From The Bar! The new place for all things related to adult beverages.

I’m primarily a boring Budlight guy. I used to drink a six pack per 45 holes back when I was a member at a local club. I’ll occasionally have 1-3 on 18 holes, but usually none due to filming my YouTube channel. 
I don’t care to drink at home, I’m a light social guy at dinner. I also like an occasional margarita👍🏼

Knucklehead Golf(YouTube)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Cool with me. Not to sound like an old prude but you will not hear much from me there. Nothing at all wrong with you guys doing that carry on. I quit drinking about 8 years or so now but I will have a

We all have nights like that...I can PM you my number if you need to to talk to someone.  No I'm not a counselor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once   Seriously, We're all here for you...  

Posted Images

I have a kegerator at home right now it’s Dos Equis and Shiner Bock IMG_1349.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

• SPY VIP

Anyone else pick up bourbon collecting during the pandemic? It may be more expensive that putter collecting and you can't drink a putter out of existence. My favorites so far:

• Eagle Rare
  • McKenna
  • Bookers
  • Maker's Mark Cask Strength
  • Evan Williams Bonded

• Like 4

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @golfspy_dave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

2 hours ago, GolfSpy Dave said:

Anyone else pick up bourbon collecting during the pandemic? It may be more expensive that putter collecting and you can't drink a putter out of existence. My favorites so far:

• Eagle Rare
  • McKenna
  • Bookers
  • Evan Williams Bonded

Try Four Roses  Small Batch and Single Barrel....... Elijah Craig Barrel Proof. 

You're welcome. 😉

• Like 2
  • Eagle Rare
  • McKenna
  • Bookers
  • Evan Williams Bonded

I'm in the Ranger Club at New Riff, so I've got a collection of single barrel releases. It's amazing how different bottles of what should be the same recipe can be. That's leading me down the hole of many single barrel bottles.
I find that I like what is considered "sweet" bourbons, so Woodford Reserve and Wild Turkey variants lead my list. My go to is Old Forester 1920, as well as Eagle Rare barrel strength. I tend to like the barrel proof bottles, that I dilute to my taste.

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

Are there any Irish Whisky guys in here?  I like bourbon, like ryes, don't care for most scotches, but have recently fallen in love with Irish Whisky.  Some of my favorite everyday drinkers are Jameson Black Barrel, Tullamore Cider Cask and Writer's Tears.  Redbreast 12 is great and my favorite is Green Spot.

I am a Bourbon drinker by birth, born in Frankfort KY, home of Buffalo Trace Distillery.

Last week being St Patrick’s Day, Jamison is in my golf flask right now. I also like Tullamore Dew.
  • Like 2

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrid: Ben Hogan VKTR 3 Hybrid(18*) w/Recoil ES Hybrid(75 GM) regular shaft Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).  Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Here’s my drink, and it started at the beach.

coconut rum

pineapple juice

orange juice

splash of cranberry

SO good. I HATE bitter, so I can’t do alcoholic drinks of any kind that have any bitterness to them. Yuck. I’d rather have a Coke/Vernors/Grape soda, etc than a beer anyway, so that should tell you everything you need to know!

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy: 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

So I ran across this ad the other day for a mini keg system that is supposedly built to fit in the typical golf cart ice chest. I think it would be something pretty cool for us alcoholic golfers to do a review on.

https://www.kegsmiths.com/collections/mini-keg-systems/products/premium-draft-mini-keg-system

• Like 1

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-33, Stiff, 3-pw

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max Rescue, Regular Flex

Driver: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max D, Regular Flex, 10.5 loft

Righty

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

30 handicap🦽

On 3/25/2021 at 3:27 PM, GolfSpy Dave said:

• Eagle Rare
  • McKenna
  • Bookers
  • Evan Williams Bonded

I definitely started doing that, but it's tough being Louisville. There is such a high demand for all of the good bourbons especially eagle rare and blanton. I usually have to go stand I'm line at the distilleries and hope I'm lucky enough to get one.

Have you tried E.H. Taylor or Wellers?

Edited by Tpoole22
  • Like 1
  • SPY VIP
9 hours ago, Tpoole22 said:

I definitely started doing that, but it's tough being Louisville. There is such a high demand for all of the good bourbons especially eagle rare and blanton. I usually have to go stand I'm line at the distilleries and hope I'm lucky enough to get one.

There is a random liquor store down the street that has Taylor for $69. Weller is crazy here at well over $100 for the green label.

Did grab a bottle of Blanton's at grocery store last night for $61. Wife had the audacity to ask if I already had one at home. Only 2/3 full, babe. Back-up is needed.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Volvo Intorqueo

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy Dave said:

There is a random liquor store down the street that has Taylor for $69. Weller is crazy here at well over $100 for the green label.

Did grab a bottle of Blanton's at grocery store last night for $61. Wife had the audacity to ask if I already had one at home. Only 2/3 full, babe. Back-up is needed.

