TESTERS ANNOUNCED: Shot Scope Performance Tracking System

Caleb Rorich

South Africa

Gauteng

Benoni

Handicap 8

Current tracking system: don't have one

Chad, WV

1.3 handicap have a bushnell and my buddy has a trackman. Curious to see how accurate this is.

Name: Marcellus McKinney

Country/City, State: U.S., Honolulu, Hawaii

Handicap: 3

Golf Tracking System: None, looking at the market for best tech and at an affordable price at the moment.

Name Alan Connor

Location Cornwall England

Handicap 16

Have a Bushnell have used Sky Caddie in the past

Have been thinking of checking out Shot scope but been unable to find anyone using it but am keen to give it a try.

Play at least twice a week

Kyle, North Dakota

I currently use the Golf Sense swing analyzer.

Would love to check this out and give you feed back from the higher handicap group..ha.

4 Testers Wanted

Shot Scope Performance Tracking System

The golf performance and shot tracking arena is getting a tad crowded. And while every player brings something unique to the table, there's always something. With Game Golf you have to "tag" before every shot. With Arcoss you have to have your phone in your pocket.

The Scotland-based Shot Scope, however, says you won't be needing any of that, Laddie, just a band on your wrist.

Shot-Scope-8.jpg

Testers Wanted:

According to the company, the Shot Scope wrist band automatically knows what club you're swinging, and senses the difference between a real swing and a practice swing. There's no "tagging" (that's so 2014), and you can leave your phone in your bag or in the car. Shot Scope collects all the shot data you could ask for and organizes it in an easy to use app.

Is Shot Scope a shot tracking game changer, or another in a long line of technology wannabes? We need 4 of you to put this baby to the test and help us find out.

Shot-Scope-5.jpg

How To Apply:

MyGolfSpy is looking for 4 avid and tech-savvy golfers to test and review (and keep) the Shot Scope Golf Performance Tracking System. As  you know, we take our product testing very seriously here at MyGolfSpy, so please read and follow these instructions carefully:

First - if you haven't already, you must register for the MyGolfSpy Community Forum (click here to sign up).

Also give us:

Your name, home state/province/part of the world

Your handicap

Your current shot tracking system, if any

That's all there is to it!

attachicon.gifShot-Scope-2.png

Good luck!  We'll announce the testers late next week.  

Sean Hennessy Waterford, Ireland

12handicap

I currently use gamegolf live and I'd be very interested to see how this system compares.

looks big and heavy.. I'm staying with Arccos; phone in front pocket is definitely less of a distraction than this thing. 

Ken Schramm

Colorado

4 handicap

Owned a Zepp Golf training aid, have tested the Game Golf getting ready to try a few apps with the Apple Watch.

• Like 1

Jeff Giulian; State: Pennsylvania; Handicap: 18; Tracking System: GolfLogix (phone)/GolfShot (watch).

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Andrew

Wisconsin USA

14 Handicap

I currently use a golf GPS watch to track yardages on an informal basis

Thank you!

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    mattierocks

• By Alf. S
      About me.

57 year old very keen golfer that's played competitive golf for 17 years. During the summer playing at least 4 rounds a week with A CONGU handicap of 7.8. I have worked in the Electronics industry for 35 years designing and developing Integrated Circuits for Smart Phones, GPS devices, Digital TV, etc. I'm a bit of a technophile with my 1st experience of GPS rangefinders going back to the Skycaddie 2.5 in 2008. I now own  Skycaddie Touch, Garmin Approach G3, Bushnell Neo Ion so I have a pretty good idea of the capability on the market.

Having just bought a new set of Srixon Z565 irons and hitting them longer than my old AP1s,  I specifically bought the Shot Scope v2 to help me gain confidence with distance on each club and this review is based on 27 rounds over the last 6 weeks

Purchasing:

Ordering on-line was easy and efficient, but there always seems to be deals on where you get 10, 15% discount by entering a discount code. I ended up paying £205 with a 10% discount. Box arrived 2 days later. Packaging was robust.

Physical appearance of watch:

Comparing it to the Bushnell Neo it is larger and a bit more cumbersome, which I would assume is to accommodate the RFID electronics. The micor-USB connector is on the back which can be a little awkward to insert the cable. Aesthetically it does look a bit bulky.

Getting Started:

1st task is to connect to my PC and get the courses downloaded. The cable that came with the watch didn't seem to be a good fit in to the micro-USB port and kept disconnecting from the PC. I ended up using the one from my Skycaddie. The app downloaded and flagged that a software updated was required prior to course download which took about 15 minutes. The app interface was clear and intuitive.

Next was setting up the RFID tags in the clubs, this was straight forward except for my putter which has Superstroke Countercore grip so I couldn't screw in the tag directly.

Instructions read off for my 1st round.

1st niggle is that when not in GPS or tracking mode i.e. Standby you get no time readout just a big V2 in the middle of the screen. 

On Course Use:

I play a lot of golf in the evenings, get to the course at about 6pm and play until the light or the weather deteriorates. So I carry and use spikeless shoes so I can park and get on the 1st tee in under 5 minutes. In order for the watch to have found the satellites and initialised this means I have to enable as soon as I get out the car for it to be ready on the 1st tee.

I'm long sited and effectively require separate prescriptions for distance and reading. For golf I only wear distance glasses but found the display clear and easy to read. Time font was a bit small but manageable with my old eyesight and no worse that other  rangefinders.

