Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Putter Recommendation

jerdelaney3

Hey everyone. I'm trying to fit myself for a putter but having a tough time finding what I need. I'm a righty who is left eye dominant and a slight arc to my stroke. I've come to the conclusion after some research and a few tests at home and the local pro shops that I need a 33" blade/anser, that is heel shafted w/ no offset. Does anyone have any recommendations on where I could find this style of putter. Most putters that I'm finding are primarily plumbers neck or flow necks w/ offset. Also, price is important. Looking for something affordable. Any input would be helpful.

Driver- Cobra Fly-Z+ (9.5*D), Matrix VLCT-X, (45")

3W- Cobra Bio Cell (13.5*), Project X-S, (43")

4H- Titleist 910h (19*), Diamana 80-R, (40")

Irons- Titleist 714 AP2 (4-GW) (1* Flat), Dynamic Gold SL-R300, (-0.5")

Wedges- Titleist Vokey SM5 (54*, 58*), KBS Tour 90-R, (-0.5")

Putter- Titleist Scotty Cameron Futura Mallet 2, (35")

Grips- Golf Pride MCC, Midsize

Balls- Titleist NXT Tour-S, ProV1X, (Anything I can find!)

Bag- RJ Sports Knight Cart Bag

Cart- 1994 Club Car DS

With a slight arc stroke it will be difficult to find a heel shafted no offset model, most of those you will find that they have a strong arc.the best thing you can do is go to a fitter, but with cost being a concern that may not be an option. Other than that go to a store with lots of putters and putt with all of them till you find one that fits your eye, and putt well with.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

This what you have in mind? Spalding TP Mills #1 - these can be found super cheap

IMG_8610.PNGIMG_8611.PNG

The Cameron Studio Design #2 only has 1/2 shaft of offset, and is a little more modern (although more expensive)

IMG_8613.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Price is going to be the true hurdle here.  Unless you find an older putter on ebay, you're going to have a hard time finding a heel-shafted blade with zero offset for less than a couple hundred. Cameron Newport 2 Dual Balance, some Seemore options have zero offset, Edel as well, or you might consider the bullseye style. One of the YES Tracey models may have been heel-shafted no offset, you could get those pretty cheap probably.

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

Definitely eBay if you know what you want. Used will save $$$. I forgot about the SeeMore!

Even if it's too long, it can easily be cut down and re-gripped.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Like others have said it is going to be hard to find. Most people want plumbers necks because that is what the are pros playing. I applaud you for trying to find the putter that works for you and starts the ball on your intended line.

You best option is to keep searching eBay or order a custom. Some have mentioned seemore but I don't think they have a heel shafted option. Good luck in your quest to find the perfect Putter

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Hey everyone. I'm trying to fit myself for a putter but having a tough time finding what I need. I'm a righty who is left eye dominant and a slight arc to my stroke. I've come to the conclusion after some research and a few tests at home and the local pro shops that I need a 33" blade/anser, that is heel shafted w/ no offset. Does anyone have any recommendations on where I could find this style of putter. Most putters that I'm finding are primarily plumbers neck or flow necks w/ offset. Also, price is important. Looking for something affordable. Any input would be helpful.

How did you come up with the heel-shafted, no offset that is a slight arc?  What did you use for your tests?  If you found something like that and it works, get that one.  

Like everyone has said, those types of putters are rare.  Heel-shafted are going to be a more strong-arc putter unless the shaft is aligned to compensate.  Suggestions you might check out:

Nike Method Mod 90

Wilson Staff Infinite Michigan Avenue

Ping Karsten TR Zing

They will be strong arc with a slight offset, but aren't that expensive.  The Nike should be cheap.  

Good luck hunting!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

You could also look at the Scotty California Hollywood which is essentially an updated version of the Studio Design mentioned above. I have one at home that I got used for well less than $100 in nice shape.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

I demo'd and love the Sentio putter with the medium feel.

Worth a look.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/index.php?/topic/17924-OFFICIAL-FORUM-MEMBER-REVIEW---Sentio-Sierra-101-Putters

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

The test I did at home were dropping a ball from my eye to the ground to see where I setup to the ball to check for the size of putter and ball position to my dominant eye. I also took upclose slo-mo videos of my stroke directly behind and directly in front to determine my stroke of a slight ark. The rest of the research was done reading a lot of articles/forums on here and other sites. Well I thought center/straight shafts are generally for SBST and that plumbers necks weren't necessarily good for a RH/LE golfer due to the full shaft offset. But I've always been fond of the look of the plumbers neck, but it feels slightly awkward when swinging one.

Driver- Cobra Fly-Z+ (9.5*D), Matrix VLCT-X, (45")

3W- Cobra Bio Cell (13.5*), Project X-S, (43")

4H- Titleist 910h (19*), Diamana 80-R, (40")

Irons- Titleist 714 AP2 (4-GW) (1* Flat), Dynamic Gold SL-R300, (-0.5")

Wedges- Titleist Vokey SM5 (54*, 58*), KBS Tour 90-R, (-0.5")

Putter- Titleist Scotty Cameron Futura Mallet 2, (35")

Grips- Golf Pride MCC, Midsize

Balls- Titleist NXT Tour-S, ProV1X, (Anything I can find!)

Bag- RJ Sports Knight Cart Bag

Cart- 1994 Club Car DS

The test I did at home were dropping a ball from my eye to the ground to see where I setup to the ball to check for the size of putter and ball position to my dominant eye. I also took upclose slo-mo videos of my stroke directly behind and directly in front to determine my stroke of a slight ark. The rest of the research was done reading a lot of articles/forums on here and other sites. Well I thought center/straight shafts are generally for SBST and that plumbers necks weren't necessarily good for a RH/LE golfer due to the full shaft offset. But I've always been fond of the look of the plumbers neck, but it feels slightly awkward when swinging one.

I am a bigger proponent of doing the next part.   You have done your setup based on a lot of what people say is the right thing to do.  When you hit the putt does it roll on your intended line?  If yes,  then you have the right putter for your stroke.  If no,  then you need to find a different putter.   

In my opinion, you should fit for how you see the line,  when you are setup,  do you see a straight line or does the line appear to go left or right of the hole.  Based on that setup,  find a putter that enables you to start the ball on your intended line. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Price is going to be the true hurdle here. Unless you find an older putter on ebay, you're going to have a hard time finding a heel-shafted blade with zero offset for less than a couple hundred. Cameron Newport 2 Dual Balance, some Seemore options have zero offset, Edel as well, or you might consider the bullseye style. One of the YES Tracey models may have been heel-shafted no offset, you could get those pretty cheap probably.

You get what you pay for. A year from now the sting from the price of a nice fitted putter will be gone. The only thing left will be the sound of the ball dropping in the cup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Archived