I'm surprised it only took 1/3 of the bottle to post today's piece on iron covers!!  Nice job BTW!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 3/25/2021 at 12:27 PM, GolfSpy Dave said:

• Eagle Rare
  • McKenna
  • Bookers
  • Evan Williams Bonded

I found I'm partial to bourbon finished in oak or port wine barrels.  Current favorites are:

1792 Port Finish  (hard to find)
Woodford Reserve Double Oaked

Yes, booze is much more expensive here in WA than in CA.  Stopped the other day at a Liquor Barn in Redding for a few bottles on my drive back from LA.

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• SPY VIP

Finally watched Neat tonight on Hulu. Such a cool documentary about bourbon.

Enjoyed a little Blanton's as well. Neat, naturally.

• Like 1

Volvo Intorqueo

6 hours ago, GolfSpy Dave said:

Finally watched Neat tonight on Hulu. Such a cool documentary about bourbon.

Enjoyed a little Blanton's as well. Neat, naturally.

I saw that sometime back. Really good show! It was great on history, what makes bourbon “bourbon”, how it’s made, etc. Really cool.

• Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy: 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2021 at 12:27 PM, GolfSpy Dave said:

• Eagle Rare
  • McKenna
  • Bookers
  • Evan Williams Bonded

Funny you mention bourbon,,,,,,,,,

My favorite with sugar free ginger ale is Angel's Envy, 

with coke Maler's Mark 46,,,,,

Other I have entered into "collection"

3 roses small batch 

Elijah Craig small batch 

Kbon creek 

• Like 2

DRIVER: default_cobra-small.jpg.125f3712aad21ad9f7ca2c672e34a299.jpg  Cobra F-8 set at 10.5,  Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 (R) 44 1/2 "

3 & 5 WOOD: default_callaway-small.jpg.a58e7c6760b71a9eb95d385ecc5d2200.jpg Callaway XR-16, Fujikura Speeder Evolution 565 Red (R) 

IRONS 5-SW: default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-700, 2 upright, std loft  Alta CB (R) + 1/2"

HYBRID 3-4:  default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-410, 1 upright,  Alta CB 70 Red (R) + 1/2"

PUTTER: Byron Experimental GSS

On 3/30/2021 at 11:27 AM, YourLocalJimmy said:

So I ran across this ad the other day for a mini keg system that is supposedly built to fit in the typical golf cart ice chest. I think it would be something pretty cool for us alcoholic golfers to do a review on.

https://www.kegsmiths.com/collections/mini-keg-systems/products/premium-draft-mini-keg-system

I've got something like this.  Used to use it for camping or sometimes in the back of the car after a soccer game.  I haven't been using it recently as we have some great craft breweries and I like the variety of cans.  However, some of them only have certain things on tap and not in cans.  Then I take this and fill it up with the draught only beer.

image.png.77fe07cbfea697deca64bd4a4263a151.png  Chiller Cart Bag

:cobra-small: Speedzone 9° - HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 X-Stiff

:taylormade-small: Sim Max Rocket 3wd 14° - HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 X-Stiff

:callaway-small: Fusion FT Hybrid 4 Draw 23°

:callaway-small: X-20 4 thru PW - Callaway Uniflex shaft

Approach wedge that is so old and generic I don't know what it is or where I got it (but I love it).

:cleveland-small: Smart Sole 3 Sand Wedge 58°

:taylormade-small: Rossa Monza Itsy Bitsy Spider

:Arccos: Tracking

Right Handed player, currently shooting around the 90 mark.

I once worked with a guy who, when I met him the first time, offered me a drink off of a bottle of Crown. I said no and he responded it wasn't a question. So I drank. Played golf with him a couple days later. His golf bag was a cooler. An actual cooler that looked like Mary Poppins' magic purse, as he kept pulling out whiskeys, beers, vodkas, mixers, and another thermos filled with bloody mary mix. On every hole was also left 4 jello shots. This was a fun crew. 

As for my personal preferences, I love a good Leinenkugel Summer Shandy, or any other wheat type beer. I'm not quite ready to jump on the spiked seltzer while golfing train just yet.

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 6.3 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: :taylormade-small: R11 9 degree turned 1 degree lower (Bought since it was on sale at Dick's)

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small: GBB Epic 15 degree (only club newer than 5 years in the bag)

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot XG SRT (bought because I won credit for a long drive in 2010)

Try Buffalo Trace, the most affordable quality bourbon, made in my hometown at the longest active distillery in the U.S.

That said, if you can get your hands on a bottle of Weller or Weller Antique, you won’t regret it. Same formula as Pappy, just aged a bit shorter.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
PXG 0211 w/Project X Evenflo Riptide Regular shaft; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” EVNROLL E6R Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrid: Ben Hogan VKTR 3 Hybrid(18*) w/Recoil ES Hybrid(75 GM) regular shaft Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).  Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco