TESTERS WANTED! ×

Dave's New Brew Thursday

GolfSpy Dave

Keep an eye out for the Cappuccino Stout too. Seasonal release without jacked up pricing. One of my favorite things about Lagunitas.

I picked up a bottle of Elysian Split Shot Espresso Milk Stout.  It sounds similar to a McMenamin's brew that I like.  Should be mild at ABV 6.1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

HEY! We're friends again!! ;)

Never stopped! .. you just have to have patience with my warped, dry and satirical sense of humor...

But just don't insult IPAs again.

(Ooops, ^there, ^right there^, I did it again )

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Never stopped! .. you just have to have patience with my warped, dry and satirical sense of humor...

But just don't insult IPAs again.

(Ooops, ^there, ^right there^, I did it again )

Well, there you go again!  Please find where I insulted IPAs.  I just said they are not my favs, didn't say I won't drink them!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Happy New Brew Thursday!  :D

Tonight's beer is Lagunitas' Imperial Stout!

attachicon.gifIMG_1170.JPG

Dark, Thick, and Scary

Made with Highly roasted malted barley, and plenty of it, to give the beer an uncommon richness and smoky, roasty depth…sorta like a hydraulic sandwich in a glass. 

AVAILABILITYYear-round in: 22oz. Bottles & Draft

ALC. BY VOL9.9%

BITTERNESS 45 IBUs

FOOD PAIRINGSFabulous Frapples a la mode with frozen cinnamon vanilla yogurt

DRINKABILITY: Hell Yes

Ok Kenny, here is your non-IPA. This is about as non-IPA as one can get. The Lagunitas Imperial Stout is a beast in a bottle, yet it's a smooth and smoky beast. Truth be told, I've been enjoying this beer on many a Thursday, but since it jumped off the Costco shelf and into my cart last weekend, I thought that it made a great sharing beer.

So rich and creamy and just begs to be blended with a sleeve of Girl Scout Thin Mints. If I can find some, I'll post a video right before hitting the diabetic coma.

GOLFABILITY: That's a Nope

Golfability is a two fold category. First, would you enjoy drinking this as you play, and second, would drinking this put the stink eye on your golf performance. 

Lagunitas Imperial Stout is very drinkable, but I don't know that it's a beer that I'd turn to to quench my dusty golf mouth. Perhaps going two or three on the bottle as a pre round eye opener, but this style is not something that I'd necessarily reach for on the course.

attachicon.gifIMG_1169.JPG

At 9.9%, don't expect the golf game to be the same after putting this beast in your belly. Sure, after drinking it you'll be more attractive, funnier, and way smoother when you chat up the cart gal, but your swing will probably be straight ass.

After the round with a big cigar and a brownie could be the most perfect thing ever though.

Buyagainability: Again and again

I've probably bought a dozen of these over the years. Reason one: it's really good and always available. This and Old Rasputin from North Coast brewing are my go to imperials. BA Rasputin and Rasputin on nitro are must drinks too if you run across them...

Reason two: this 22oz bottle was only $3.99 at Costco. In addition to pissing off Titleist, Costco also has a killer beer selection these days. Prices are solid, but $4 for this beer is just crazy. By ABV alone you have a bargain. It's like the Maddog 20/20 of craft beer, except that the Lagunitas Imperial Stout is delicious.

I will buy this again and again. I went big spender and dropped $8 for two this time around. Just flinging the paper in Costco #highroller

Link to Lagunitas. HERE

Want to see the coolest bottle opener ever. Check out this LINK to the Lagunitas swagshop.

See..... now I have to go out and get this! I love Lagunitas!

Huge fan of Lagunitas.  Some of the small batch stuff is harder to get on the East Coast but not impossible.

WITB 2024

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS 9* SHAFT TBD...

:taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

:callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

:callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

:callaway-logo-1: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

First 6 pack I bought in Hawaii a year ago was Lagunitas IPA, I was very impressed. It was a bit too hoppy for my wife, which suited me, as I got to drink the majority.

Unfortunately I've never seen any of the brews here, which is probably just as well as I'd need to sell a kidney to pay for it.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

• SPY VIP

FW New Brew - 1.jpg

Today we have a couple of beers from Firestone-Walker. Firestone-Walker is another great California brewery with some national distribution. Hopefully you can find these near you.

I'm a huge fan of Firestone Walker. How can you not like a brewery that spans the gap between the solid performance of Firestone tires and the kick-ass power of Walker, Texas Ranger? To be totally truthful, one of the things in the prior sentence was untrue about the brewery. If you are willing to say that anything about Chuck Norris is wrong, then may the gods be with you...

Anyway, I ran across both of these beers this week and I thought that I should drop both on you. Nothing wrong with a little two-brew on New Brew Thursday. First on the plate, Luponic Distortion 005.

Luponic Distortion 005

FW New Brew - 4.jpg

Revolution No. 005 is driven by a mix of five different hop varieties, led by an emerging American cultivar from the Yakima region. Together, these hops deliver a complex spectrum of ripe tropical fruit aromas with notes of guava, mango, pineapple, orange, blackberry, green tea and Meyer lemon. In true Luponic Distortion fashion, bitterness is moderate but snappy, with a balance of light malty-bready sweetness and a soft mouthfeel.

I'm a fan of the Luponic Distortion series from FW. Basically, they change up the hops each time around to create a beer that's similar, but has a unique taste profile for the batch. So far, my favorite has been 002 (released last summer). Somehow I missed 004. I may need to look around to see if I can run one down, but these are really made to be enjoyed fresh, before the hops fade in the can.

DRINKABILITY: Tasty

LD 005 is very drinkable. It tastes a bit thin to me, similar to some session IPAs that are out there. You get a big hop taste at the start, but it finishes a bit harsh, lacking the malt profile that soothes the palate after the bitter hop barrage. I enjoyed it, for sure, but it seemed like it was just a touch out of balance.

GOLFABILITY: Totally

Golfability is a two fold category. First, would you enjoy drinking this as you play, and second, would drinking this put the stink eye on your golf performance. 

Luponic Distortion is refreshing and would be welcomed as a thirst quencher during a hot round of golf. The relatively low ABV of 5.9% puts you into the sweet spot where it could take the edge off and yet not take you to total F-it golf. LD 005 could easily be enjoyed a couple of times during the round.

Buyagainability: Perhaps

As a series, I'd say Hell Yes, but the 005 is just not quire a mush horde beer for me. I'll never turn one down, but I don't know that I'd actively seek this incarnation out in the vast sea of beer choices. It's good, but not life changing.

Bonus Beer: Firestone Walker Fortem

FW New Brew - 5.jpg

That's right, two beers this week. I am willing to make the sacrifice of drinking a second new beer this week just so I can give you some insight that you can use to plan your weekend libation selections. Roughly translated, I felt like having a second beer this week :)

Fortem represents the first brew in a new beer line from Firestone-Walker. They are pretty geeked up about it.  The about this beer prose on their site (and the packaging) is pretty spectacular:

Fortem is a new-age imperial IPA that draws upon a range of influences, all while exhibiting DNA from our own forays into the IPA style. As such, it blends newer hop varieties from the Pacific Northwest and Hallertau, Germany along with pale malt, wheat malt and flaked oats for a full body and rounded mouthfeel. Fortem presents an expressive mix of aromas, including mango, blueberry, raspberry, lime zest and lychee. After time in the glass, it opens up to reveal stone fruit blossoms and mandarin oranges, finishing with just enough bitterness to encourage your next sip. Fortem has been left unfiltered for a hazy appearance and full hop impact.

Seriously, with a build-up like that, Fortem had better open the car door for you at dinner and finish you off later when you take a shower. Worth mentioning, it was $14.99 for a 4-pack of 16oz cans at Whole Foods. My "you had better be good" level was very high with this one.

