Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What constitutes a 'great fitting'

Sorry Stroker,Must have hit a nerve, please tell me what is a clubfitter and what does he do?

Seriously? Are you lost? You realize that this is a GOLF forum, right?

Sent from my LG-D851 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Lots of good advice here already. I'm just throwing in my two cents. I've only had one fitting. It was after I had played for about two years with cheap have me down clubs. Once I decided I enjoyed the game enough to put in the time and money to play the best i can I got fit. My fitting was from golf tec. It wasn't bad, the fitter was nice and did a decent job. But i ended up with a bag full of ping G20 which for the record I love. But as I've become more informed I am starting to redo my bag little by little with a more brand agnostic philosophy.

One thing I'll recommend is one you've been fit for how you currently play, take done lessons and then use the help and recommendation of your teacher to guide future fittings and purchases

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Bryan Pool

Ping G20 Driver

Bombtech hybrids

Ping G20 green dot irons/wedges

Cleveland Huntington beach 6 putter 

Count me as one that is not willing to travel for a fitting. I have things to take care of with what spare time I have.... traveling for a club fitting is not one of them. The closest I have to me is Golf Tech. I've heard not such good things. So... Should I spend $250 with them or just play what I have? For now... I'll just play what I have.

If you buy your clubs from them your fitting cost is put towards your club costs. So you are basically getting a free fitting if you go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Bryan Pool

Ping G20 Driver

Bombtech hybrids

Ping G20 green dot irons/wedges

Cleveland Huntington beach 6 putter 

Can you give me a couple suggestions to the best fitters in Mpls?

Golfed for 40 years (since 7), never had a lesson and never had a club fitted.

10.5 - 11 Handicap

Can I expect a dramatic difference - can you teach an old dog new tricks or can they i make new tricks with better bones?

JW

Respectfully,

Jeff Wall

RE/MAX Results

Broker Associate, Realtor

RE/MAX Hall of Fame

[email protected]

2nd swing is a top 100 fitter, and their tour van section looks amazing. Haven't been fit there, but from talking with the guys there while shopping/fooling around, they seem to know their stuff pretty darn well.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

2nd swing is a top 100 fitter, and their tour van section looks amazing. Haven't been fit there, but from talking with the guys there while shopping/fooling around, they seem to know their stuff pretty darn well.

I'd second this -- 2nd Swing does an awesome job, especially a Tour Van session (here's a link to a report on a fitting I had there in Dec 2014 with Thomas Elsberry). I also recently had a fitting at the new Club Champion center in Edina - it's right across the parking lot from where the old GolfSmith store was. they don't have the GEARS setup like 2nd Swing's Tour Van Center, but the fitting is just as thorough, with all the necessary technology and a ton of shaft/club head combos to try. 

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Archived