TESTERS WANTED! ×

Dave's New Brew Thursday

GolfSpy Dave

I've had the dogfish before....and I'm not a huge fan of the 60 either

Yeah, the 60 is good tho I like the 90 better

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Here's that Venn diagram GS Dave was referring to...

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

• SPY VIP

Here's that Venn diagram GS Dave was referring to...attachicon.gifIMG_20170804_090454.jpg

Thanks for the image post. Was going to do that when I saw it didn't show up on the mobile version.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I love my wife! She gave me a gift certificate (as an anniversary present) to a great beer store nearby!!!

Here's the first of a bunch of new-to-me craft brews....

Alphabet City Brewing Co., NY

Village IPA

On the top of the can (bound together with those nifty plastic caps that keep the tops clean, and also boast of "95% PCR" (Post-Consumer Recycled content)) it says:

"Hop Culture Soaring. East And West."

They also list all the Malts used - 5 types (Hunh!); and all the Hops - also 5 types (Wow!).

Well this brew, IMO, is everything an IPA is supposed to be. Beautiful color and aroma, robust and full-bodied, and really really tasty and satisfying! Great blending of flavors!! I'm a fan :)

ABV 8.2%

A bit of NY trivia:

"Alphabet City" is a nickname given to an area of the East Village (around the Lower East Side of NYC) contained within Avenue A, Avenue B and Avenue C .. ie. letters of the alphabet. Many years ago this was a bit of a No-Go zone, eg. crack houses, muggings; but has since .. like many other formerly rundown neighborhoods .. become much more gentrified and re-developed.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

I love my wife! She gave me a gift certificate (as an anniversary present) to a great beer store nearby!!!

KEEPER!

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

KEEPER!

Ha, thx!!! And.. she plays golf, and.. she's a great cook!!!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

So, it doesn't seem to matter what the IBUs are for New England IPAs. Interesting.

Well, technically, yes. But .. the more the merrier

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Well, technically, yes. But .. the more the merrier

Well, then you would like this one.

Terminal Gravity Brewing

slogan.jpg

Located in Enterprise, Oregon

About 2 hours from my home.

The Wallowa Valley gives way to the Eagle Cap Wilderness, providing the inspiration for Eagle Cap IPA.  Discover aromas of grapefruit and orange balanced with a clean and crisp malt backbone.  No nonsense, just great beer.

ABV:  6.1%
IBU:  81

IMG_0749.jpg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Well, then you would like this one.

Terminal Gravity Brewing

attachicon.gifslogan.jpg

Located in Enterprise, Oregon

About 2 hours from my home.

The Wallowa Valley gives way to the Eagle Cap Wilderness, providing the inspiration for Eagle Cap IPA.  Discover aromas of grapefruit and orange balanced with a clean and crisp malt backbone.  No nonsense, just great beer.

ABV:  6.1%
IBU:  81

Looks good! Looks VERY good!!

ROAD TRIP! ;-)

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

• SPY VIP

Saint Archer Citra 7 IPA

https://www.saintarcherbrewery.com

IMG_2206.JPG

Run! It's the Big Beer Blob!

Depending upon where you live in the continuum of beer news, you may or may not know about the disturbing new(ish) trend of large breweries (Miller, Bud, and so on) buying successful, small microbreweries. It's actually worse than Katamari Damacy because in that game you at least see what the ball is made of after you roll over stuff.

With the macrobreweries engulfing (rolling over) the smaller breweries, you may never know that what you are drinking is now a Budweiser product. If you are drinking a beer from Ballast Point, Elysium, Goose Island, Lagunitas, and other bought breweries, you are drinking something funded by big beer dollars.

One should ask the question, “Is that a bad thing?” For some reasons, I'd say that it is not always bad, summing up my thoughts with the ever definitive “it depends”. Having a big beer checkbook means that you are likely now able to advertise and distribute your beer to markets that would have been out of your reach before. More people drinking your beer is a good thing, right?

That's assuming that the beer is still good. If the recipe can be scaled up to huge production levels and not lose its flavor, then who cares who signs the check. Unless that person is a huge corporation with questionable business practices, like buying all of the available hops, thus eliminating competition. InBev is a huge corporation, and it's not inconceivable that they may not care about the soul of a small brewery once it is acquired, just how it adds to the bottom line.

There is a level of tinfoil hat paranoia involved with some when discussing this topic, but for me personally, I try not to give my money to companies and corporations who condone practices that I do not like.