GPS measurements, I had my trustee Skycaddie with me and the differences on most holes were insignificant to green centre but to front and back and hazards they could vary. One extreme is the hazard not being there or to the front being a couple of yards out. This also came up in putting stats when I was doing my post analysis. i.e it would think I was off the green for a putt when I was a yard on.

The recording pin position and number of putts is something you get use to and there isn't any other way to record this so click and on you go. 

Next niggle, lost ball,  the user manual does not cover the menu function or hazards so i muddle through. On checking back on the website the online version doesn't cover them either you need to go into some of the Q&A areas of the website.

Round finished time to Sync. I have an iPhone 6, Bluetooth connectivity was really easy, enable the watch, bring up the app, connect, sync. Comparing this to the Skycaddie which I've always found to be unreliable.

Data Analysis:

The App gives basic high level info but for the detailed analysis you need to log into the website, I use both PC and iPad for this. 

Logging in you get a detailed view of the round/rounds you have played with a satellite view of every shot recorded. The RFID tag detection can be a little unreliable so occasionally it will not id a club or shot for me this is 2 or 3 strokes a round. The user manual does state that taking a few practise swings may help this but I usually take one practice then hit. While the round is fresh in memory it is best to go and edit this. I usually go into the round at the 1st hole and just check the data by cycling through the round, then save. It asks you for what tee you played off before you save. I found editing a round on PC easy but on the iPad painful due to the precision (zoom) of the maps and the size of my finger.

As mentioned above I bought this so I can analyse how far and well I hit individual clubs, the data analysis does not have the flexibility to do this which is  abit of a pain. The performance/tee shots is as close as it gets which gives me a good breakdown mainly of my driver with distance and dispersion and fairways hit but it doesn't do it as a general club performance menu.  In the Tee Shots menu you can select individual shots and go to the round that generated it. This allows you identify outliers and correct

I would also like to be able to control which shots are disregarded in the P.Avg and Avg settings. I hit my PW 130 yds my stats at the moment say my longest and average are 133yds and my P.Avg is 67. 

The short games analysis I like and find useful but can be distorted by lack of accuracy in the course map.

It would also be useful if there was a way to add prevailing wind and ground conditions on post round data. At the moment down wind on bone dry fairways I'm hitting drives 320 yds come the winter it will be 180 yds on the same hole.

Miscellaneous

I had a few teething problems with the watch in my 1st few rounds where 2 rounds were not recorded at all. This seems to have resolved itself. After all the reviews online, I had high expectations for the product and was really frustrated by the loss of data and it not doing what I wanted it to do.

Support has been good without excelling.

Summary

(6 out 10)

A product that has potential but needs to polish the offering. Hardware can be unreliable and needs ruggedised. Software analysis can be the big differentiator but needs to be more feature rich.

It is only usable on the golf course i.e. can't use it as a watch like other GPS watches

Will I keep using it, yes and probably move on the Bushnell Neo Ion.
    • By GolfSpy Barbajo
      (4) TESTERS WANTED

Shot Scope V2 GPS Watch with
      Automated Performance Tracking

​
      There are two clear leaders in the golf data tracking game. For those who don't mind carrying your phone with you during a round, ARCCOS is the clear market leader. For those who'd rather just play golf, the Scottish company Shot Scope is tracker of choice.

And if you're a part of the second part, this review opportunity is for you!

TESTERS WANTED:

We're looking for four avid golfers to test, review and keep Shot Scope's new V2 GPS Watch with Automated Performance Tracking. Shot Scope's patented ClubSense technology automatically knows when you hit the ball and which club you used, and stores all that info for you. You don't have to tag or mess with your phone. You just play golf. 

And with Shot Scope's new online Performance Package,  you can view your stats and decide which part of your game you'll brag on and which you'll keep to yourself.

The good news is if you live and play golf anywhere on the planet Earth, you're eligible to apply!

How To Apply:

You forum vets know - and you new members need to know - how much work is involved in being a MyGolfSpy product tester. We'll expect you to dedicate a full two months to using Shot Scope on the course and learning how to use the data is provides, and you'll write a detailed, thorough and - most importantly - honest review for your fellow Forum members. 

To do that, you'll first have to be a member in good standing of the MyGolfSpy Community Forum (click here if you need to sign up). Next, in this thread - and ONLY IN THIS THREAD - you'll need to tell us the following:

First name
      Home State/Province/Country
      ​Do you use performance tracking?
      Do you use a GPS watch?
      Which ones?

​That's pretty much it. We'll be announcing the four testers next week in this thread, so make sure to check back. 

Good luck!
    • By SirShankalot
      I have just seen that Shot Scope a performance tracking company from Scotland have released an upgraded model. They have released a watch that incorporates live GPS distances along with performance tracking and there is no need for any tagging. I think it looks great and could potentially be a real player!

https://shotscope.com
    • By JBones
      OFFICIAL SHOT SCOPE REVIEW

Kanoito             - Stage 1 - Stage 2 - Stage 3

Evershady        - Stage 1 - Stage 2 - Stage 3

Orange Hog      - Stage 1 - Stage 2 - Stage 3

Downlowkey     - Stage 1 - Stage 2 - Stage 3

Visit Shot Scopes website HERE
      Visit Shot Scopes Facebook HERE
      Visit Shot Scopes Twitter HERE
      Visit Shot Scopes Instagram HERE 
  • Recent Topics