TESTERS WANTED! ×

Taylormade R9 Irons for ONLY $112

GolfSpy_X

They will probably ship one club and then I will have to pay return shipping to get my refund, effectively losing money in this deal somehow...

I'm sure they're trying to figure out what to do. They probably have TGW on the horn and are apologizing profusely. I work in the retail advertising industry for a MAJOR home improvement retailer and crap like this happens all the time. Sometimes it benefits the consumer, sometimes it doesn't.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure they're trying to figure out what to do. They probably have TGW on the horn and are apologizing profusely. I work in the retail advertising industry for a MAJOR home improvement retailer and crap like this happens all the time. Sometimes it benefits the consumer, sometimes it doesn't.

So are you guessing this is Amazon's goof? If so it would be great if Amazon would just absorb the cost. I wonder how many orders came through at that price.

I can't believe they'll honour it, sorry to be a party pooper.

Happened to me a while back, on another forum. Tesco online had beer crazy cheap, everyone ordered crates and crates of it only for it all to be cancelled from the orders.

Good luck ;)

"The more I practice the luckier I get" - Gary Player

R1, Matrix Black Tie 7M3 S flex
RBZ, 14.5, Matrix Black Tie 7M3 S flex
R11 17 & 22 Rescues, Motore F3 S flex
Rocketbladez Tour irons, 5 - PW,
ATV 50,54,Tour preferred 58 wedges
Daddy Long Legs 33-35"
Tour Preferred X

Heres your answer. It's not even in small print.

DISCLAIMER

THIS SITE AND ALL MATERIALS CONTAINED ON IT ARE DISTRIBUTED AND TRANSMITTED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. REDCATS USA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT: (A) THE CONTENTS OF THIS SITE (INCLUDING PRICING AND OTHER PRODUCT INFORMATION) WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT ANY ERRORS IN SUCH CONTENTS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR MISTAKES IN PRICING OR OTHER PRODUCT DETAILS WILL BE HONORED; (;) THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR © THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED.

Just place an order for a couple sets...we will have to wait and see.

I just tried the link from your post (12:55 EDT) and it sent me here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ZAQUTI?ie=UTF8&tag=golfspy-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B002ZAQUTI

The page states:

Rh taylor made r9 tp 3-pw kbs stl s

by TaylorMade

No customer reviews yet. Be the first.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

List Price: $1,080.00

Price: $869.99

You Save: $210.01 (19%)

In Stock.

Ships from and sold by Carl's Golfland.

Only 2 left in stock--order soon.

2 new from $869.99

It has an R9 iron back of iron facing pic.

Check the attached pic I took off the page...

Ol' Stick

Heres your answer. It's not even in small print.

Was that excerpted from Amazon's listing or the TGW.com website? Amazon specifically limits their pricing error disclaimer to orders fulfilled by Amazon. One cannot be expected to venture to TGW.com to read their disclaimer that ONLY applies to TGW.com prior to purchasing on Amazon.

MGS,

I Googled "Rh taylor made r9 tp 3-pw" and found the link to the $112 reference to a set of R9's. I will pass on this, as it is obviously a mistaken posting.

Guys, let's take the high road on this one. A new set of R9's bought at that price is just not the way to play the game. Golf has taught me better than that.

Ol' Stick

I just tried the link from your post (12:55 EDT) and it sent me here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ZAQUTI?ie=UTF8&tag=golfspy-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B002ZAQUTI

The page states:

Rh taylor made r9 tp 3-pw kbs stl s

by TaylorMade

No customer reviews yet. Be the first.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

List Price: $1,080.00

Price: $869.99

You Save: $210.01 (19%)

In Stock.

Ships from and sold by Carl's Golfland.

Only 2 left in stock--order soon.

2 new from $869.99

It has an R9 iron back of iron facing pic.

Check the attached pic I took off the page...

It is obvious now it wasn't intended to be the deal of the century and it has been changed. See the pdf I uploaded earlier in the post. Earlier today TGW.com offered sets of R9 TP irons 3-PW with KBS S Shafts for $112 through Amazon. Many of us made purchases in good faith but now there is a question of whether the deal will be fulfilled due to speculation and that they have changed their price to $899. I believe they will cancel the order prior to charging anyone's card and offer nothing in return, likely after consulting with their attorneys regarding the matter.

