GolfSpy Dave

From The Bar! The new place for all things related to adult beverages.

I initially breezed past this pic, but upon closer inspection that is a solid collection. Yamazaki doesn't get enough credit. I've also got a whole herd of Blanton horses that have been poured out to pasture; love that stuff.
  • Like 3

I like Blanton's too. I just refuse to pay the price for it anymore. It's always been a very good Bourbon, but it also has always been overpriced for what it is. Just my .02.

Djahubes, if you need help with that, I'll be there in a flash.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

If you come up to NoVa let me know. I got more in my locker

• Like 1

You're killin' me with the Van Winkles..... and the Larue Weller.

Got super lucky with the ABC lotto to get the pappy's

That Weller 12 used to be the goto. For $30 it was as good as anything. Like everything else, the hipsters ruined it. Now if you can find it it's in the hundreds......ridiculous!

• Like 1

Got super lucky with the ABC lotto to get the pappy's

That Weller 12 used to be the goto. For $30 it was as good as anything. Like everything else, the hipsters ruined it. Now if you can find it it's in the hundreds......ridiculous!

Yea, I was in the whisk(e)y hobby until it got crazy. I used to be able to get Pappy 15 for a reasonable price through mail order. Now, it's $300 - $500... if you can find it. Even the stuff that is still available is priced at a point I refuse to pay anymore.

I just stick to OGD BiB, WT 101, Dickel #12, etc... the hipsters pay for the rest of it...lol.

It's tough to get ahold of (even here in Columbus, OH) but the Columbus Brewing Company makes an IPA called Bohdi. SOOOOOOOOO GOOD! If you ever come across it you have to give it a try.

Yea, I was in the whisk(e)y hobby until it got crazy. I used to be able to get Pappy 15 for a reasonable price through mail order. Now, it's $300 - $500... if you can find it. Even the stuff that is still available is priced at a point I refuse to pay anymore.

I just stick to OGD BiB, WT 101, Dickel #12, etc... the hipsters pay for the rest of it...lol

Why does Pappy and the other high price bourbon cost so much!   It must be that supply and demand thing huh?   If I want a good smooth bourbon I pick up a bottle of Elijah Craig and it's as good as it gets IMO.

• Like 1

Why does Pappy and the other high price bourbon cost so much! It must be that supply and demand thing huh? If I want a good smooth bourbon I pick up a bottle of Elijah Craig and it's as good as it gets IMO.

Elijah Craig is a favorite of mine too. It is no longer age stated, as are so many bourbons these days.

Pappy used to be made at Stitzel Weller. Buffalo Trace makes it now. There was alot of SW juice left when BT took it over. It ran out a few years ago and BT now makes it on their own. It's good,but not what it once was.

It is hard to find because it's made in small quantities and released once a year in the "Antique Collection" which includes Sazarac Rye, George T Stagg, Pappy, Weller Larue Weller. Most of it is allocated in small amounts to certain states... and mostly restaurants. Good luck finding any of it, and if you do... affording it!

• Like 1

Now this topic is right up my alley ...

FYI, My wet bar started as a mother-in-law kitchen, at least in concept, and well, it kind of got out of hand because I had a free wall to use  :)

IMG_20170314_112405.jpg

• Like 7

FYI, My wet bar started as a mother-in-law kitchen, at least in concept, and well, it kind of got out of hand because I had a free wall to use  :)

Nice!!  A tip jar with a fin.

Love that!

I need to build a wet bar...

Wowser you are cooking with Crisco dude!   Well done ....

I'm having a couple sips of Wild Turkey Honey Sting this evening.  :D 

Feeling a little down tonight. Reminiscing about the past............ my marriage/divorce and other things. Half a bottle of Old Grand  Bonded.... so far. Not proud of it.... just sayin'.

• Like 5

Feeling a little down tonight. Reminiscing about the past............ my marriage/divorce and other things. Half a bottle of Old Grand  Bonded.... so far. Not proud of it.... just sayin'.

Mind if I join you?  

• Like 2