TESTERS WANTED! ×

Waverley Country Club - Oregon

Rip City Reign

Waverley Country Club is right along the banks of the Willametter River - 38 acres in total. Breathtaking views and unbelievable greens. I believe it is roughly a 6k par 72 that is both challenging and fun.

Tiger Woods played this course back in 1993 (year I was born) for the Junior Amateur Championship. He became the first player in history to win three consecutive Junior Amatuer titles when he won at Waverley in 1993 - astounding.

I have the pleasure of playing this course every so often and let me tell you, it is truly something special. I have attached some photos below that I took a few months ago. Let me know what you think and feel free to chime in if anyone of you are familiar.

More photos of this course and a few others are on my Instagram: cragghianti

IMG_2781.JPGIMG_2508.JPGIMG_2681.JPGIMG_2506.JPG

Looks great!  It seems like many courses in the Willamette Valley look very similar.  Must be the rain!  I used to watch Jack, Arnie, Norman, Daly, Fuzzy, and many others play at Peter Jacobson's event at the Oregon Golf Club.  Lovely!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Looks great! It seems like many courses in the Willamette Valley look very similar. Must be the rain! I used to watch Jack, Arnie, Norman, Daly, Fuzzy, and many others play at Peter Jacobson's event at the Oregon Golf Club. Lovely!

I love OGC - I know the superintendent there and he does a great job with the course. Must have been awesome to watch them play then. Also, yes, the weather adds a special touch to almost all courses here haha

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Awesome. Never played it but have heard great things about it.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Beautiful!  I grew up in the Willamette Valley just outside of Eugene.  Didn't realize that it extended all the way north to Portland but after checking it out it sure does!  Living on the east coast for the last 20+ years I realize I didn't appreciate the beauty of Oregon as much as I should have.  It really is special!

Another great course I've played out there is Tokatee.  stunning views on the McKenzie River...

http://tokatee.com/ 

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

When the weather warms up and ground dries out a little bit, we need to arrange a game;  Rip City Reign, Jiro, MmmmmmBuddy, Kenny B, and anyone else in the Willamette Valley.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Beautiful! I grew up in the Willamette Valley just outside of Eugene. Didn't realize that it extended all the way north to Portland but after checking it out it sure does! Living on the east coast for the last 20+ years I realize I didn't appreciate the beauty of Oregon as much as I should have. It really is special!

Another great course I've played out there is Tokatee. stunning views on the McKenzie River...

http://tokatee.com/

It is really beautiful out here and whe the weather isn't too bad I try and get out as much as possible. Habe only bee able to go out twice in the last two weeks but both times were great.

I will have to check out Tokatee - thanks for the recommendation!

When the weather warms up and ground dries out a little bit, we need to arrange a game; Rip City Reign, Jiro, MmmmmmBuddy, Kenny B, and anyone else in the Willamette Valley.

I agree! Spring or summer should be a great time to do it depending on people's schedules.

Archived