From The Bar! The new place for all things related to adult beverages.

Our Sponsors

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Cool with me. Not to sound like an old prude but you will not hear much from me there. Nothing at all wrong with you guys doing that carry on. I quit drinking about 8 years or so now but I will have a

We all have nights like that...I can PM you my number if you need to to talk to someone.  No I'm not a counselor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once   Seriously, We're all here for you...  

Posted Images

Feeling a little down tonight. Reminiscing about the past............ my marriage/divorce and other things. Half a bottle of Old Grand Bonded.... so far. Not proud of it.... just sayin'.

Hang in there, bruthah.

(think happy thoughts .. think happy thoughts...)

(Think good golf shots?)

• Like 3

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

Feeling a little down tonight. Reminiscing about the past............ my marriage/divorce and other things. Half a bottle of Old Grand Bonded.... so far. Not proud of it.... just sayin'.

The tide rolls in and the tide rolls out. Just remember it always rolls back in . Good times are coming bruther

• Like 2

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 6 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey Triple Track 10 Putter 

The more, the merrier, brother!

Always better drinking with company. When drinking alone, the company tends to be bad for you.  Look after yourself!

• Like 3

:ping-small:  G400 SFT Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Feeling a little down tonight. Reminiscing about the past............ my marriage/divorce and other things. Half a bottle of Old Grand  Bonded.... so far. Not proud of it.... just sayin'.

Chin up mate, I'm here, just like you were a few months ago.

• Like 2

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Although a firm believer in moderation in all things, we do enjoy a few brown spicy liquors on occasion.  This is last year's hospitality room on the first night of the week.  A good time to be had by all!

Ross Lodge opening night.jpg

• Like 4

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

Here's to a new day and feeling better!

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Putter MLA Pro Classic

Feeling a little down tonight. Reminiscing about the past............ my marriage/divorce and other things. Half a bottle of Old Grand  Bonded.... so far. Not proud of it.... just sayin'.

Although a firm believer in moderation in all things, we do enjoy a few brown spicy liquors on occasion.  This is last year's hospitality room on the first night of the week.  A good time to be had by all!

Here's to a new day and feeling better!

• Like 1

What's in the bag?

Putter MLA Pro Classic

I'll have a scotchy for you, pal, keep your chin up- thanks for the tip, Rev! (Shieldaig) listen to OG- the tide goes both ways...

• Like 2

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

Thanks guys, it is appreciated. It was just one of those nights where emotions got the better of me. 

Thanks guys, it is appreciated. It was just one of those nights where emotions got the better of me. 

We all have nights like that...I can PM you my number if you need to to talk to someone.  No I'm not a counselor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once ;)  Seriously, We're all here for you...

MDGolfHacker  

• Like 7

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL Project X 5.5 shafts 5-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB Project X 5.5 shaft 4 Iron

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Homemade Kahlua and coke last night...just what I needed. 

• Like 4

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• 9 months later...

Hey guys, I've got a golf trip coming up to HH Island. Anyway, I am looking to get a pretty decent bourbon to take on the trip. Something in the $60-80 range, I know there's a ton of them. I know some. Basil-Hayden, Tin Cup, Four Roses. Are there any others that you guys enjoy. Looking for something good to sip on. I don't drink a lot, and with so many different varieties of Bourbon I wanted to get some “professional help” with choosing.

Thanks

• Like 1

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Booker's is a nice Bourbon at that price range. It's high proof (127). 

Blanton's is a nice Bourbon in the same price range.

Knob Creek Special Reserve is bottled at 120 proof.

Wild Turkey Rare Breed. 112.8 proof.

There are more, but these are easy to find almost anywhere.

Booker's is a nice Bourbon at that price range. It's high proof (127).

Blanton's is a nice Bourbon in the same price range.

Knob Creek Special Reserve is bottled at 120 proof.

Wild Turkey Rare Breed. 112.8 proof.

There are more, but these are easy to find almost anywhere.

I went to the Frugal McDoogal here in the area, there are 4 rows of nothing but bourbon, it's so hard to choose
  • Like 2

I went to the Frugal McDoogal here in the area, there are 4 rows of nothing but bourbon, it's so hard to choose

Can't go wrong with any suggestion S&B listed, though I'd lean toward the Wild Turkey Rare Breed myself. You absolutely cannot go wrong with Makers Mark although it's not real "exotic" or "sexy" since it is quite common, but it is super smooth and perfect for sipping neat. That's usually my go-to when I'm out and they don't have Wild Turkey.

• Like 2

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Maker's is decent Bourbon, but it's a wheat Bourbon. I prefer the 46 over the standard Maker's.

Wheat Bourbons are sweeter than their Rye counterparts. I tend to like Rye Bourbons better, as I like the spicier kick. YMMV.

Another very good Bourbon in the higher price range is Elija Craig Barrel Proof. The standard EC is also a very good sipping Bourbon.... and has a wonderful nose!

Don't let price dictate what you buy or enjoy, there are plenty of lower priced Bourbons that are excellent sippers.

• Like 1

Sipping on whiskey is good when you are sittin and talkin, and just chillin. What types of mixed drinks do y'all prefer. mixing good bourbon with something kind of takes away from what's it is, and is pretty much a waste of good liquor. So what do y'all do for mixed drinks. My favorite mixed is a White Russian, many of them. Got hooked on them many years ago, So I don't drink them that often because it's hard to stop. Just curious as to yall's favorites for sitting around the campfire and having a drink.

• Like 1

Hey guys, I've got a golf trip coming up to HH Island. Anyway, I am looking to get a pretty decent bourbon to take on the trip. Something in the $60-80 range, I know there's a ton of them. I know some. Basil-Hayden, Tin Cup, Four Roses. Are there any others that you guys enjoy. Looking for something good to sip on. I don't drink a lot, and with so many different varieties of Bourbon I wanted to get some “professional help” with choosing.

Thanks

Col. E H Taylor Single Barrel. It's good, not ridiculous $$, and a bit on the unique side. If you can find W L Weller 12, or Weller Antique those are also good under $100. If not Blantons all day, but even that is getting hard to find.

Outside of bourbon, anything that whistle pig sells is good.

• Like 1

Maker's is decent Bourbon, but it's a wheat Bourbon. I prefer the 46 over the standard Maker's.

Wheat Bourbons are sweeter than their Rye counterparts. I tend to like Rye Bourbons better, as I like the spicier kick. YMMV.

Another very good Bourbon in the higher price range is Elija Craig Barrel Proof. The standard EC is also a very good sipping Bourbon.... and has a wonderful nose!

Don't let price dictate what you buy or enjoy, there are plenty of lower priced Bourbons that are excellent sippers.

Great call on the Elija Craig!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers