TESTERS WANTED! ×

From The Bar! The new place for all things related to adult beverages.

GolfSpy Dave

Feeling a little down tonight. Reminiscing about the past............ my marriage/divorce and other things. Half a bottle of Old Grand Bonded.... so far. Not proud of it.... just sayin'.

Hang in there, bruthah.

(think happy thoughts .. think happy thoughts...)

(Think good golf shots?)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Feeling a little down tonight. Reminiscing about the past............ my marriage/divorce and other things. Half a bottle of Old Grand Bonded.... so far. Not proud of it.... just sayin'.

The tide rolls in and the tide rolls out. Just remember it always rolls back in . Good times are coming bruther

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

The more, the merrier, brother!

Always better drinking with company. When drinking alone, the company tends to be bad for you.  Look after yourself!

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Feeling a little down tonight. Reminiscing about the past............ my marriage/divorce and other things. Half a bottle of Old Grand  Bonded.... so far. Not proud of it.... just sayin'.

Chin up mate, I'm here, just like you were a few months ago.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Although a firm believer in moderation in all things, we do enjoy a few brown spicy liquors on occasion.  This is last year's hospitality room on the first night of the week.  A good time to be had by all!

Ross Lodge opening night.jpg

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

Here's to a new day and feeling better!

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Putter MLA Pro Classic

Feeling a little down tonight. Reminiscing about the past............ my marriage/divorce and other things. Half a bottle of Old Grand  Bonded.... so far. Not proud of it.... just sayin'.

Although a firm believer in moderation in all things, we do enjoy a few brown spicy liquors on occasion.  This is last year's hospitality room on the first night of the week.  A good time to be had by all!

Here's to a new day and feeling better!

What's in the bag?

Putter MLA Pro Classic

I'll have a scotchy for you, pal, keep your chin up- thanks for the tip, Rev! (Shieldaig) listen to OG- the tide goes both ways...

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

Thanks guys, it is appreciated. It was just one of those nights where emotions got the better of me. 

Thanks guys, it is appreciated. It was just one of those nights where emotions got the better of me. 

We all have nights like that...I can PM you my number if you need to to talk to someone.  No I'm not a counselor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once ;)  Seriously, We're all here for you...

MDGolfHacker  

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Homemade Kahlua and coke last night...just what I needed. 

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• 9 months later...

Hey guys, I've got a golf trip coming up to HH Island. Anyway, I am looking to get a pretty decent bourbon to take on the trip. Something in the $60-80 range, I know there's a ton of them. I know some. Basil-Hayden, Tin Cup, Four Roses. Are there any others that you guys enjoy. Looking for something good to sip on. I don't drink a lot, and with so many different varieties of Bourbon I wanted to get some “professional help” with choosing.

Thanks

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Booker's is a nice Bourbon at that price range. It's high proof (127). 

Blanton's is a nice Bourbon in the same price range.

Knob Creek Special Reserve is bottled at 120 proof.

Wild Turkey Rare Breed. 112.8 proof.

There are more, but these are easy to find almost anywhere.

Booker's is a nice Bourbon at that price range. It's high proof (127).

Blanton's is a nice Bourbon in the same price range.

Knob Creek Special Reserve is bottled at 120 proof.

Wild Turkey Rare Breed. 112.8 proof.

There are more, but these are easy to find almost anywhere.

I went to the Frugal McDoogal here in the area, there are 4 rows of nothing but bourbon, it's so hard to choose

I went to the Frugal McDoogal here in the area, there are 4 rows of nothing but bourbon, it's so hard to choose

Can't go wrong with any suggestion S&B listed, though I'd lean toward the Wild Turkey Rare Breed myself. You absolutely cannot go wrong with Makers Mark although it's not real "exotic" or "sexy" since it is quite common, but it is super smooth and perfect for sipping neat. That's usually my go-to when I'm out and they don't have Wild Turkey.

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Maker's is decent Bourbon, but it's a wheat Bourbon. I prefer the 46 over the standard Maker's.

Wheat Bourbons are sweeter than their Rye counterparts. I tend to like Rye Bourbons better, as I like the spicier kick. YMMV.

Another very good Bourbon in the higher price range is Elija Craig Barrel Proof. The standard EC is also a very good sipping Bourbon.... and has a wonderful nose!

Don't let price dictate what you buy or enjoy, there are plenty of lower priced Bourbons that are excellent sippers.

