of beer, some money on the table and one guy hunched over the cards figuring all the bets. Wish I was there.

My thoughts exactly

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Like the pic Foz. Pitchers of beer, some money on the table and one guy hunched over the cards figuring all the bets. Wish I was there.

We played in 3 1/2 hours......

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

We were blessed with another beautiful day.....72° and sunny.

This was the only shot I got. It was my best shot of the day, into a 183yd par 3.

IMG_8095.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Played at Babe Zaharias

Today shooting a 37/46:83

Here is a pic of the post round briefing....

attachicon.gifIMG_0298.JPG

reminds me of the scene in caddyshack when the Judge walks in the clubhouse.........."do you have any, 8's?"  "don't you have homes"

• Like 2

Loved that course and the story. I think that's the site of my negative yard shot. The ball rolled down the cartpath of a par 3, if not for my buddy kicking it, I'd be either in a lake or still rolling today.

I think that course is really pretty and a tough challenge.

• Like 1

IMG_7736.JPG

Today. Best approach into a narrow bunkered green. 247 yards out into a slight wind. And hit a nice smooth 6 iron. Using a kirkland

• Like 1

IMG_7736.JPG

Today. Best approach into a narrow bunkered green. 247 yards out into a slight wind. And hit a nice smooth 6 iron. Using a kirkland

That's a typo and you meant 147 right?

• Like 2

That's a typo and you meant 147 right?

That's what I'm assuming, also. If not, that's World Long Drive Champion distance.

IMG_8099.PNG

• Like 3

A few pics I took while farting around this morning

This is showing the slope on a few of our greens :

IMG_2006.JPG

IMG_2007.JPG

Looking back to the fairway:

IMG_2010.JPG

Par 3 # 16 has the flattest green on the course however don't let it fool ya! It will beat ya like a red headed step child with a hog back and the bermuda greens.

IMG_2016.JPG

Approach shot on 18 is uphill to say the least

IMG_2017.JPG

And another green pic... They had a tournament today and they had pre rolled them suckers. They were faster than a country boy stealing a water melon from a pissed off farmer!

IMG_2008.JPG

It's a fun golf course and rated 4 stars on golf now. The only reason it's not 5 is the negative comments about slow play due to players loving the course. Everybody wants to play Lane Creek !

Hopefully some of you MGS'ers will come see us 🏌️

• Like 7

Oh and the par three 16 approach from the white tees was up by the senior tees today.

IMG_2014.JPG

Bunker guarding the green:

IMG_2015.JPG

• Like 6

That is awesome old grey.It looks like you are playing the upper tees as well.My game has been revitalized moving from the black to white - senior.The 50 or more tee differential is from hitting a hybrid 2nd vs a 7 iron or less.For me that is golf.Hitting a long approach all day after a good drive just isn't fun anymore.If it wasn't for upper tees I'm sure I would've given up playing golf and just hit range balls

I'm shooting mid to low 70 golf. But the back tees make it too demanding

• Like 3

That is awesome old grey.It looks like you are playing the upper tees as well.My game has been revitalized moving from the black to white - senior.The 50 or more tee differential is from hitting a hybrid 2nd vs a 7 iron or less.For me that is golf.Hitting a long approach all day after a good drive just isn't fun anymore.If it wasn't for upper tees I'm sure I would've given up playing golf and just hit range balls

I'm shooting mid to low 70 golf. But the back tees make it too demanding

Absolutely us old guys need a break and like you say it's more fun playing the proper tees... On our course the green tees are designated for seniors and the white tees are called member tees. I play the whites and sometimes a few holes (white markers) are combined with the senior tees during winter time. Today that particular par three in the pic had the white tee moved way up to the front.

• Like 1