GolfSpy Dave

From The Bar! The new place for all things related to adult beverages.

Our Sponsors

4 minutes ago, KatoGolfer said:

Bought a bottle this weekend.  It is different than every other Irish I've tasted.  Fairly smoky and the finish hangs in there a looooooong time.  It was wearing on me by the end of my second pour.  Not sure it's an everyday drinker but it's a nice changeup.

It's definitely different. Like you said... a nice change from the norm.

On 3/7/2017 at 11:34 AM, MattF said:

Well, I now all grain brew, having started using extracts about 10 years ago. Just recently I bought a grain mill, so now I can buy my base grains in bulk and crush them as needed.

The house beer is a James Squire Golden Ale clone call Dr Smurto's Golden Ale. It is apparently one of the most commonly home brewed beer back home. I brew a Vanilla Porter, which is very tasty. I also brew a Summer Ale for the wife...she likes putting the lime or whatever in it.

The wine, I do from kits, using 16 litres of juice...those take a lot of time with a minimum of 5 months or so before they're ready to drink. I usually do a Riesling for the white and a Pinot Noir for the red.

This is the beer fridge.

FB_IMG_1482022968791_zpsog8swdzf.jpg

Samuel Smith Taddy Porter is my all time fave.  I used to the the Chocolate Porter from Sammy Smith at Costco too...  That Vanilla sounds scrumptious...

• Like 2

Driver:  Taylormade '16 9.5* M1 Fujikura XLR8 61 S RH

3 Wood: Cobra F7 14.5 Degree Aldila DVS Fairway 75X

5 Wood: Taylormade R15 17 degree Fujikura Speeder 67 S

Hybrid: Ping G400 3 Hyb 19 degree S

Irons: Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW Aerotek Steelfiber i110 cw S RH standard lie and 1* strong

Wedges: 50 Callaway MD 4, 54 Vokey SM5, 58 Callaway Forged

Putters: Oddysey White Hot #7 Fang, Scotty Cameron Futura Phantom Mallet, Callaway S2H2

On 4/9/2020 at 2:48 PM, KatoGolfer said:

Are there any Irish Whisky guys in here?  I like bourbon, like ryes, don't care for most scotches, but have recently fallen in love with Irish Whisky.  Some of my favorite everyday drinkers are Jameson Black Barrel, Tullamore Cider Cask and Writer's Tears.  Redbreast 12 is great and my favorite is Green Spot.

I too love me some Irish Whiskey.  Been on an old fashioned kick lately as well.  Some of the Japanese Whiskey is really good as well...

• Like 2

Irons: Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW Aerotek Steelfiber i110 cw S RH standard lie and 1* strong

Putters: Oddysey White Hot #7 Fang, Scotty Cameron Futura Phantom Mallet, Callaway S2H2

On 4/9/2020 at 1:48 PM, KatoGolfer said:

Are there any Irish Whisky guys in here?  I like bourbon, like ryes, don't care for most scotches, but have recently fallen in love with Irish Whisky.  Some of my favorite everyday drinkers are Jameson Black Barrel, Tullamore Cider Cask and Writer's Tears.  Redbreast 12 is great and my favorite is Green Spot.

I've had the Jameson and the Writer's Tears, but not the Cider Cask. Can you compare it to any other Tullamore?

I prefer the Redbreast 12 cask strength to the regular 12, but I also really enjoy the 21. Very smooth whiskey. Green Spot is another good one; better than Yellow Spot for me.

How about any Indian whisky? I've got a fantastic Amrut right now - a 9 year old, single cask bottled at 60%. Wonderful stuff.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I hope to try this as soon as it becomes local. It sounds interesting. Mexican Corn Whisky

Abasolo.jpg

Edited by silver & black
  • Like 1

My favorite 19th hole beverage is a mule. Usually Kentucky (bourbon), but I do not discriminate - Moscow (vodka), Mexican (tequila), London (gin), Cuban (rum). Paired with ginger beer and some fresh lime juice - - these go down easy and fast!