DRINKABILITY: Satisfying

Thankfully, this beer is awesome. It's a big-ish imperial IPA, but it has enough balance to be a pleasure from the first sip to the lingering foam. At just from the fridge cold, it was refreshing, and as it warmed, it improved. Lots of citrus and other flavors as it opened. Not sure I could trace all of the flavors in that above description, but the complexity was delicious.

GOLFABILITY: Probably a pass

First pass says that the 8.2% ABV is golf unfriendly, and it probably is, but that is not the reason that I would not bring this one to the course. There is a lot going on here, and I'd rather drink this one on the back patio slowly instead of drinking it to hydrate as I push the cart. It's a complex beer that I'd rather slowly enjoy at home.

Bonus cool: Hazy IPA

FW New Brew - 2.jpg

West Coast breweries are all about the North East style unfiltered IPAs these days. To compare, here is a shot of the 005 on the left and the Fortem on the right. Definitely more cloudy with the Fortem. I like this less filtered beer movement. It may just be a trendy thing, but I'm on board the haze craze.

Buyagainability: Perhaps

To be honest, I pucker at the price of the Fortem. I do like it, and would be happy to drink more, but $15 a four-pack is likely out of my allowance range. I'll pay more for some beers, but I'd rather pay less. The IPA choices are so vast, that this one just doesn't quite hit my price to taste window.

Check out all of the various beers Firestone-Walker has to offer HERE.

Cheers!

Bonus Bonus

Sometimes the photography "helper" is not all that helpful...

FW New Brew - 3.jpg

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Awwwww .. nice dawggie ;) !!

(My guys are always sooo helpful, too)

But, yeah, Firestone Walker rocks! Am def gonna look for that Fortem.

My new brew tonight was OK-ish, not awesome .. hoppy and aromatic but .. light in color, light on the finish, low on the IBU scale and medium on the ABV scale.

Definitely not an IPA nor Imperial but in the spirit of sharing a new-to-me cold one with my virtual drinking buddies gave it a go.

And then I had three anyway just to double- and triple-check my findings

Allegash Hoppy Table

IMG_20170330_182339035.jpg

IMG_20170330_182523059.jpg

(yes that's the Golf Channel on the solo screen in that bar)

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

• SPY VIP

And then I had three anyway just to double- and triple-check my findings

This is why I hope we all get to hang out at some point. That's dedication to the craft right there :)

Volvo Intorqueo

This is why I hope we all get to hang out at some point. That's dedication to the craft right there :)

Whoever finds themselves in the NY area .. lemme know! We have a big back patio just right for hanging out on in the nice weather.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Whoever finds themselves in the NY area .. lemme know! We have a big back patio just right for hanging out on in the nice weather.

So is that an invite?  I would also extend and invite as well as we have a side deck and a nice patio out back.  I also just bought a new wine chiller/beer fridge for the new kitchen that we are building.  Made the wife get the less expensive stove so we could get the killer beer chiller.

WITB 2024

And I am not too far from Great South Bay's brewery.  My wife has a big truck and no issue driving drunks around.

WITB 2024

So is that an invite? I would also extend and invite as well as we have a side deck and a nice patio out back. I also just bought a new wine chiller/beer fridge for the new kitchen that we are building. Made the wife get the less expensive stove so we could get the killer beer chiller.

Totally! Standing invite for fans of craft brews! Oh, and who like to talk about golf and golf gear, too, I guess....

My beer fridge (an anniversary gift) is in the garage but we also have a few party size coolers we can put out on the patio to save those several steps ;)

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

And I am not too far from Great South Bay's brewery. My wife has a big truck and no issue driving drunks around.

Fan of GSB's Massive but I can't find it anymore.... :(

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Fan of GSB's Massive but I can't find it anymore.... :(

It is seasonal, should be out in a few weeks if I remember the release time correctly.

WITB 2024

Totally! Standing invite for fans of craft brews! Oh, and who like to talk about golf and golf gear, too, I guess....

My beer fridge (an anniversary gift) is in the garage but we also have a few party size coolers we can put out on the patio to save those several steps ;)

Sounds like a plan.  If you hit my house you would be the first Spy to see the pro shop I have in the basement.  Could even grab a round at my club as well.

