revkev

Heart procedure

Our Sponsors

My prayers are with you too on this but you are always on my prayer list you know when we do The Prayers of the People the part about other Ministers in Christ. Of course you will get it double tomorrow because I am working two services. 

• Like 2

attachicon.gif1488030366981

Its official. I will be having a procedue on the 9th to correct my irregular heart beat. I'm a little nervous but also excited.

SVT clearly impacted my enjoyment of golf this past season. I had to leave the course 3 times with a seriously elevated heart rate once that required a trip to the ER, I was at 208 when I got there.

Additionally I canceled several rounds on hot days for fear of an attack. When I play I over hydrate to the point that I'm always looking for the next tree.

But that's golf. Far worse I am afraid of an attack every time that I lift my daughter which is 3 or 4 times a day.

The procedure is low risk with about a 90 percent success rate.

I've lived with this my entire life, I'm ready

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Keep a positive mind and we here are all pulling for you and that it goes well.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Rev, I hope, but am sure all will go well!  Funny that I had that episode with you on the Stadium a couple of years ago on that really hot day, but fortunately nothing at all since, even on much hotter days.  Expect you to be out there swinging soon and maybe able to swing through your area for a game sometime towards the end of March!  

• Like 2

Prayers for a speedy recovery. Best to take care of it now before it can cause bigger problems later in life.

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

Prayers to you.  Looking forward to hearing about the positive change this makes for you.

• Like 2

Hey Rev, you know you are in my prayers. My wife has an irregular heart beat but they settled it down with a blocker and ranitidine. I am sure that your procedure will be successful and I can't wait to get you on the course at the end of March.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Good luck Rev. they have done hundreds of thousands of the procedures around the world so it should be a piece of cake.

You will be pounding it 280 plus off the tee after you heal up.

attachicon.gif1488030366981

Its official. I will be having a procedue on the 9th to correct my irregular heart beat. I'm a little nervous but also excited.

SVT clearly impacted my enjoyment of golf this past season. I had to leave the course 3 times with a seriously elevated heart rate once that required a trip to the ER, I was at 208 when I got there.

Additionally I canceled several rounds on hot days for fear of an attack. When I play I over hydrate to the point that I'm always looking for the next tree.

But that's golf. Far worse I am afraid of an attack every time that I lift my daughter which is 3 or 4 times a day.

The procedure is low risk with about a 90 percent success rate.

I've lived with this my entire life, I'm ready

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Good luck to you best wishes

Sent from my 6045O using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Good luck and be sure to let everyone know your ok after.

• Like 2

All the best Rev, make sure you follow your post procedure instructions to the letter! Most problems from these procedures are from people going too hard too early afterwards, and the issue is usually with bleeding at access point, not with the heart. Do you know which approach they are using to get into your ticker?

• Like 1

Thoughts and prayers for you Kev!

• Like 1

As the kids say these days- "you got this, Rev!"

• Like 1

Best of luck, Rev! You're one of the good guys (there are so few of us) :-)

• Like 1