JBones

Pics from the course

The key is to stay down on the ball during the swin. Put it back of the stance and make a putting stroke using a gap or pw and get it to run up to the green. Bump and run it.

MDGolfHacker

Thanks, looking forward to giving it a shot during some downtime this weekend.

I'm assuming from your question that you didn't.   :D   Not sure I could either.

Not even close, Kenny The picture doesn't do the lie justice. The ball was wedged in between the top of the sand and bottom of the clay that the grass was growing in. I thought (very incorrectly) that I could lift it out, but ended up in the very middle of the sand trap with a then playable lie.

Thanks, looking forward to giving it a shot during some downtime this weekend.

Not even close, Kenny The picture doesn't do the lie justice. The ball was wedged in between the top of the sand and bottom of the clay that the grass was growing in. I thought (very incorrectly) that I could lift it out, but ended up in the very middle of the sand trap with a then playable lie.

Which is what I thought I would be on the next shot!

• Like 1

I've been trying out the clubs near my new apartment and one has caught my eye, love the creek that runs throughout the course. It's a peter Jacobsen design

IMG_0044.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Perfect day here in Missouri, sunny and 75. Got in 18 holes at Raildwood Golf Club.

• Like 3

IMG_0982.JPG

Teeing off from number 10 at Spring Lake Country Club in SC this past weekend. Course is turning green, spring is here!

• Like 5

This one could have gone in several different threads. I went to practice, the course was empty so I played a quick nine.

It's so dry here that the run outs added a nice twist and I got the linoleum greens that our guys had heard about but didn't see when they were here a few weeks back.

I hit two career long drives on 8 and 9 at Bayou. I'm certainly not used to having six iron and 9 iron into those greens from the tees that I play but I did today.

I got to try a Kirkland, QStar pro and Pro VIx side by side. I certainly understand the Kirkland buzz, it wasn't better than the other two but being right there at $15? Wow! I finally got to hit some chips, pitches and mid irons with the QStar. Nice ball flight! It's very soft off the putter which is not my preferred feel so it would take some practice there but I could game it. For now I will stick with the ProVIx because I ordered the 4/3 special with my pro shop credit.

Great day, first time that I dared to play solo in a while because of my heart. The cardiologist dismissed me from his care yesterday! :)

• Like 5

attachicon.gifIMG_0056.JPG

This one could have gone in several different threads. I went to practice, the course was empty so I played a quick nine.

It's so dry here that the run outs added a nice twist and I got the linoleum greens that our guys had heard about but didn't see when they were here a few weeks back.

I hit two career long drives on 8 and 9 at Bayou. I'm certainly not used to having six iron and 9 iron into those greens from the tees that I play but I did today.

I got to try a Kirkland, QStar pro and Pro VIx side by side. I certainly understand the Kirkland buzz, it wasn't better than the other two but being right there at $15? Wow! I finally got to hit some chips, pitches and mid irons with the QStar. Nice ball flight! It's very soft off the putter which is not my preferred feel so it would take some practice there but I could game it. For now I will stick with the ProVIx because I ordered the 4/3 special with my pro shop credit.

Great day, first time that I dared to play solo in a while because of my heart. The cardiologist dismissed me from his care yesterday! :)

That's great!!  I hope he didn't say no cigars or scotch.

• Like 1

A few from my round at World Woods last week. I forget the number of the first pic. But it's a nice par 5 on the front with trouble all over the place.

Next is hole 12 that has two greens that they alternate between daily. The green on the right is a spectacular view and challenge from the fairway.

• Like 5

Great pics CG2.....wish I could have joined you as you were only 45 min from my house! WW is a terrific venue.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I wish you had told us you were coming. Even if you had 4 Foz and I could have cobbled together another foursome and come up to meet you!

I believe that's number 4. It's a great hole. Longer guys carry the waster area setting up a 200 yard uphill approach over another waste area. I actually eagled it once but can't teach it in two any more so I go left but then it's a challenging lay up.

They rarely use the left green on 12. I've played Pine Barrens any number of times and the only time they were using it was when they were doing some work on the right hand free. It's actually a bit longer approach to the left but as you wrote it's far easier. The pin right is a downhill lie to an elevated green with a huge waste bunker in front of it. I actually will hit three wood and leave a list ne'er shot because it's a more level lie.

• Like 1

Great pics CG2.....wish I could have joined you as you were only 45 min from my house! WW is a terrific venue.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I know, so close.  But I knew you were busy with your Saturday AM league.   And really by the time I got back from PNS, all I had was late Friday afternoon and Saturday AM there, I pretty much left for the airport two hours after the round at WW

I wish you had told us you were coming. Even if you had 4 Foz and I could have cobbled together another foursome and come up to meet you!

I believe that's number 4. It's a great hole. Longer guys carry the waster area setting up a 200 yard uphill approach over another waste area. I actually eagled it once but can't teach it in two any more so I go left but then it's a challenging lay up.

They rarely use the left green on 12. I've played Pine Barrens any number of times and the only time they were using it was when they were doing some work on the right hand free. It's actually a bit longer approach to the left but as you wrote it's far easier. The pin right is a downhill lie to an elevated green with a huge waste bunker in front of it. I actually will hit three wood and leave a list ne'er shot because it's a more level lie.

Hey Rev, I actually did post a thread bot coming down about a week or so ago, but it might have been during the time you were recovering from your surgery.  I hadn't seen you post about playing yet, so I thought you might still have been on the sideline.  And as i said, this trip ended up being mostly up in Pensacola to see my mom.   I got back to Spring Hill at my buddies house about 2:00 on Friday and left for the airport soon after the round at WW.   

I would have loved to stay longer and get some time in with everyone.  so I'l have to try and come back before the years out for a Tampa trip only. 

Yeah, 4 sounds about right, and it was 215 or so to carry the waste area from the greens that we were playing.  My buddy who's a teaching pro carried it easily, I played it out to the right and managed a bogey.   

And don't you know my luck, we did play the green on the left on 12.   Everyone in our group was disappointment when the starter said that, I saw what they meant when we got to it.   Phenomenal green location on the right.   

So sorry that I missed that thread. I hope you come down again sometime. Foz and I have played world Woods together before. As I recall it was with a bottle of Macallen 18.

• Like 2

I was reminiscing through some of my old photos, and had to put this one up.  Some of you might recognize the course, especially if you live in northern California.

IMG_4315LR(Bob).jpg