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410, 9°, Tensei Orange 70-S
:adams-small: Tight Lies, 16°, Bassara 55-S
:adams-small: Idea Tech Boxer a40S 4 hybrid, Tour AD 65-R
:callaway-small:  X-20 Tour 4I-PW, Project X 5.5
:mizuno-small: MP-T4 50°, True Temper
:cleveland-small: 588 56°, stock
:nike-small: SV 60°, stock
:scotty-small: Newport 2 Notchback, Flat Cat grip
vice.png.4b217c198888a58207ae8084550b589d.pngPro balls

On 5/1/2020 at 12:38 PM, YYCRed said:

I've had the Jameson and the Writer's Tears, but not the Cider Cask. Can you compare it to any other Tullamore?

I prefer the Redbreast 12 cask strength to the regular 12, but I also really enjoy the 21. Very smooth whiskey. Green Spot is another good one; better than Yellow Spot for me.

How about any Indian whisky? I've got a fantastic Amrut right now - a 9 year old, single cask bottled at 60%. Wonderful stuff.

I have yet to try the 21, it's hard enough where I live to get the 12 🙂  The Tullamore cider cask has a touch more sweetness than the cheaper one, I like it better.  I'll try to keep my eyes peeled for the Amrut, that's intriguing.

Driver: Taylormade '16 M2, Aldila NV 2KXV X

3W:  Taylormade '16 M2, Speeder 661 X

3:  Callaway X-forged UT 21*

4-P:  Callaway X-Forged, Modus 3 120 - S

Wedges:  50* - Callaway Apex Pro 19, 54* - Taylormade Milled Grind 2 black, 58* - Taylormade Milled Grind 2 black

Putter:  currently Odyssey Works V-Line Versa CB - 36"

Ball - Bridgestone Tour B X

Love me some Irish Whisky if it's Red Breast or Green/Yellow Spot if I've made it home, but if I need a pick me up on the course and they have it, a Tito's & Soda with couple limes is the perfect quencher. There's a fairly new distillery called Ventura Spirits here in Ventura which I highly recommend. Their Gin has a different taste and is quite good, especially with a better than average tonic. Haven't tried the Vodka, brandy or liquors but they're trying to use all locally grown produce, so it's interesting to say the least. I think BevMo carries at least the vodka so I highly recommend you give it a shot.

• Like 2

How about an Arnold Parmer with apple pie moonshine!

• Like 1

Driver, Ping G400 11* SR Flex

3 Wood, TaylorMade SLDR 17*  R Flex

5 Wood, TaylorMade SLDR 19* R Flex

Hybrid, Cobra Amp 24* R Flex

Irons, Sub 70 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

Wedges, Cleveland CBX 56* & 60*

Putter, Odyssey Marksman Fang 35"

During round drinks: A good transfusion on the course can not be beat. Properly prepared (if you disagree with this recipe, I'm sorry for your tastebuds), it is double titos, 2 lime slices, splash of grape juice, rest ginger ale served on ice. Often times the halfway house will give too much grape juice and it makes the transfusion to sweet. If you're looking to sneak a couple in your bag on the course, the spiked arnold palmer is a great canned drink that's not beer. For a beer on the course, I tend to go for a light beer. 

After round drinks: Winter post-round drinks, I usually go with a rye old fashioned. Some of my favorite rye whiskey's are rittenhouse, templeton, or angel's envy. For a summer post round drink, a good margarita on the rocks is a refreshing drink on a hot day. Always ask if the margarita is made with a mix, if the answer is yes order something else. 

