TESTERS WANTED! ×

I'm Trent the putter

Hey everybody. I'm a 12 hcp., but my new passion is Putt Putt. I'm on a mission to become 2017 APA (amateur putting association) National Champion. I use a Rife Iconic Vault 001 and Callaway Supersoft. Looking forward to joining the group. Hope I don't get clowned for being Putt Putter. On second thought, clown me all ya want, most people wish they could putt like me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Welcome and please share your putting tips

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

welcome and good luck.....doubt anyone will clown you here, not like some of the other golf forums out there

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

Welcome!

Laughed a bit when you used clowned and putt-putt in same sentence. All I thought of was hitting it through the clown mouth :D

Wish I could say it was an intentional pun. Threw up a softball there. No clowns or windmills in a Putt Putt course. Thanks for the welcome Dave.

Welcome,

Sent from my SM-G930V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Hey everybody. I'm a 12 hcp., but my new passion is Putt Putt. I'm on a mission to become 2017 APA (amateur putting association) National Champion. I use a Rife Iconic Vault 001 and Callaway Supersoft. Looking forward to joining the group. Hope I don't get clowned for being Putt Putter. On second thought, clown me all ya want, most people wish they could putt like me.

Welcome to MGS!

Welcome and I'm sure you're right about us wishing we had your putting skills

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

LOVE mini-golf... kids/wife, and I have a "contest" each year on my birthday with a trophy that goes back-and-forth.  Can't get my kids interested in golf but they love playing mini golf.  There is definitely a strategy when it comes to it and I have a great deal of respect for people that take it seriously and are successful.

Just curious - how'd you end up with that putter?  Sounds nice...heard a lot of great things about the Rife putters and was seriously considering one.  Were you fitted for the putter?

Welcome aboard!

As you'll probably be able to tell most of us (me included) can use some putting help.... feel free to share any tips, tricks, suggestions, hints or cheat codes!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Welcome to the site!  While we might all be a bunch of clowns around here, we won't clown somebody just for Putt-Putt :)

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

LOVE mini-golf... kids/wife, and I have a "contest" each year on my birthday with a trophy that goes back-and-forth. Can't get my kids interested in golf but they love playing mini golf. There is definitely a strategy when it comes to it and I have a great deal of respect for people that take it seriously and are successful.

Just curious - how'd you end up with that putter? Sounds nice...heard a lot of great things about the Rife putters and was seriously considering one. Were you fitted for the putter?

Welcome aboard!

As you'll probably be able to tell most of us (me included) can use some putting help.... feel free to share any tips, tricks, suggestions, hints or cheat codes!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I love to talk about every aspect of putting. I hit as many putters I could get my hands on, then a bunch of on line research. Came down to Ping TR and my Rife. The final deciding factor was the rollboard test. It is a piece of velvet, when smoothed out shows when your ball really starts to roll instead of bounce and skid. I was fitted for my putter, but the only thing that was changed was the grip to a Winn midsize pistol grip. I'm at 71° lie and 2° loft. I have a totally different putter for Putt Putt then for golf, about half the loft.

Glad to hear your kids are excited about mini golf. Putting is putting wherever you do it. It all comes down to getting the ball to drop. When they do play golf, they'll already know how to do the most important part.

Welcome.

Do you take your putter to play putt putt or do you use what the course provides?

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Welcome from the Pacific Northwest! Glad you joined us. Where are you playing... and competing?

I'm from Ft. Wayne, Indiana. The Putt Putt national championship is on my home course, so I am hyper focused on dialing in my putting skills. I wanna win a National Championship.

Welcome to MGS!!

I remember as a teen back in the 70's, that Putt Putt was a staple of my Saturday viewing.  I watched it every week, and was amazed at how routinely they got hole in ones.  It seems if you didn't you pretty much lost that match.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Welcome.

Do you take your putter to play putt putt or do you use what the course provides?

I bring my Rife Iconic Vault 001 putter and a Callaway supersoft. The ball you use for Putt Putt makes a huge difference. Pro v's slide a little bit on the rails. Chrome softs kick a little bit more than some people like. I was surprised how different each ball acts.

Welcome to MGS!!

I remember as a teen back in the 70's, that Putt Putt was a staple of my Saturday viewing. I watched it every week, and was amazed at how routinely they got hole in ones. It seems if you didn't you pretty much lost that match.

You got that right. 18 holes, par 36, and if you're not averageing 26 or better your gonna be towards the bottom of the pack.

Welcome!

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Archived