GolfSpy Dave

From The Bar! The new place for all things related to adult beverages.

Maker's is decent Bourbon, but it's a wheat Bourbon. I prefer the 46 over the standard Maker's.

Wheat Bourbons are sweeter than their Rye counterparts. I tend to like Rye Bourbons better, as I like the spicier kick. YMMV.

Another very good Bourbon in the higher price range is Elija Craig Barrel Proof. The standard EC is also a very good sipping Bourbon.... and has a wonderful nose!

Don't let price dictate what you buy or enjoy, there are plenty of lower priced Bourbons that are excellent sippers.

These are all good suggestions. I will check the local stores and see if these are available. It's so overwhelming going int the store, you can get lost in the choosing, there are that many choices.

• Like 1

Col. E H Taylor Single Barrel. It's good, not ridiculous $$, and a bit on the unique side. If you can find W L Weller 12, or Weller Antique those are also good under $100. If not Blantons all day, but even that is getting hard to find.

Outside of bourbon, anything that whistle pig sells is good.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Acting like whistle pig was an afterthought... I see you djahubes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

These are all good suggestions. I will check the local stores and see if these are available. It's so overwhelming going int the store, you can get lost in the choosing, there are that many choices.

I'm a rye man myself. I just find the taste to be a little better. The wife is a bourbon drinker though and I'll have it if we run out of rye. I haven't seen Bulleit mentioned here which I think is pretty solid and a good price usually.

Elijah Craig is the clear winner though if your willing to drop the cash. Just bought some two days ago actually.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1