My Saint Archer Story

IMG_2196.JPG

Living in NorCal, I tend to stick to, and know the most about the breweries in Northern California as opposed to Southern California. SoCal though has likely permeated the palate of every beer drinker in the country, if not world. SoCal beers have changed the tape in the craft beer world, pushing us toward complexity and diversity unfathomable in the pre-2000's. As such, I do take notice of new breweries from my neighboring south.

Saint Archer was noticeable because they offered their beer in cans. Love cans. They made a solid single IPA, which made the go to play rotation more than once. The killer beer for me though was their Blackberry Gose. It is one of my favorite beers ever. It could just be the purple packaging, I own that bias, but really it's just a perfect blend of refreshment and sour. I've probably bought more six-packs of Saint Archer Blackberry Gose in recent years than any other beer. So far, the purchase of Saint Archer by MillerCoors has not destroyed that beer. In fact, they even released a Peach Gose this year. Not as good, but a peach gose is not a typical “big beer” beer variety, so I'm encouraged.

Anyway, let's talk about the Saint Archer Citra 7 IPA.

IMG_2202.JPG

DRINKABILITY: 7 Wins For Me

So the Citra 7 name comes from a combination of Idaho 7 hops and Citra hops. You are probably familiar with the citra hop profile, but the Idaho 7 is a bit more off the grid. I can only remember having a beer with them one other time. Sierra Nevada did a hop explorer beer or something like that with the Idaho 7.

Saint Archer says that the combination of hops should give you a “soft apricot and bright lemon” taste. Not sure I get that, but what I do get is a smooth, rich IPA that finishes with the typical citra dryness. It's definitely familiar, but there is a little added something. I'm going to go with the Idaho 7 hops.

It's on the teeth-cleaning edge of the bitter scale, which I do enjoy, but it may be too much for you malt mavens.

IMG_2200.JPG

GOLFABILITY: Yep, though you may shoot a 7

Golfability is a two-fold category. First, would you enjoy drinking this as you play, and second, would drinking this put the stink eye on your golf performance.

It comes in cans, so it should go to the course. I know, I went 22oz bottle, but that was for research purposes. The extra 10oz I drink for you...

I find Citra 7 refreshing, and I would welcome it in the golf bag cooler. Assuming that having such a thing would not be illegal at the course.

The 7.0% ABV is intentionally or unintentionally part of the Citra 7, and could lead to golf performance issues. 7.0% is on the high border for me for playing. This one is tasty too, so the third one would be welcome on a hot day, and likely lead me to that third double on the back side.

Buyagainability: If my Conscience Permits

I like Citra 7 a bunch, and if there was no Big Beer issue, I'd be all in on this 7. I'll definitely buy more of the Blackberry Gose from Saint Archer, because that beer rules, and is pretty unique, but there may be other canned single IPAs out there that I can buy that will more directly support small breweries. Really hoping MillerCoors doesn't mess them up.

For me, that matters. I'm not going to flat out avoid any brewery that gets bought out, but I'll keep an eye on them. If given the choice, I'll likely always choose the small beer shop, but I'm not going to totally dismiss favorite beers just because they are now under a Big Beer umbrella. Maybe InBev breweries, those guys are sketchy...

IMG_2203.JPG

Volvo Intorqueo

It's Thursday....it's not new to me, but one of my faves from a local Houston Brewery

IMG_0115.JPG

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Saint Archer Citra 7 IPA

attachicon.gifIMG_2206.JPG

Depending upon where you live in the continuum of beer news, you may or may not know about the disturbing new(ish) trend of large breweries (Miller, Bud, and so on) buying successful, small microbreweries. It's actually worse than Katamari Damacy because in that game you at least see what the ball is made of after you roll over stuff.

With the macrobreweries engulfing (rolling over) the smaller breweries, you may never know that what you are drinking is now a Budweiser product. If you are drinking a beer from Ballast Point, Elysium, Goose Island, Lagunitas, and other bought breweries, you are drinking something funded by big beer dollars.

One should ask the question, “Is that a bad thing?” For some reasons, I'd say that it is not always bad, summing up my thoughts with the ever definitive “it depends”. Having a big beer checkbook means that you are likely now able to advertise and distribute your beer to markets that would have been out of your reach before. More people drinking your beer is a good thing, right?

