Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

From The Bar! The new place for all things related to adult beverages.

GolfSpy Dave

IMG_1351.JPGIMG_1352.JPG

My college roommate gifted me with a membership to the Malt Whisky Society for my birthday.

Tried my first sampler on the course yesterday - it had a great finish.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 10/7/2019 at 12:19 PM, revkev said:

My college roommate gifted me with a membership to the Malt Whisky Society for my birthday.

Tried my first sampler on the course yesterday - it had a great finish.

What a great gift So they send a selection of Malts out how regular?

They have 2 bars/clubs in Edinburgh (Leith). The company I use to work for have a corporate membership their and I use to host customers their. Expense stretched to a bottle of Malt for the customer.

For those who don't know. The company buys casks from the distilleries and bottle the malts themselves. They can't call the whisky by its brand name because the Whisky Society bottled it and the alcohol level will not be the same as the brand. In revkev's picture you can see the cask number and a creative name for the malt, I suspect he also has got a description of each i.e something like "Speyside malt, matured in bourbon casks with a strong peaty taste".This usually gives a good indication of the distiller. Most of the malts tend to be higher strength as much as 110 proof 55%/vol.

One of my friends also has membership, during the Xmas holidays a group of us would go there, catch a train then taxi to the club to get their before midday. You get the malt of the day to start, then each of the group gets a round with a malt of their choice. Once you have all bought a round we head home with the barman's choice while you're waiting for the taxi back to get the train. The problems arises due to group size (usually 10 to 12 of us) and the strength and measure sizes. For the 1st couple we go through the nose and taste test trying to guess the malt but after about 3 this becomes a bit pointless as the senses get numb. After about 6 or 7 it starts to become a war of attrition and at the end the task is trying to get the group home in one piece as we struggle back for the train at about 6pm. 

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

• 1 month later...

Attended a whiskey fest here in my hometown this past weekend.

Was able to taste quite a few good drams, my favorites were the Macallan Rare Cask and Dalmore King Alexander

:taylormade-small: M5 9.0* 
:titelist-small: 915d 18* & 21*
:titelist-small: 716 AP2 4&5
:titelist-small: ZB 6-P
:titelist-small: SM7 52-F, 56-S & SM6 60-K
:cameron-small: Futura X5

• 4 months later...

I’m a sailor through and through I’ll see a rum and coke on the course every time. Morning rounds a splash of rum and coffee (Bloody Mary depending on the group). 
I remember my grandfather had a fake driver (back when they were truly wooden) and he had another one that held about 5 or 6 beers. Don’t know what happened to it but would love to get my hands on one!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any Irish Whisky guys in here?  I like bourbon, like ryes, don't care for most scotches, but have recently fallen in love with Irish Whisky.  Some of my favorite everyday drinkers are Jameson Black Barrel, Tullamore Cider Cask and Writer's Tears.  Redbreast 12 is great and my favorite is Green Spot.

Driver: Taylormade '16 M2, Aldila NV 2KXV X

3W:  Taylormade '16 M2, Speeder 661 X

3:  Callaway X-forged UT 21*

4-P:  Callaway X-Forged, Modus 3 120 - S

Wedges:  50* - Callaway Apex Pro 19, 54* - Taylormade Milled Grind 2 black, 58* - Taylormade Milled Grind 2 black

Putter:  currently Odyssey Works V-Line Versa CB - 36"

Ball - Bridgestone Tour B X

24 minutes ago, KatoGolfer said:

Are there any Irish Whisky guys in here?  I like bourbon, like ryes, don't care for most scotches, but have recently fallen in love with Irish Whisky.  Some of my favorite everyday drinkers are Jameson Black Barrel, Tullamore Cider Cask and Writer's Tears.  Redbreast 12 is great and my favorite is Green Spot.

I love Irish Whisky..... well.... I just love whisk(e)y. Have you tried Powers John's Lane? You can thank me later. 😉

24 minutes ago, silver & black said:

I love Irish Whisky..... well.... I just love whisk(e)y. Have you tried Powers John's Lane? You can thank me later. 😉

I have not but I'm sure I'll will have to take a trip to the booze shop shortly the way this is going.  I'll see if I can find it.

Wedges:  50* - Callaway Apex Pro 19, 54* - Taylormade Milled Grind 2 black, 58* - Taylormade Milled Grind 2 black

5 hours ago, KatoGolfer said:

Red breast is always in stock in my cabinet oh my do I love that stuff.

On 4/9/2020 at 4:30 PM, silver & black said:

Another favorite of mine is Connemara. It's a peated Irish. More subtle and sweet than Isla Scotch.

Bought a bottle this weekend.  It is different than every other Irish I've tasted.  Fairly smoky and the finish hangs in there a looooooong time.  It was wearing on me by the end of my second pour.  Not sure it's an everyday drinker but it's a nice changeup.

4 minutes ago, KatoGolfer said:

Bought a bottle this weekend.  It is different than every other Irish I've tasted.  Fairly smoky and the finish hangs in there a looooooong time.  It was wearing on me by the end of my second pour.  Not sure it's an everyday drinker but it's a nice changeup.

It's definitely different. Like you said... a nice change from the norm.

On 3/7/2017 at 11:34 AM, MattF said:

Well, I now all grain brew, having started using extracts about 10 years ago. Just recently I bought a grain mill, so now I can buy my base grains in bulk and crush them as needed.

The house beer is a James Squire Golden Ale clone call Dr Smurto's Golden Ale. It is apparently one of the most commonly home brewed beer back home. I brew a Vanilla Porter, which is very tasty. I also brew a Summer Ale for the wife...she likes putting the lime or whatever in it.

The wine, I do from kits, using 16 litres of juice...those take a lot of time with a minimum of 5 months or so before they're ready to drink. I usually do a Riesling for the white and a Pinot Noir for the red.

This is the beer fridge.

FB_IMG_1482022968791_zpsog8swdzf.jpg

Samuel Smith Taddy Porter is my all time fave.  I used to the the Chocolate Porter from Sammy Smith at Costco too...  That Vanilla sounds scrumptious...

Driver:  Taylormade '16 9.5* M1 Fujikura XLR8 61 S RH

3 Wood: Cobra F7 14.5 Degree Aldila DVS Fairway 75X

5 Wood: Taylormade R15 17 degree Fujikura Speeder 67 S

Hybrid: Ping G400 3 Hyb 19 degree S

Irons: Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW Aerotek Steelfiber i110 cw S RH standard lie and 1* strong

Wedges: 50 Callaway MD 4, 54 Vokey SM5, 58 Callaway Forged

Putters: Oddysey White Hot #7 Fang, Scotty Cameron Futura Phantom Mallet, Callaway S2H2

On 4/9/2020 at 2:48 PM, KatoGolfer said:

I too love me some Irish Whiskey.  Been on an old fashioned kick lately as well.  Some of the Japanese Whiskey is really good as well...

Irons: Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW Aerotek Steelfiber i110 cw S RH standard lie and 1* strong

Putters: Oddysey White Hot #7 Fang, Scotty Cameron Futura Phantom Mallet, Callaway S2H2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2020 at 1:48 PM, KatoGolfer said:

I've had the Jameson and the Writer's Tears, but not the Cider Cask. Can you compare it to any other Tullamore?

I prefer the Redbreast 12 cask strength to the regular 12, but I also really enjoy the 21. Very smooth whiskey. Green Spot is another good one; better than Yellow Spot for me.

How about any Indian whisky? I've got a fantastic Amrut right now - a 9 year old, single cask bottled at 60%. Wonderful stuff.

TaylorMade M5 driver, M2 3 wood

Mizuno JPX921 blend - Hot Metal Pro 4-6, Forged 7-PW

Cleveland CBX ZipCore Wedges - 48, 52, 58

Scotty Cameron Squareback putter

My favorite 19th hole beverage is a mule. Usually Kentucky (bourbon), but I do not discriminate - Moscow (vodka), Mexican (tequila), London (gin), Cuban (rum). Paired with ginger beer and some fresh lime juice - - these go down easy and fast!

:ping-small: G410, 9°, Tensei Orange 70-S
:adams-small: Tight Lies, 16°, Bassara 55-S
:adams-small: Idea Tech Boxer a40S 4 hybrid, Tour AD 65-R
:callaway-small:  X-20 Tour 4I-PW, Project X 5.5
:mizuno-small: MP-T4 50°, True Temper
:cleveland-small: 588 56°, stock
:nike-small: SV 60°, stock
:scotty-small: Newport 2 Notchback, Flat Cat grip
vice.png.4b217c198888a58207ae8084550b589d.pngPro balls

On 5/1/2020 at 12:38 PM, YYCRed said:

I've had the Jameson and the Writer's Tears, but not the Cider Cask. Can you compare it to any other Tullamore?

I prefer the Redbreast 12 cask strength to the regular 12, but I also really enjoy the 21. Very smooth whiskey. Green Spot is another good one; better than Yellow Spot for me.

How about any Indian whisky? I've got a fantastic Amrut right now - a 9 year old, single cask bottled at 60%. Wonderful stuff.

I have yet to try the 21, it's hard enough where I live to get the 12 🙂  The Tullamore cider cask has a touch more sweetness than the cheaper one, I like it better.  I'll try to keep my eyes peeled for the Amrut, that's intriguing.