My forecast...

"Oops" -TGW

MGS,

I Googled "Rh taylor made r9 tp 3-pw" and found the link to the $112 reference to a set of R9's. I will pass on this, as it is obviously a mistaken posting.

Guys, let's take the high road on this one. A new set of R9's bought at that price is just not the way to play the game. Golf has taught me better than that.

So you are saying I should I call them and ask them to cancel my order because it isn't equitable? Sometimes they give away free clubs (sweepstakes) just for giving them your email address. $112 is a lot more valuable than my email address...but I agree that this is probably not a fair deal. Will not be surprised if it is cancelled...but it is fun to think about a new set of R9 TPs for $112!

Was that excerpted from Amazon's listing or the TGW.com website? Amazon specifically limits their pricing error disclaimer to orders fulfilled by Amazon. One cannot be expected to venture to TGW.com to read their disclaimer that ONLY applies to TGW.com prior to purchasing on Amazon.

It doesn't matter, they've got themselves covered.

According to my Orders page, even if I wanted to cancel I can't right now. It's labeled as "Shipping Soon".

I just checked my order status and it says the same thing....This portion of your order is being prepared for shipment and cannot be canceled or changed.

Driver - Callaway Paradym 9*  w/Fuji Ventus Blue stiff 

Fairway - Callaway Epic Speed Heavenwood

Utility Wood - Callaway Apex UW 19*

Hybrids - 3 , 4, 5 Ping G425

Irons - 5 - PW Ping G425

Wedges -50, 54 Mizuno S23 , 58 Maltby Max Milled

Putter - L.A.B. Mezz 1 Max

Bag - Mizuno

Cart - Alphard powered Caddy Tek 3 wheeler

Silence is Golden, Duct tape is Silver.

my online banking statement shows a pending charge from Amazon.com for the 2 sets I ordered.

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

my online banking statement shows a pending charge from Amazon.com for the 2 sets I ordered.

Well, TGW ships same-day for orders placed before noon so we should know either way very soon whether this is a deal or not.

About 10 minutes after the wave of emails came out from MGS. I didn't hesitate. Probably sometime between 9:45 and 10am Central Time.

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

OK. I got my order confirm. at 10:44 EST.

This 'Shipping Soon' thing feels like the anticipation one would have as a contestant on Apprentice waiting to see if they are fired. If shipping confirmations go out and they show 10+ lbs and not 2 I would guess we are in the money.

MGS,

Thank you for making this point. Golf is supposed to be about integrity and honor. Not about "legally" screwing others. This is what is wrong with this country.

Thank you for making this point. Golf is supposed to be about integrity and honor. Not about "legally" screwing others. This is what is wrong with this country.

In other words guys, they missed out on getting their order placed before TGW figured out their mistake!

:P

I saw this around 1:00 in the afternoon yesterday, but didn't bother posting or ordering because I have seen it many times in the past... I've ordered TV's, computers, even an outdoor grill, and they all get cancelled... there is a clause somewhere in the TOS at Amazon that states that this occurs, and all errors are cancelled...

Actually, here is the excerpt from the Amazon site...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=468502

PRICING

Except where noted otherwise, the List Price displayed for products on our website represents the full retail price listed on the product itself, suggested by the manufacturer or supplier, or estimated in accordance with standard industry practice; or the estimated retail value for a comparably featured item offered elsewhere. The List Price is a comparative price estimate and may or may not represent the prevailing price in every area on any particular day. For certain items that are offered as a set, the List Price may represent "open-stock" prices, which means the aggregate of the manufacturer's estimated or suggested retail price for each of the items included in the set. Where an item is offered for sale by one of our merchants, the List Price may be provided by the merchant.

With respect to items sold by Amazon, we cannot confirm the price of an item until you order; however, we do NOT charge your credit card until after your order has entered the shipping process. Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items in our catalog may be mispriced. If an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.

Please note that this policy applies only to products sold and shipped by Amazon. Your purchases from third-party sellers are charged at the time you place your order, and third-party sellers may follow different policies in the event of a mispriced item.

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Archived