WITB 2024

Sounds like a plan. If you hit my house you would be the first Spy to see the pro shop I have in the basement. Could even grab a round at my club as well.

Sounds great but you mean "a round" at the 19th Hole, right? (no way I can survive a golf round with a semi-pro ). Anyway, PM'ing you.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

• SPY VIP

Happy New Brew Thursday!   B)

Tonight's beer is Lagunitas' The Waldos' Special Ale!

Waldos1.jpeg

Herbacious. Botanical. Dank. Resinous.

In 1971, the Waldos met one afteroon at 4:20 in the front courtyard of their school near the statue of Louis Pasteur. They set out in a '66 Impala armed with a "treasure map" on a journey to find a secret garden near Point Reyes. They met there at the same time every day and continued their quest. They never found the secret garden....But they keep lookin'. The dankest and hoppiest beer ever brewed at Lagunitas was made with help of the Waldos for all treasure hunters.

AVAILABILITY: April... 4/20/17

ALC. BY VOL11.9%

BITTERNESS 100+ IBUs

FOOD PAIRINGSGood with Beer-battered Twinkies Con Queso…you can find out why if you google 'Waldo 420'

DRINKABILITY: Dude!

If I was to try and pin a style on this "Special Ale", I'd probably go with triple IPA. That would be close, and address the hop assault that Waldos' brings, but it also just doesn't quite describe the beer completely. In Waldos also has a whole bunch of sweetness, reminding me of Lagunitas other seasonal great, Brown Shugga. 

Sure, there is a ton of hop in this one, dank of the dank bro, but there is also a good measure of malt and richness.  Honestly, it's tough to categorize. The color is an amazing, almost glowing copper.

image2.jpeg

GOLFABILITY: Dude.

Lagunitas The Waldos' Special ale is a dangerous beer. It is refreshing, and could actually be quite enjoyable during a parching round. However, it's a sneaky one. One moment you are fine, and one hit on the bottle later, not so fine.

Waldos3.jpeg

Dude, it's 11.9%! What did you think was going to happen when you had two before the turn. Too late now to get bummed out though. Might as well have a third and enjoy the extra strokes as you explore parts of the course you don't usually visit.

Buyagainability: Duuuude!

I look forward to the return of good seasonal/limited run beers, and I'd put Waldos in that category. I'd probably not survive having this one year round, but once in a year, it's a great treat.

Hopefully you can find it near you. Lagunitas has even produced a map to help you find it.

Waldos2.jpeg

Link to Lagunitas. HERE

Volvo Intorqueo

For New Brew Thursday...

I went out and got a new club carrier..IMG_20170406_182248813.jpg

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Actually for New Brew Thursday...

Two fun .. and very different .. taste sensations. The first was...

• Kelso Imperial IPA

Truth be told I've generally shied away from Imperials as the few I've tried in the past were, well, kinda thin and unsatisfying.

Kelso, though, is a solid Craft brewery and thanks to you guys .. and Kenny :) .. and GS Dave I'm committed to expanding my repertoire.

IMG_20170406_191957526.jpg

Yeah, that's right - comes in a can!

Story I got from the beer store Meister is..

(A) can top seals tighter and lasts longer vs. bottles, so no oxidation;

(B) can, of course, completely occludes light pollution;

© cans are smaller and lighter so in terms of trucking / transportation​ they can load more into a trailer and probably save on total tare weight also;

And (not importantly)

(D) cans are back "in" in terms of packaging and space to print stuff on.

Note on ©: if its advantageous for a huge tractor-trailer then it's odds-on advantageous for you and your carry-around (golfing) cooler

So...

This is beer is great. Color and depth, aroma, hoppiness and bitterness, start / mouth feel / finish all seem balanced in an elegantly regal ;) brew.

Drinkagainabity:

Yes!

Bargainability:

Honestly not sure; bought 6 different 6- and 4-packs (what's up with that?) and just handed the nice man my credit card without asking too many questions (other than about the can packaging).

