FIRST LOOK! – Titleist VG3 Irons

GolfSpy_X

i think tity is just trying to capture a new market, much like ping did with the anser irons.

they're trying to capture a segment they dont currently have.

In My Bag

Driver- PING G15 (10.5*)

Shaft- Miyazaki C. Kua 39

Fairway- PING G15 (15.5*)

Shaft- Matrix Studio 64

Fairway- PING G15 (18.5*)

Shaft- Oban Revenge 6

Hybrid- PING I15 (20*)

Shaft- UST Mamiya Attas 285

Irons- PING I15 (5-PW)

Shafts- AeroTech SteelFiber i80

Wedges- PING Tour-S (54*, 60*)

Shafts- True Temper DG Spinner

Putter- PING Scottsdale Pickemup

• 2 months later...

this is what titleist developers in japan think ppl like? thank god i live in the usa. AMERICA!

The Japanese market is VERY different than the US market. They're more into "flashy". Not saying that's right or wrong, but it is what it is.

That said, I wonder if Titleist would bring these here to the US. In a sort of "keep up or get left behind" sort of thing.

this is what titleist developers in japan think ppl like? thank god i live in the usa. AMERICA!

I actually think 90% of the Japanese releases are much better looking than their american counterparts. The Japanese market seems to have no issues on buying on buying and paying for a much more stylish look. Some are hideous of course, but most are very pretty looking.

The Mizuno MP-G series wedges, or the Cleveland CG-F1 Forgued are some of the beautiful pieces never to hit the American market. Or would you say you prefer the "beautiful" CG16s to hit the American market?

mpgginlarge.jpg

cgf1big.jpg

Or just compare the difference in irons. Take a look at the Japanese version of the R9s, the Burners or the MP52s. You have to be drunk to sustain the U.S. gets the "bets looking version" of any of them.

r9forgedlarge.jpg

DSC07496.jpg

mp52ginlarge.jpg

• 2 weeks later...