TESTERS WANTED! ×

Taylormade R9 Irons for ONLY $112

GolfSpy_X

Well no email yet saying they cancelled my order....

But if I look on my details for order it says.... Shipping Soon

Driver - Callaway Paradym 9*  w/Fuji Ventus Blue stiff 

Fairway - Callaway Epic Speed Heavenwood

Utility Wood - Callaway Apex UW 19*

Hybrids - 3 , 4, 5 Ping G425

Irons - 5 - PW Ping G425

Wedges -50, 54 Mizuno S23 , 58 Maltby Max Milled

Putter - L.A.B. Mezz 1 Max

Bag - Mizuno

Cart - Alphard powered Caddy Tek 3 wheeler

Silence is Golden, Duct tape is Silver.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless of what happens, this has been a fun post. It is 3:26 CST and there are still 180 users reading this topic. That's good for MGS and it has probably has sent some people to TGW, myself included. And I guarantee that if they do ship these things I'll more than make up for it with future purchases. Yes, my golf equipment and clothing retail loyalty is for sale. Thanks.

I really don't expect to get the set I ordered.

But sometimes even blind squirrels find nuts.

Driver - Callaway Paradym 9*  w/Fuji Ventus Blue stiff 

Fairway - Callaway Epic Speed Heavenwood

Utility Wood - Callaway Apex UW 19*

Hybrids - 3 , 4, 5 Ping G425

Irons - 5 - PW Ping G425

Wedges -50, 54 Mizuno S23 , 58 Maltby Max Milled

Putter - L.A.B. Mezz 1 Max

Bag - Mizuno

Cart - Alphard powered Caddy Tek 3 wheeler

Silence is Golden, Duct tape is Silver.

Just place an order for a couple sets...we will have to wait and see.

Let me know if it went through. I can't see this happening as it's obviously a mis-print. the clubs are being shippied by some small company. they would be out of business in one day if this price happened. heck even if they sold at cost it would still have to be 350-450.

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Let me know if it went through. I can't see this happening as it's obviously a mis-print. the clubs are being shippied by some small company. they would be out of business in one day if this price happened. heck even if they sold at cost it would still have to be 350-450.

The Golf Warehouse is the seller. TGW.COM TGW is not exactly a small company. It is one of the larger golf e-tailers and golf catalog shops. It is owned by the REDCATS Group, which is a PPR Company. PPR owns Gucci and Puma as well to name two of their companies. Puma, as you may know, just bought Cobra Golf from Acushnet. www.redcats.com www.ppr.com

I wonder how many sets got ordered? I would guess that Amazon and TGW are doing the math trying to figure out the costs of filling the orders vs. a potential lawsuit. If its 25 sets of clubs that are going to lose them $350 a set, (if TGW67's guess is close) then that's close to $9000. That's a chunk of change, but nothing compared to potential legal costs and they might just fill the orders. If 200 sets of clubs were ordered, then there's no way they're going to fill the order. Other factors could be TGW's relationship with Amazon, how much Amazon sells for them and how much they make off those sales, etc.

Its worth a roll of the dice, but no one should be surprised to have this cancelled.

Now, what I DO wonder is whether or not MGS hopes to ever do business with TGW.com! If I were a potential sponsor, this thread might give me pause! Just sayin. ..

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

I've seen this on slickdeals, fatwallet, a couple offtopic boards, and 3 different golf forums...

I'd have to say that a conservative 2000 sets were ordered.. if not double that amount...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

• SPY VIP

Well first of all Tyk...this was not confirmed as a mistake until they changed the price...so us sending close to 5,000 people to their site should have been warmly welcomed...not a reason for pause. Like we stated for all we knew this was a super sale that they were using to try and go viral...which worked :P

Now that we have learned that is was a mistake I am sure it will be handled the way they handle other pricing mistakes and that is by a cancellation. They have been in business for long enough to know how to handle situations like this...after all this is not their first camping trip in regards to e-commerce. And it is their responsibility to handle this not MGS's.

And honestly I am not in this business to tip toe on egg shells on the posts I make that were initially made in regards to hopefully helping out fellow MGS forum members save some money...just because I hope sometime down the road that some company might possibly advertise with us.

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

I have heard a number of over 6000+ sets were ordered. Not sure about that figure though.

I've seen this on slickdeals, fatwallet, a couple offtopic boards, and 3 different golf forums...

I'd have to say that a conservative 2000 sets were ordered.. if not double that amount...

#TruthDigest

I have heard a number of over 6000+ sets were ordered. Not sure about that figure though.

I wouldn't be surprised... It spread like wildfire...

I saw threads where people who were not even golfers, and some that have never heard of Taylormade, were ordering 5+ sets to resell on eBay...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

6000 sets of R9's! I would have loved to have been a fly on the while as that mistake was uncovered!

"Wow, we're selling more golf clubs today than we have all month!"

"wow, we're STILL selling them, I wonder why?"

"HOLY @#*%, we're so screwed. . ."