GolfAbility:

Maybe Yes for some, but for me a Pale Ale or a Session IPA would be more drinkable on the course and more thirst-quenching, and .. a bit lower on the ABV.

This beer seems better at meal paired with something substantial (and it just happens that we had a nice meaty, thick crock.pot stew.on top of a bed of noodles tonight ).

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Damn, that Waldos' Special Ale looks amazing! Extra points for posting a link to a map that will help us find it!

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 9° w/ GD Tour AD DI-6X

3wd: TaylorMade SIM 15° w/ GD Tour AD DI-7S

2h: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 17° w/ Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

4h: Callaway XR Pro 23 w/ Project X LZ 6.0

5i - PW: Callaway Apex Pro

Wedges: Callaway MD3 50°, Titleist SM8 54° and 58°

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

For New Brew Thursday...

I went out and got a new club carrier..attachicon.gifIMG_20170406_182248813.jpg

I like the club carrier!  My wife is looking but not sure what to get.  How do the clubs fit in the back?

I like the club carrier! My wife is looking but not sure what to get. How do the clubs fit in the back?

Thanks!! In the spirit of full disclosure.. carrying clubs was not my first priority .. and no, not boards, either .. but actually the way the back seat folded down so I could get my two big fur beasts in there!

The Grand Cherokee was the best I'd seen of several models I'd looked at, but not including the Dodge Durango which my car nut buddy recommended but I didn't get a chance to look inside of. So depending on what her priorities are she may also look at that.

Anyway, in the Jeep with the back seats still up you can easily toss in one bag and one push cart...IMG_20170407_153806302.jpg

Or, if you drop one or both of the back seats you could, of course, get a lot more in...

IMG_20170407_153931419.jpg

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

It's Wednesday but I couldn't wait....

IMG_20170412_171415599.jpg

Chatham Nor'Easter (like the storm on the East Coast) Extra Hoppy IPA

Love it!!!

Am NOT going to try and describe it like Guru Brew Dave but it is hearty, and solid! Very happy with this one!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

• SPY VIP

Lemon Pie Beer - 1.jpg

Strong American blond ale brewed with graham crackers and lactose, and fermented with vanilla beans and fresh local lemon juice.

6.5% ABV

We live in a time when craft beer should be creative, exciting, and delicious. Enter the Curiosite' Series; an exploration of beautiful ingredients and flavors that pair with the season. Indulge in the one-of-a-kind, farm-to-glass creation.

Lemon Pie Beer - 2.jpg

This week's beer is not so much a go find this beer suggestion as it is a go and find new beer mandate. Odds are, you actually have very little chance of finding New Glory's Lemon Meringue Pie Specialty Ale. It's a limited run beer, and New Glory is a small local brewery here in Sacramento.

The point of sharing this beer with you today is hopefully motivate you to seek out the amazing beer options that are likely right around the corner from you. There are small breweries everywhere these days, and many of them are making excellent beer. This beer happens to be in a can, but some of the countries finest microbrews are only available at the brewery taproom.

That seems like a drawback, but actually it's part of the fun. You get to go on an adventure, seeking out the new brewery in your town. You get to support a local business, and add a new watering hole to your arsenal. Win and win.

The other point of today's beer is to encourage you to try random beers. Get outside of your comfort zone and order something that you are just not sure about. You'll either have your hesitations confirmed, or discover a whole new world of beer.

Lemon Pie Beer - 3.jpg

Quick Cool Story Bro moment: A few years back, I was down in SoCal with a friend and we decided to hit a brewery called The Bruery for a few beers. They had a special sour flight on the menu, and having never had a sour, I decided to give them a shot. Turns out, I love sour beers. Like, really love them. Wife is not a fan, but often times I'll now choose a sour over any other styles. This is especially true if I'm out at a new brewery. I love to see what the different brewers come up with.

So today's mission for you is simple: Find a new brewery, and drink a beer you are not sure you'll like.

Now on to the Lemon Meringue Pie Special Ale

DRINKABILITY: Interesting...

I know that Kennedy said that the phrase “May you live in interesting times.” represented an ancient Chinese curse. (Fun Fact: No source for the statement was ever uncovered in Chinese history. FAKE NEWS!)

I bring this up because interesting is the first word that comes to mind as I drink this beer. There is a lot going on. You definitely get the lemon, and a creamy mouth from the lactose. Vanilla plays around in the mouth for quite a while after the gulp is gone. Along with the vanilla is a lingering sourness from the lemon.

New Glory's Lemon Meringue Pie Specialty Ale is a beer that lives on the fringe of the beer landscape, and for that alone, I'm happy to put it in my belly.

GOLFABILITY: Questionable

Golfability is a two-fold category. First, would you enjoy drinking this as you play, and second, would drinking this put the stink eye on your golf performance. 

I can see New Glory's Lemon Meringue Pie Specialty Ale finding it's way into the golf cooler. 6.5% ABV is golf friendly, as long as you don't go too hog wild with your pie eating.

My only hesitation is that the beer has a level of richness that may not meet the required level of quench on the course. I'd actually go with New Glory's Key Lime Gose for links libations. Gose goes with golf for sure.

Buyagainability: Maybe

New Glory's Lemon Meringue Pie Specialty Ale is a tasty beer, and I respect the experimentation that went into it, but I don't know that I'd seek it out again. In the spirit of the style, I'd probably seek out something else random on the tap list.

New Glory Brewery: HERE

Volvo Intorqueo

OK, it's Thursday and my contribution for tonight is something really unusual for me:

Dragon Slayer Imperial Stout

IMG_20170413_192802743.jpg

Hints of (normally, ewww yuck) chocolate but primarily Russian (something or other, sorry but this was already #_[something]..!) extra hops.

Well, this did not disappoint.

Dark, thick, creamy dark - not light colored - head, a little aromatic and a little bitter but plenty plenty Stout.

Yum!

Bargain: No.

Golfable: No.

DrinkAgain:

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

OK, it's Thursday and my contribution for tonight is something really unusual for me:

Dragon Slayer Imperial Stout

attachicon.gifIMG_20170413_192802743.jpg

Hints of (normally, ewww yuck) chocolate but primarily Russian (something or other, sorry but this was already #_[something]..!) extra hops.

Well, this did not disappoint.

Dark, thick, creamy dark - not light colored - head, a little aromatic and a little bitter but plenty plenty Stout.

Yum!

Bargain: No.

Golfable: No.

DrinkAgain:

YES!!  Love it!

I went to the store after golf today and ended up bringing home a six pack of Lagunitas Sucks Brown Shugga' Substitute Ale.  Although not a dark beer, I could be persuaded to drink this a lot!  I would even say it's golfable, even though it's 8% ABV, as long as you don't overdo it.  This ale would be very nice on a hot day.

IMG_0673.jpg

Thanks!! In the spirit of full disclosure.. carrying clubs was not my first priority .. and no, not boards, either .. but actually the way the back seat folded down so I could get my two big fur beasts in there!

The Grand Cherokee was the best I'd seen of several models I'd looked at, but not including the Dodge Durango which my car nut buddy recommended but I didn't get a chance to look inside of. So depending on what her priorities are she may also look at that.

Anyway, in the Jeep with the back seats still up you can easily toss in one bag and one push cart...attachicon.gifIMG_20170407_153806302.jpg

Or, if you drop one or both of the back seats you could, of course, get a lot more in...

attachicon.gifIMG_20170407_153931419.jpg

Carrying clubs is my first priority since we use the car to travel the northwest for golf.  It has to carry 2 bags and 2 pushcarts (or 2 roll aboard suitcases with the backseat up.  I looked at SUVs and the only ones that worked were BIG.  I didn't want an SUV anyway; I already have a Ford Explorer Sport Trac (bags and carts fit in the back in it too).  So, I ended up with the Dodge Charger R/T.  It's a tight fit, but it works; just had to forego the premium sound system with the subwoofer.

IMG_0677.jpg

Sorry, I should have posted this in the Car Thread.