Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

WITB Jiro

Been on this site for awhile but hadn't gotten around to posting my WITB. Here goes:

Ping G30 SF Tec driver: 10* loft, Ping TFC 419D regular flex shaft.

Srixon Z 355 Hybrid 19* loft, Miyazaki Jinsoku stiff shaft.

Miura Passing Point PP-9003 irons 4-GW: 2* upright, KBS Tour 90 stiff shaft, 1/2" long.

Ben Hogan TK-15 wedges: 54*, 58*, 62*: 2* upright, KBS Tour 90 stiff shaft, 1/2" long.

Nike Method Origin B1-01 putter: Nike RTS 35" long shaft, Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip.

Grips: Pure Pro

Balls: Wilson Staff Duo and Duo Spin

Bag: Ping Traverse for my cart bag, my carry bag is an Ogio from about 10 years ago-not sure on the model.

Also pictured is my back up putter:

Ping Anser Milled 2 Putter: red dot-3/4" flat, True Temper 35" long shaft, Superstroke Fatso 5.0 grip.

IMG_1840.JPG

IMG_1841.JPG

IMG_1849.JPG

IMG_1853.JPGIMG_1852.JPGIMG_1855.JPGIMG_1839.JPGIMG_1842.JPG

9 iron:

IMG_1850.JPG

54 wedge:

IMG_1851.JPG

A bit of commentary on selections:

The driver and hybrid are both new to the bag this year. My last driver was the Ping K15 and I really liked it so basically just upgraded to the adjustable version of it so I could tinker now that the G30s are on discount.

I ended up going with my irons, wedges and grips largely due to reading stuff on this site :). I really enjoyed that article from awhile back about getting fit for Miura clubs. When I was in the market for new irons I decided to give them a try and really liked them--this particular model had a combination that I was looking for--great feel and looks, good forgiveness but still with good feedback. I was basically looking for game improvement clubs that still had feedback and looked clean and classic. It was hard for me to find clubs that met all of the above criteria so after I hit these I had to convince myself (and my wife) that I would skip a regular iron-buying cycle and keep these twice as long as typical to justify the price and make it cost neutral. So I am sticking with these for the long haul and have to satisfy my inner club-ho by switching out other sticks in the bag. So far I don't regret it, they are really fun to hit.

I really like the BH wedges--they meet all the criteria noted above. I always wanted to get some Scor wedges but could never pull the trigger without trying them first. I was able to try these out at a golf shop and they went straight into the bag.

My brother works at Nike and that is how I ended up with this putter last year. I have a family pass at the employee store where they have some good discounts (my entire golf wardrobe is consequently Nike). For whatever reason, the putter was the only thing I ever bought club-wise before they stopped making clubs. My wife and two brothers all have bags filled the Nike clubs, they made some good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

And back up bag:

Ping Rapture V2 hybrid 17*, 20*, 23*. Regular stock shafts.

Ping G5 irons 5-GW, yellow dot, Ping True Temper Regular flex shafts 1/2" long

Ping iwedge wedges: 54*, 58*: yellow dot, Ping True Temper Regular Flex shafts 1/2" long.

Also have a demo Ping S57 7-iron to hit for fun on the range.

IMG_1856.JPG

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Sharp looking set-ups.

Follow the rainbow grips.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Nice set! Those Muira's are great looking irons!

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

Those Miura's are SWEEEEET!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Very nice set - I am using the Nike Origin putter as well and absolutely love it!

Me too. Been using it more than my ping lately. Seems to do better for me on lag putts.

Archived