That's assuming that the beer is still good. If the recipe can be scaled up to huge production levels and not lose its flavor, then who cares who signs the check. Unless that person is a huge corporation with questionable business practices, like buying all of the available hops, thus eliminating competition. InBev is a huge corporation, and it's not inconceivable that they may not care about the soul of a small brewery once it is acquired, just how it adds to the bottom line.

There is a level of tinfoil hat paranoia involved with some when discussing this topic, but for me personally, I try not to give my money to companies and corporations who condone practices that I do not like.

My Saint Archer Story

attachicon.gifIMG_2196.JPG

Living in NorCal, I tend to stick to, and know the most about the breweries in Northern California as opposed to Southern California. SoCal though has likely permeated the palate of every beer drinker in the country, if not world. SoCal beers have changed the tape in the craft beer world, pushing us toward complexity and diversity unfathomable in the pre-2000's. As such, I do take notice of new breweries from my neighboring south.

Saint Archer was noticeable because they offered their beer in cans. Love cans. They made a solid single IPA, which made the go to play rotation more than once. The killer beer for me though was their Blackberry Gose. It is one of my favorite beers ever. It could just be the purple packaging, I own that bias, but really it's just a perfect blend of refreshment and sour. I've probably bought more six-packs of Saint Archer Blackberry Gose in recent years than any other beer. So far, the purchase of Saint Archer by MillerCoors has not destroyed that beer. In fact, they even released a Peach Gose this year. Not as good, but a peach gose is not a typical “big beer” beer variety, so I'm encouraged.

attachicon.gifIMG_2202.JPG

So the Citra 7 name comes from a combination of Idaho 7 hops and Citra hops. You are probably familiar with the citra hop profile, but the Idaho 7 is a bit more off the grid. I can only remember having a beer with them one other time. Sierra Nevada did a hop explorer beer or something like that with the Idaho 7.

Saint Archer says that the combination of hops should give you a “soft apricot and bright lemon” taste. Not sure I get that, but what I do get is a smooth, rich IPA that finishes with the typical citra dryness. It's definitely familiar, but there is a little added something. I'm going to go with the Idaho 7 hops.

It's on the teeth-cleaning edge of the bitter scale, which I do enjoy, but it may be too much for you malt mavens.

attachicon.gifIMG_2200.JPG

Golfability is a two-fold category. First, would you enjoy drinking this as you play, and second, would drinking this put the stink eye on your golf performance.

It comes in cans, so it should go to the course. I know, I went 22oz bottle, but that was for research purposes. The extra 10oz I drink for you...

I find Citra 7 refreshing, and I would welcome it in the golf bag cooler. Assuming that having such a thing would not be illegal at the course.

The 7.0% ABV is intentionally or unintentionally part of the Citra 7, and could lead to golf performance issues. 7.0% is on the high border for me for playing. This one is tasty too, so the third one would be welcome on a hot day, and likely lead me to that third double on the back side.

I like Citra 7 a bunch, and if there was no Big Beer issue, I'd be all in on this 7. I'll definitely buy more of the Blackberry Gose from Saint Archer, because that beer rules, and is pretty unique, but there may be other canned single IPAs out there that I can buy that will more directly support small breweries. Really hoping MillerCoors doesn't mess them up.

For me, that matters. I'm not going to flat out avoid any brewery that gets bought out, but I'll keep an eye on them. If given the choice, I'll likely always choose the small beer shop, but I'm not going to totally dismiss favorite beers just because they are now under a Big Beer umbrella. Maybe InBev breweries, those guys are sketchy...

attachicon.gifIMG_2203.JPG

Great review, Dave - appreciate your thoughts and insights into the age-old David vs Goliath story! And, yeah, I agree - a number of really small, local craft brewers open around here from time to time and you can find a real gem that absolutely cannot be duplicated in mass production.....

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Saint Archer Citra 7 IPA

attachicon.gifIMG_2206.JPG

My Saint Archer Story

attachicon.gifIMG_2196.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2202.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2200.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2203.JPG

I've had more IPAs in the past few months than I have in years.  It's not that I don't like IPAs, but I think I must be a malt maven!!  I have found that I prefer the IRA to the IPA, but I certainly won't turn one down.  I wish that I could find more of these beers that you post up here in my area.  I'd like to try some of them.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• SPY VIP

I've had more IPAs in the past few months than I have in years. It's not that I don't like IPAs, but I think I must be a malt maven!! I have found that I prefer the IRA to the IPA, but I certainly won't turn one down. I wish that I could find more of these beers that you post up here in my area. I'd like to try some of them.

