Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Argolf Avalon

Barry's Thoughts

I am getting some amazing results from my new Argolf Avalon putter.

The sweet spot is enormous. Balls roll true, over and over again, even when used by a guy with a 21 handicap index. Only problem the rest of you will have is that Argolf is so new to the US that there are very few places to try it.

IMG_0098.PNG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I have Irons are Mizuno JPX 900 forged  (4-GP) with Graphite Design Tour AD R55 shafts

My wedges are Mizuno with the OEM shaft

I have Callaway Epic Flash 3 and 5 woods with Quaranta 50 R shafts

I have a Callaway Rouge Max D 10.5 driver with a Graphite Design Tour AD IZ R2 shaft

I have an Argolf Avalon putter

You may have came up with a combo that feels looks and works for you that is the main thing. Handicap numbers have nothing to do with it. I have seen "higher caps" that can flat roll the rock and then I have seen those higher cappers that can not putt for crap and that is why they are high cappers. Golf is a funny game. But glad to see you have found a putter you seem to enjoy that works for you and that is the main thing just like I said.

One of my partners on my Calcutta teams was a extremely big guy (over 400 lbs) he could not hit a golf ball for crap but was skilled with the putter and using it as a "Texas Wedge". He never did anything but putt or roll it around the greens. The putter he had was a wreck. It was an old hickory shafted "Calamity Jane" style that had a crack taped with electrical tape and the grip was wrapped with gauze over the worn leather. Man could he putt though. He won a boat load of money with that thing.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

• 4 months later...

Anyone else trying one of these out? I mess around with one in our shop and I love the feel of it. I don't know if I can afford it, but it feels amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

They had some in the MGS most wanted putter testing. The putter had a great feel and it was one that I really wanted to like.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Replied before I was done.

Looks like a high quality product. Some of their designs a takeoffs on classic design and others are unique to them. I wouldn't hesitate to put one in the bag if it was the right putter.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

They look cool. Like you said though hard to buy something so personal like a putter without testing it 

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Looks pretty sweet

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts