JBones

Pics from the course

So sorry that I missed that thread. I hope you come down again sometime. Foz and I have played world Woods together before. As I recall it was with a bottle of Macallen 18.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

No worries. I had a great time in the short 24 hours I was there. I thoroguky enjoyed both Southern Hills and Pine Barrens.

I told my buddy I have to plan my next trip for January when it's as cold as balls in Maryland.

Maybe extend my trip to the PGA Show next year.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

No worries. I had a great time in the short 24 hours I was there. I thoroguky enjoyed both Southern Hills and Pine Barrens.

I told my buddy I have to plan my next trip for January when it's as cold as balls in Maryland.

Maybe extend my trip to the PGA Show next year.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Be sure to PM me before you come and we will hook up to play - Lord willing.

Well... this happened today. This tree is about 250 yards down the left side of the fairway, marking the OB line. This was the first shot from the teebox. We looked for a good 3 minutes or so before someone jokingly said, "Let's check the trees."

IMG_8911.JPG

Been there. 9th hole of Glenn Dale Golf Course near the Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, MD. Pushed a drive and saw it heading towards the tree at the corner of a slight dog leg right.

Thought I had enough height to carry it and didn't see it drop when it got to the tree. Walked around looking for it and when I happened to look up, saw it stuck between two branches at the top of the tree. Camera phones were terrible back then so the photo I took didn't turn out so well. Lol...

MDGolfHacker

Couple days late posting but I snuck in an Easter sunrise round at City Park. Beautiful day and nice overlapping views of the city skyline with the front range of the Rockies behind.

IMG_1730.JPG

please excuse fat (iPhone) thumbs

• Like 3

IMG_8825.PNG

A lovely site.First hole par 5.Wide open and not another group in site until the back 9.

• Like 3

A few pics from Man O War in Myrtle Beach last week.

A few pics from Man O War in Myrtle Beach last week.

20170418_112247_HDR.jpg

20170418_111113.jpg

20170418_151841_HDR.jpg

20170418_100136.jpg

20170418_151841_HDR.jpg

• Like 3

Pics from Sea-Trail Rhys Jones course in NC.

20170417_141949.jpg

IMG_20170417_1310056941.jpg

• Like 3

You just don't get toothy reptiles in the UK.....which in my books is a good thing!

Had the opportunity to play Royal Porthcawl (Wales) a few weeks back, it'll be hosting the British Seniors Open later in the year and is a wonderful old school links course. Worth the trip for overseas visitors looking for a real test.image.jpeg

So have a putt on a putting green, with surf crashing close by, that was so fast that my first 3 putts missed the green. Then walk to this first tee shot.....

image.jpeg

No doubt the seniors will manage some great scores off the back pegs, off the yellows I was chuffed to bits with 79.

• Like 8

Got a good one with the GoPro in our tourney yesterday:

34075985551_f6b84ca40a_o.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Played Stonebrooke in Shakopee, MN. Nice course for the area - some pretty interesting holes. Have to think your way around it and can't just bomb and gouge.

IMG_2949.JPG

Tee shot on #1 downhill and the creek is right in between 3 wood and driver. Best place to be is in the right. I was left.

IMG_2950.JPG

Tee shot on #7 - maybe one of my favorite Par 3's anywhere. They had the tees in the safe location. In summer the tees are way off to the left and you have to carry over an inlet on Lake O'Dowd to the green. Much more fun from over there.

IMG_2952.JPG

Looking back at the 8th tee box from the 8th fairway and ladies tees. Your tee shot is 200+ yards of carry across Lake O'Dowd to a sharp uphill dogleg right. If it was grass it wouldn't be that hard of a shot - but since its water people get all crazy. The second shot to the green is a lot tougher than the tee shot, although I've dunked my share into the drink.

• Like 4

Here's a few pics of our wildlife at Pebble Creek....

I love Springtime when the "babies" show up.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Played like crap, but still had fun....Don Ross in Fort Wayne

Screenshot_2017-04-24-09-47-10.png

• Like 6

Had 20 minutes to try out the new 57° at the practice green. Let me say... these babies spin. 61° in the que. On another more serious note. I cannot putt to save my life!! Need to get fit. Can't make a 5'er... wedge game through driver ☑️ on the green with putter I'd be better off chipping!!

First group from 17 yards. The 2 closer ones are Wilsons.

Second group from 17 yards

3rd group from 30. Dropped one, actually spun back into cup. Other 2 were missed.

Couldn't make those putts! Need help!

- Alan

• Like 1

Thanks Pal!