Saint Archer may make it up to you. One of the big beer benefits.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Volvo Intorqueo

Another new brew Tuesday.

(prepping for Jimmy Buffett at open air Jones Beach Theatre)

Captain Lawrence Brewing Co.

"Seeking Alpha" Triple IPA

Hop (hop hop) lovers - ypur attention, please...

This one is worth a try!!

Some of their other offerings are OK-ish/not bad, but if you like hops hops HOPS (see what I did there? three times .. triple.. ) then give this one a go.

IBUs .. nor ABV .. not listed on the bottle (and I was too lazy to go to their website to look...).

Here's the story from the side of the label...

Very tasty! Very satisfying!!

*NOT* golfable.

Addendum:

Didn't know we were also showing off some of our fun bottle openers from our collection .. :) .. that bullet looking thing really is a spent 50-cal (138 mm in NATO speak) casing that was re-purposed by a vet and is marketing them. More info at...

http://www.bullets2bandages.org

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Loving the Russian Imperial Espresso Stout.  I don't think that one is around here though.   :(

You know what I love about summer winding down???

OKTOBERFEST and PUMKIN BEERS BABY!

I was in the store yesterday and one of my favorite local Houston brewers has its annual Oktoberfest beer out already......had to grad me a 12 pack......MMMMMMMMMM

IMG_0119.JPG

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

• SPY VIP

Pinkus Organic Ur-Pils

http://www.merchantduvin.com/brew-pinkus-muller-organic-ur-pils.php

Pinkus Pils - 2.jpg

The History of Organic Ur-Pils

Golden pilsner with bright, elegant bitterness was developed in Pilsen, Czechoslovakia, in the mid-19th century and German brewers began to brew "pils" very soon after. Pinkus Ur Pils, brewed with organic malt and hops, has another connection to the beers of 150 years ago: no chemical fertilizers or pesticides are used to produce the malt and hops. "Ur" translates roughly from German to "original."

Certified Organic by the USDA-accredited ABCERT GmbH.

Alcohol Content: 5.2%

Bitterness Units (IBUS): 32

Color: Pale Gold with a little haze

Left End of the Rack

Pinkus Pils - 4.jpg

I probably spent fifteen minutes deciding on today's beer. It's an important decision. First, I need to find one that I have not had. It is New Brew Thursday after all. Second, I try and find beers that you all actually have a chance of finding.

There were a couple of new local beers that I almost grabbed, but you will never see them in a store. I did grab two bottles of Pliny the Elder also today, humble brag, but Elder is way too regionally rare to review. Plus, I had that one before.

So I ultimately went with the blue bottle of Pinkus Ur- Pils. No clue about this beer, save that I have not had it before. I figured it's an import so you may be able to find it. Plus, should it be a drain pour beer, I do have the Elder as a back-up evening libation.

DRINKABILITY: Czech it Out

See what I did there? Wordsmith in action. I'm a huge fan of the Czech Pils. Crisp, clean, and that distinctive pilsner chalkiness(word?) keeps me pouring more. The light character, and lower end ABV makes pilsners prime hot weather beers.

The Pinkus Pils is organic, and that makes me laugh a bit. I tend to trust the German purity laws when it comes to beer formulation. Water, barley, hops, and yeast. That's all you get. Sure, organic could mean cleaner versions of those basic ingredients, but I truly couldn't care less about the organic label.

What I do care about is taste, and the Pinkus Pils is a pretty good pilsner. It's pilsner character is not as bold as some others out there, but the flavor does improve as it warms a touch.

It's not my favorite pilsner, but it's definitely not a drain pour.

GOLFABILITY: Par

Pilsners are refreshing in general, and this one from Pinkus would be a welcome golf beer. Only bottles though which does drop the golfability a touch.

The 5.2% ABV is dead on for golf though.

Buyagainability: Unlikely

I'm glad that my $4 risk with the Pinkus Ur-Pils was not a bust. It's an OK beer, just not life changing for me. I will likely try other beers from them in the future, but if buying a pilsner, I'll probably go with Firestone Walker's Pivo or Foundry's PC Pils. Both are in cans and both suit my palate a bit more.