Sipping on whiskey is good when you are sittin and talkin, and just chillin. What types of mixed drinks do y'all prefer. mixing good bourbon with something kind of takes away from what's it is, and is pretty much a waste of good liquor. So what do y'all do for mixed drinks. My favorite mixed is a White Russian, many of them. Got hooked on them many years ago, So I don't drink them that often because it's hard to stop. Just curious as to yall's favorites for sitting around the campfire and having a drink.

Hey guys, I've got a golf trip coming up to HH Island. Anyway, I am looking to get a pretty decent bourbon to take on the trip. Something in the $60-80 range, I know there's a ton of them. I know some. Basil-Hayden, Tin Cup, Four Roses. Are there any others that you guys enjoy. Looking for something good to sip on. I don't drink a lot, and with so many different varieties of Bourbon I wanted to get some “professional help” with choosing.

Thanks

Col. E H Taylor Single Barrel. It's good, not ridiculous $$, and a bit on the unique side. If you can find W L Weller 12, or Weller Antique those are also good under $100. If not Blantons all day, but even that is getting hard to find.

Outside of bourbon, anything that whistle pig sells is good.

Maker's is decent Bourbon, but it's a wheat Bourbon. I prefer the 46 over the standard Maker's.

Wheat Bourbons are sweeter than their Rye counterparts. I tend to like Rye Bourbons better, as I like the spicier kick. YMMV.

Another very good Bourbon in the higher price range is Elija Craig Barrel Proof. The standard EC is also a very good sipping Bourbon.... and has a wonderful nose!

Don't let price dictate what you buy or enjoy, there are plenty of lower priced Bourbons that are excellent sippers.

Great call on the Elija Craig!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

These are all good suggestions. I will check the local stores and see if these are available. It's so overwhelming going int the store, you can get lost in the choosing, there are that many choices.

Col. E H Taylor Single Barrel. It's good, not ridiculous $$, and a bit on the unique side. If you can find W L Weller 12, or Weller Antique those are also good under $100. If not Blantons all day, but even that is getting hard to find.

Outside of bourbon, anything that whistle pig sells is good.

Acting like whistle pig was an afterthought... I see you djahubes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

These are all good suggestions. I will check the local stores and see if these are available. It's so overwhelming going int the store, you can get lost in the choosing, there are that many choices.

I'm a rye man myself. I just find the taste to be a little better. The wife is a bourbon drinker though and I'll have it if we run out of rye. I haven't seen Bulleit mentioned here which I think is pretty solid and a good price usually.

Elijah Craig is the clear winner though if your willing to drop the cash. Just bought some two days ago actually.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

• 1 month later...

anyone love single malt?

This is my favourite. on the rocks with a teaspoon of water

414-77024222-127330_M.jpg

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

4 hours ago, Har in the Hat said:

anyone love single malt?

This is my favourite. on the rocks with a teaspoon of water

414-77024222-127330_M.jpg

Now we're talking.

This is my favourite just now Benromach a peaty Speyside which is unusual. Still has the peaty taste without the Laphroaig antiseptic aroma.

Usual straight for me. But if it is strong sherry tasting will take it with a bit of ice.

Have the best part of 40 malts in the drinks cabinet. Tend to buy a bottle drink 1/2 of it and then keep the remaining for visitors to sample. Except obviously the favorites which need replenish on a regular basis.

Have had many a night taking a malts tour of Scotland from the cabinet. When it gets to about 2am the 8 year cask strength Highland Park comes out. This is a bit like firewater and usually the guests can finish it and the night ends.   

brmob.10yov3.jpg

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

I'm a big Cragganmore 12 yr old fan,  from the website and sums it up nicely. "The nose is sweet and floral, reminiscent of the herbs and flowers of the hillsides, with honey and vanilla. The palate is robust and malty, with notes of smoky sandalwood, aromatic and intriguing. The finish is long and malty, with sweet notes of other cereals and smokiness to seal the deal."

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

• 4 months later...

Mostly now brew and consume my own beers.  Currently enjoying a very strong Dopplebock (Liquid bread style, suitable for Monks during Lent, but not for driving afterwards with an ABV of 18%).

My favorite strong drinks are single malt scotches, preferring those with significant smokiness, and Asbach-Uralt brandy (would that their Privat were available in the US.)

tuesday_beer_morning.jpg

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• 5 months later...

I always have beer, wine, and bourbon around the house. I am all over this

:callaway-small: Mavrik Max, 9* 
:taylormade-small:Stealth 15* / 18*
:callaway-small: Rogue 4H, 21*
:callaway-small: Steelhead XR 5-AW 
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore 52* / 56*
:odyssey-small: White Hot Versa Seven S , 35"
Many other putters in the bullpen waiting for call