:taylormade-small: M6, 9.0, Tensei CK Orange 60, Stiff

:taylormade-small: M6, Rocket 13.0, Atmos Red 60, Stiff

:taylormade-small: RocketBallz, 4H 22.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Tour, 4-PW, True Temper Dynamic gold S300

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 4, 52.0, 56.0, 60.0 - S grind

:taylormade-small: Spider Mini

:bridgestone-small: Tour-RX

:Arccos: Smart Sensors

Currently sippin' an old fashioned made with Casamigos Anejo and agave syrup for the sugar, not bad...

• Like 3

Wow I’ve seen a lot of good posts that resonate with me... I don’t drink that much, but I do like to drink. Whiskeys(Japanese too), Scotch, and tequila are good. If I have a drink before I tee off it’s going to be one of 3 drinks, early tee times like 6-7 would be a good Bloody Mary, any tee time could involve being “iced” having to chug a Smirnoff Ice,  post 10am tee time I might go Gin and tonic with Tanqueray Rangpur tonic garnished with a lemon or two. I also love beer, and have been drinking lots of different IPAs this year. Cheers 🥃🍻🍺🍶🍸

• Like 1

WITB Cobra F9 Speed Back w/Fujikura Atmos x70 black, Cobra 🐍 Fly Z Pro Irons 4-PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60.04L(thanks MGS for the lesson), Ping Ketsch Putter, Ping Pioneer Bag, Tri Swivel II Cart. 

IMG_0955.JPG

Bought myself a Fathers Day Gift!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2
  • Love 1

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

A new drink I call the Bryson

1 bottle- Muscle Milk

2 shots- whiskey

• Haha 1

:honma: Driver: TESTING HONMA TR20 440 8.5° W/ VIZARD FP-7X SHAFT

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

1 hour ago, golfingbrock said:

A new drink I call the Bryson

1 bottle- Muscle Milk

2 shots- whiskey

I didn’t think anything could be worse than a Cement Mixer, but you may have cracked it with that “Bryson” recipe, pards.

Probably best served alongside a big empty bucket.

• Haha 3

:ping-small:___________G400 LST 9* - Ping Tour 65 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:adams-small:_Super Proto DHY 21* - Matrix Ozik Altus hX3 S
:adams-small: _Idea MB2 4-PW - Matrix Program 130 6.5
:cleveland-small:_________RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
Bettinardi.png.e7ca0ee7ba785611a4a144e16b6b93ab.png___SS38 Armlock
k_sig.jpg.00b599e7e823c61015277de38ca16982.jpg___'18 4-piece
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Just now, downlowkey said:

I didn’t think anything could be worse than a Cement Mixer, but you may have cracked it with that “Bryson” recipe, pards.

Probably best served alongside a big empty bucket.

Here's the only empty bucket you'll need!

Golf Balls And Bucket High Resolution Stock Photography and Images ...

• Haha 1

:honma: Driver: TESTING HONMA TR20 440 8.5° W/ VIZARD FP-7X SHAFT

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

3 minutes ago, golfingbrock said:

Here's the only empty bucket you'll need!

Golf Balls And Bucket High Resolution Stock Photography and Images ...

That bucket might hold some of the lumps but it’s not exactly the container I envisaged. Although I do like where your head is re: grass (hosing down the expectorated crime scene).

• Like 1

:ping-small:___________G400 LST 9* - Ping Tour 65 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:adams-small:_Super Proto DHY 21* - Matrix Ozik Altus hX3 S
:adams-small: _Idea MB2 4-PW - Matrix Program 130 6.5
:cleveland-small:_________RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
Bettinardi.png.e7ca0ee7ba785611a4a144e16b6b93ab.png___SS38 Armlock
k_sig.jpg.00b599e7e823c61015277de38ca16982.jpg___'18 4-piece
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

I know I'll get some criticism for this, but with all the crazy Chicago heat this summer I've been keeping it light with a Truly or White Claw at the turn.  As long as I'm having a good round I'll reward myself with a refreshing seltzer buzz.  At the end of the day scotch on the rocks is a good way to cap off a great score too.  Stay classy gentlemen.  🥃

• Like 1

-Adam