TESTERS WANTED! ×

Suggest me a new phone. Yep, I'm that lazy.

Undershooter

Just like the title says. My LG G3 finally bit the dust today and got stuck in a bootloop. So I have to get a new work phone for tomorrow. Give me some suggestions bc I really don't feel like doing any research other than what I already know.

Thanks in advance for suggestions!

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I have an iPhone 7 plus and really enjoy it. I've had Samsung phones in the past and have had bad luck with them. I think they are good, I just got the problem phones. I've heard really good things about the new Google Pixel. If it were me, I would go with an iPhone. I haven't had any issues with mine and they are easy to use.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :ping-small: G30 9*

Irons:  :callaway-small:  X-Forged 3-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX 2.0 52*

:ping-small:  Glide 58*

Putter:   :taylormade-small: Itsy-Bitsy Spider

I have an iPhone 7 plus and really enjoy it. I've had Samsung phones in the past and have had bad luck with them. I think they are good, I just got the problem phones. I've heard really good things about the new Google Pixel. If it were me, I would go with an iPhone. I haven't had any issues with mine and they are easy to use.

It's the only one who's voice recognition works for my special needs daughter. The IPhone 7 plus is a fave in our house.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Galaxy S7 ( I do this stuff for a living, our company cell phones are part of my responsibility )......unless you really want an Apple product, that's the way to go

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

Another vote for the Galaxy S7 here, just a really good phone and the camera is excellent.

I too have heard very good things about the Pixel.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

iPhone 7 plus or google pixel

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

I was giving options for both platforms lol. He should just get a black berry curve

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Since you are an Android guy like me I'd stick with it. I use an old Galaxy S5 but it's a good one. Don't know about the never phones.

Now... since you are an Android phone user I'd like to recommend a golf App for betting/scoring/gambling. I've been using it for 2 years. It's android only. Not a beautiful or fancy app but it's the best I've found for the intended purpose. It's called Strokes. Works great.

Look for it in the Play Store. There is a limited version for free or you can buy it for $3-$5 I think. It's worth it.

Let me know if you have questions.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I have a 6s for personal use and a 7 Plus for work.  I am generally hard on my work phone and the 7 plus has been great so far.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

I have an iPhone 4S; yep it's that old.  Oldest version that works with the newest iOS.  I thought about getting the 7, but as long as mine still works, I'm holding out for the 8.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Since you are an Android guy like me I'd stick with it. I use an old Galaxy S5 but it's a good one. Don't know about the never phones.

Now... since you are an Android phone user I'd like to recommend a golf App for betting/scoring/gambling. I've been using it for 2 years. It's android only. Not a beautiful or fancy app but it's the best I've found for the intended purpose. It's called Strokes. Works great.

Look for it in the Play Store. There is a limited version for free or you can buy it for $3-$5 I think. It's worth it.

Let me know if you have questions.

I'll check it out if I stick with Android!

So far the S7 seems to be the favorite of the Android phones. Better to go regular S7 or get the edge?

The google pixel does interest me as well. 

For those that have iphones. Why should I be swayed? I'm very comfortable with the android platform. I don't think I would have an issue switching as I have messed with many an apple product and use an Ipad at work on occasion. What are the real benefits if I do switch?

So far the S7 seems to be the favorite of the Android phones. Better to go regular S7 or get the edge?

The google pixel does interest me as well.

For those that have iphones. Why should I be swayed? I'm very comfortable with the android platform. I don't think I would have an issue switching as I have messed with many an apple product and use an Ipad at work on occasion. What are the real benefits if I do switch?

I think it depends on the type of user you are. If you need things to always work then Apple has a huge edge over android because of its reliable software. I've had a iPhone since it came to Verizon minus a year where I had a note 3 and I couldn't wait to get back to my iPhone. But I'm also more integrated into the Apple world so all my tech works together very well.

I like more apps come to iOS first as well.

So I used to be completely anti Iphone back in the day and had either Blackberry or Andriod. I also worked in the cell phone industry. Eventually I got the bug for Iphone as I had never used one and it was the only platform I want familiar with. I'll never use anything else at this point. Like Theoo said - the reliability is what you can't beat. People will argue that the android is more customizable which I will admit is true, HOWEVER, even after working in the industry for as long as I did I never used 80% of the customizable features and miss none of them.

Just my personal take.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

The Galaxy S7-Active is one you might like. It's kind of armored up a bit and more rugged. My S5 is an active model and I like it.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

• SPY VIP

If you're already embedded into the Android ecosystem and have no reason to leave, stay. Since Android 6.0 things are smooth and on par with iOS, Android 7.0 solidifies that gap leaps and bounds. With that said Apple has a fabulous ecosystem and well worth the look + proven track record.

I'm a QA analyst for a digital agency by day (websites etc) and have on hand most of the devices released within the last 2 years for testing purposes.

So here's my 2 cents.

If you want THE best camera:

Pixel

iPhone 7

http://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/circuitbreaker/2016/10/29/13466786/google-pixel-photo-better-than-iphone

Android:

Pixel

Samsung S7

Apple:

Iphone7

If I was buying the Samsung I'd get the Edge. It's an absolute beautiful head turner and the Edge curve actually displays notifications. If you want a value Android I'm using a year old LG G4 with a leather back and it still works.

With Apple pretty simple. Get the one that fits your hand and pocket.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Dang, I knew I couldn't go wrong asking around here. I don't think I would have an issue switching to IOS permanently but who knows. I don't like the uncertainty of that, but the idea of the reliability is appealing. 

The android interface is home to me though so sticking with it would be the more natural thing to do. My LG G3 was an excellent phone for the first 1.5 years then started having problems. When it was right, I loved it. When it wasn't, not so much. It does make me happy to hear that the reliability has improved. 

Do I love that you can do more with Android? Heck yea. Do I ever use all that it offers?  -_- prolly not even close. 

Makes for an interesting conundrum. Do I take the leap to IOS or stick with what I know? Maybe I'll go mess with the Iphone at the store for a bit and also check out the new S7 models at the same time. See which one jumps out at me. 

If you're already embedded into the Android ecosystem and have no reason to leave, stay. Since Android 6.0 things are smooth and on par with iOS, Android 7.0 solidifies that gap leaps and bounds. With that said Apple has a fabulous ecosystem and well worth the look + proven track record.

I'm a QA analyst for a digital agency by day (websites etc) and have on hand most of the devices released within the last 2 years for testing purposes.

So here's my 2 cents.

If you want THE best camera:

Pixel

iPhone 7

http://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/circuitbreaker/2016/10/29/13466786/google-pixel-photo-better-than-iphone

Android:

Pixel

Samsung S7

Apple:

Iphone7

If I was buying the Samsung I'd get the Edge. It's an absolute beautiful head turner and the Edge curve actually displays notifications. If you want a value Android I'm using a year old LG G4 with a leather back and it still works.

With Apple pretty simple. Get the one that fits your hand and pocket.

How do you like the G5? My carrier just informed me that it would cost me next to nothing. 

• SPY VIP

How do you like the G5? My carrier just informed me that it would cost me next to nothing.

That's a phone I have limited experience with, but my LG has been solid. What I would look into is if the G5 has Android 7 or will get an update, if not look to something that does/will.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

My LG G3 was an excellent phone for the first 1.5 years then started having problems. When it was right, I loved it. When it wasn't, not so much. It does make me happy to hear that the reliability has improved.

This was my biggest issue with android phone. They were awesome until the software update hit them it went to crap fast. I saw it a lot when I sold phones like severtheties. It just seemed like they could never get it right for the updates

Also to consider is the Pixel is a Google phone - meaning direct updates like Apple and shouldn't require carrier approved updates.

I just found out that my carrier doesn't have the Pixel. So that's out. 

I just found out that my carrier doesn't have the Pixel. So that's out.

iPhone it is!

iPhone it is!

I'll go play around with it in the store before writing it off. But its going to be hard for me to make the jump.

I'll go play around with it in the store before writing it off. But its going to be hard for me to make the jump.

IMG_6265.JPG

An advantage the S7 has over the i's is that you can expand the memory, can't do that with apple...if you want more memory, you have to pay for it when you get the phone by choosing the one with more memory.

If I want more memory, I go to walmart or somewhere and buy a larger SD card for $25 or $30.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Archived