Love me some Irish Whisky if it's Red Breast or Green/Yellow Spot if I've made it home, but if I need a pick me up on the course and they have it, a Tito's & Soda with couple limes is the perfect quencher. There's a fairly new distillery called Ventura Spirits here in Ventura which I highly recommend. Their Gin has a different taste and is quite good, especially with a better than average tonic. Haven't tried the Vodka, brandy or liquors but they're trying to use all locally grown produce, so it's interesting to say the least. I think BevMo carries at least the vodka so I highly recommend you give it a shot.

• 2 weeks later...

How about an Arnold Parmer with apple pie moonshine!

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

During round drinks: A good transfusion on the course can not be beat. Properly prepared (if you disagree with this recipe, I'm sorry for your tastebuds), it is double titos, 2 lime slices, splash of grape juice, rest ginger ale served on ice. Often times the halfway house will give too much grape juice and it makes the transfusion to sweet. If you're looking to sneak a couple in your bag on the course, the spiked arnold palmer is a great canned drink that's not beer. For a beer on the course, I tend to go for a light beer. 

After round drinks: Winter post-round drinks, I usually go with a rye old fashioned. Some of my favorite rye whiskey's are rittenhouse, templeton, or angel's envy. For a summer post round drink, a good margarita on the rocks is a refreshing drink on a hot day. Always ask if the margarita is made with a mix, if the answer is yes order something else. 

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 10.5, Motore X F1 60 X-Stiff

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 14, Motore X F1 60 Stiff

:taylormade-small: M6, 4H 22.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro, 4-PW, Nippon Modus 105

:taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60, SB - Black

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG #7

Vice Golf Pro Plus

:Arccos: Smart Sensors

Currently sippin' an old fashioned made with Casamigos Anejo and agave syrup for the sugar, not bad...

Wow I’ve seen a lot of good posts that resonate with me... I don’t drink that much, but I do like to drink. Whiskeys(Japanese too), Scotch, and tequila are good. If I have a drink before I tee off it’s going to be one of 3 drinks, early tee times like 6-7 would be a good Bloody Mary, any tee time could involve being “iced” having to chug a Smirnoff Ice,  post 10am tee time I might go Gin and tonic with Tanqueray Rangpur tonic garnished with a lemon or two. I also love beer, and have been drinking lots of different IPAs this year. Cheers 🥃🍻🍺🍶🍸

WITB Cobra F9 Speed Back w/Fujikura Atmos x70 black, Cobra 🐍 Fly Z Pro Irons 4-PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60.04L(thanks MGS for the lesson), Ping Ketsch Putter, Ping Pioneer Bag, Tri Swivel II Cart. 

• 4 weeks later...

IMG_0955.JPG

Bought myself a Fathers Day Gift!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

A new drink I call the Bryson

1 bottle- Muscle Milk

2 shots- whiskey

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

1 hour ago, golfingbrock said:

A new drink I call the Bryson

1 bottle- Muscle Milk

2 shots- whiskey

I didn’t think anything could be worse than a Cement Mixer, but you may have cracked it with that “Bryson” recipe, pards.

Probably best served alongside a big empty bucket.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

Just now, downlowkey said:

I didn’t think anything could be worse than a Cement Mixer, but you may have cracked it with that “Bryson” recipe, pards.

Probably best served alongside a big empty bucket.

Here's the only empty bucket you'll need!

Golf Balls And Bucket High Resolution Stock Photography and Images ...

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

3 minutes ago, golfingbrock said:

Here's the only empty bucket you'll need!

Golf Balls And Bucket High Resolution Stock Photography and Images ...

That bucket might hold some of the lumps but it’s not exactly the container I envisaged. Although I do like where your head is re: grass (hosing down the expectorated crime scene).

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

• 1 month later...

I know I'll get some criticism for this, but with all the crazy Chicago heat this summer I've been keeping it light with a Truly or White Claw at the turn.  As long as I'm having a good round I'll reward myself with a refreshing seltzer buzz.  At the end of the day scotch on the rocks is a good way to cap off a great score too.  Stay classy gentlemen.  🥃

-Adam

IMG_2234.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

• 2 months later...

When it comes to aiming fluid I am a big proponent of the Owen's Mixer line. I like being able to have pre mixed cocktails at my finger tips. I always carry a dozen or so mini bottles of gin normally to make it as strong as I want and I am golden. Also dont forget the fireball for birdie shots!  However, If its a cold early morning round its irish coffee all the way!

Cheers Boys and Girls!

“Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. “ - Gen Patton

Playing out of  Celina, Tx with a mediocre 92 average.....Coach!

Ping G410 Plus - 10.5* Alta CB 55 Stiff

Callaway Mavriks 4-AW TT-X100

Nike SV 52* TT-S400

Taylormade Hit Toe 56* KB-2.0 Hi Rev

Taylormade Spider X Tour - all black

Trophy Hunter RealTree Camo Bag