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

got cancellation notice :-( Reason: mistake

First of many :P

Hard luck guys. If it seems too good to be true, it usually is :D

"The more I practice the luckier I get" - Gary Player

R1, Matrix Black Tie 7M3 S flex
RBZ, 14.5, Matrix Black Tie 7M3 S flex
R11 17 & 22 Rescues, Motore F3 S flex
Rocketbladez Tour irons, 5 - PW,
ATV 50,54,Tour preferred 58 wedges
Daddy Long Legs 33-35"
Tour Preferred X

The Golf Warehouse is the seller. TGW.COM TGW is not exactly a small company. It is one of the larger golf e-tailers and golf catalog shops. It is owned by the REDCATS Group, which is a PPR Company. PPR owns Gucci and Puma as well to name two of their companies. Puma, as you may know, just bought Cobra Golf from Acushnet. www.redcats.com www.ppr.com

Well the link it sent me to was not TGW. It was some small retailer. Sorry for all those wonderful facts you pointed out. It sent me a link that said "Carl's Golfland" would be the shipper of sai9d irons. by no means the size of TGW or owned by TGW for the searching I did, but when ever I want some useless facts I'll be sure to ask. I just said they wouldn't go through as it would bankrup a Co. Right or wrong?

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Got my cancellation notice also. Oh well, fun while it lasted. Where else can grown men dream about saving a few bucks and have all this fun ?? Thanks Al Gore for inventing the internet.

Waaaaaaah!!

Greetings from Amazon.com,

We're writing to inform you that your order ###-#######-####### from The Golf Warehouse has been canceled.

Your credit card was not charged for this order.

If you're still interested in this item, please search for it again on Amazon.com.

We've included your order details below for reference.

We value you as a customer and hope you will continue shopping on Amazon.com.

==================================================

ORDER DETAILS

==================================================

1 of Rh taylor made r9 tp 3-pw kbs stl s

(http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002ZAQUTI)

• 10.5* TI Cally Rogue ST TD S GD AD DI-6(x)
  • 15* TI Cally Epic Speed GD AD BB-7(x)
  • 21* TI Titleist 915F GD AD DI-7(x)
  • 24* Adams DHy Proto Matrix Altus Tour(s)
  • 5-PW Cally Apex Pro 19 Dots TT Tour Elevate (s)
  • 53*-10 Mizuno S18 Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 125(s)
  • 58*-4 Mizuno S18 Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 125(s)
  • 35" Scotty Cameron Special Select Squareback 2
  • 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport (Murdered out finish by Continental Golf)
  • 34" Odyssey Milled Collection RSX 2 (tour issue) * 35" Odyssey O-Works V-Line Fang CH * 
  • 35" Odyssey Works 7 CH (Schauffele treatment by Continental Golf)

• SPY VIP

LOL...jackass :)

I just got an email saying my order for 2 sets shipped. I guess because I am an Amazon Prime member.

Just kidding. My order was canx as well.

#TruthDigest

I kicked my girlfriends dog this morning after getting my cancellation notice...not because I am an animal hater, just because I didn't see him as I was reading my cancellation email on my phone.

Karma...it's a fat sweaty chic you met while sporting your beer goggles.

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Well the link it sent me to was not TGW. It was some small retailer. Sorry for all those wonderful facts you pointed out. It sent me a link that said "Carl's Golfland" would be the shipper of sai9d irons. by no means the size of TGW or owned by TGW for the searching I did, but when ever I want some useless facts I'll be sure to ask. I just said they wouldn't go through as it would bankrup a Co. Right or wrong?

Right. Though it seems that when you want some useless facts you make them up yourself. Sorry if I offended your ego.

I got in on the original deal and ordered a set. Order was confirmed. Got an email this morning canceling the transaction. When I go back into my Amazon account to research it, the transaction number is gone. That's pretty dirty of them. Anyone know how you can talk to an actual person at Amazon?

I got the crappy 20% discount as well. Problem is, there is virtually nothing for sale of value from tgw on amazon. I just sent the following email to tgw through amazon. Everyone who got their order through should send an email to tgw to show their distaste. Maybe if enough people complain, they will up the ante.

"I ordered 3 sets of clubs (Order #104-4974225-9279445) from you that were canceled. There was a price listed and I ordered the clubs at the price listed. You then sent me an email stating that the price was incorrect and you would not be honoring the price. For my troubles I will receive a 20% discount on any in stock item from TGW on amazon.com. Problem is, there is virtually nothing in stock of value. There are 2 woods, both older models. 2 wedges, both older models. No golf art. Virtually nothing of any value is available for purchase on amazon.com from TGW. You stated a price and I was willing to pay it. False advertising is what happened. You made a mistake and did nothing to correct it. I am sure you don't care, but just wanted to let you know that I will never be using your services again. I found a deal and it was refused. It is YOUR fault, not mine. You should bear the brunt of your mistakes, not me."

I got the crappy 20% discount as well. Problem is, there is virtually nothing for sale of value from tgw on amazon. I just sent the following email to tgw through amazon. Everyone who got their order through should send an email to tgw to show their distaste. Maybe if enough people complain, they will up the ante.

"I ordered 3 sets of clubs (Order #104-4974225-9279445) from you that were canceled. There was a price listed and I ordered the clubs at the price listed. You then sent me an email stating that the price was incorrect and you would not be honoring the price. For my troubles I will receive a 20% discount on any in stock item from TGW on amazon.com. Problem is, there is virtually nothing in stock of value. There are 2 woods, both older models. 2 wedges, both older models. No golf art. Virtually nothing of any value is available for purchase on amazon.com from TGW. You stated a price and I was willing to pay it. False advertising is what happened. You made a mistake and did nothing to correct it. I am sure you don't care, but just wanted to let you know that I will never be using your services again. I found a deal and it was refused. It is YOUR fault, not mine. You should bear the brunt of your mistakes, not me."

what's the email address? I'll send one too! damn them! damn them all to hell!!!!

Archived