Bonus: Dog Helping Photos

Pinkus Pils - 1.jpg

Pinkus Pils - 3.jpg

Benny decided to help with shooting photos today :)

Volvo Intorqueo

I am partial to Czech beer.  In Russia I always looked for the Czech Budvar, which is the original Budweiser.  It's NOTHING like American Budweiser, which always gives me a headache.  Lots of legal battles over the years with the Budweiser brand name.  For a long time Anheiser-Busch could only sell in North America, but that's changed over the years.  I believe that the original Budweiser Budvar is sold here under the name Czechvar, but I haven't seen it.

• SPY VIP

I am partial to Czech beer. In Russia I always looked for the Czech Budvar, which is the original Budweiser. It's NOTHING like American Budweiser, which always gives me a headache. Lots of legal battles over the years with the Budweiser brand name. For a long time Anheiser-Busch could only sell in North America, but that's changed over the years. I believe that the original Budweiser Budvar is sold here under the name Czechvar, but I haven't seen it.

That is a great beer. Had it last time I was in Germany

Volvo Intorqueo

• SPY VIP

Howe Sound's King Heffy Imperial Heffeweizen

http://www.howesound.com/copy-of-our-brews

King Heffy - 3.jpg

A TASTE OF SUMMER. KING HEFFY IS BACK.

Brewed with Pale and Munich malted barley, white wheat and a German Hefe yeast that gives a unique banana, clove and vanilla aroma. This high gravity hefeweizen is a nice cloudy orange-yellow with spectacular head and traces of lacing here and there.

"Our Heffy has good carbonation and body, and even with its high gravity, remains smooth and refreshing to drink. It's a great brew for summer sipping!" - says Simon Jongsma, head brewer.

Alcohol Content: 7.7%

Bitterness Units (IBUS): 28

Color: Hazy Gold

Delivery System: Flip-top quart bottle.

WTF? Imperial Heffeweizen?

King Heffy - 1.jpg

To say that I've had quite a few beers is an understatement. I have new beer OCD, always seeking out an trying new styles and breweries, even at the cost of missing out on beers that I know I like. I'm a beer explorer at heart.

Rarely does a beer style take me totally by surprise, but that was the case when a colleague at work dropped this gift on me a few days ago. He had been vacationing around British Columbia this summer and came across Howe Sound Brewery. As any good beer-loving co-worker should, he brought me home a bottle of this Imperial Heffeweizen.

I've killed a heffe or two in my time. I actually have heffe glasses from all of the breweries in Munich that I collected during a European tour back in 1985 at the ripe young age of 16. That being the case, the imperial adjective on King Heffy broke my brain a bit.

A heffeweizen should be anything but imperial in my mind. They are light, and make for excellent hot day quenchers. ABV is usually low, and thus dropping a few won't put you in the bag in the early afternoon. Don't say “like Blue Moon”, or we will have issues. A real heffeweizen has so much more flavor and drinkability than that big beer, mass-market bullshiesse.

Back to Howe Sound, these magnificent makers of madness have decided that the lightweight heffeweizen needed a big kick in the ass and as such, we get this relatively massive imperial heffeweizen.

What should one expect from a brewery that also makes a Megadestroyer Imperial Licorice Stout? (That one is delicious BTW).

DRINKABILITY: Damn Dangerous

This beer is smooth, rich, and dangerously drinkable. You get the strong flavors from the hefe yeast, backed up by a denser malt profile that you would find in the usual heffeweizen. It's downright delicious.

It also comes in a nice quart bottle. More beer is always good, right? Be forewarned that you will want to drink all of it. It is that good. Cool thing is that the bottle has a flip top, so you can pour a pint, and then seal it up back in the fridge until you are ready for your second.

King Heffy is a tasty beer. I'm enjoying it immensely as I'm writing this, and I'm sure that the quart will be killed off this evening. There is no way that I am not going to finish this beer. It's excellent.

King Heffy - 5.jpg

GOLFABILITY: King Heffy May Crown You

Hot day drinkable may be the best way to describe King Heffy. I would love to pop one of these on the course, returning it to the cooler in between ingestions. Though it's an imperial heffeweizen, it's still has that quench of a heffe, and it's a refreshing drink. No big beer bloat with King Heffy.

Make no mistake though; it is a big beer. At 7.7% ABV, this beer could be a round wrecker. You kill that quart on the front nine and you'll be looking for cart gal digits. Don't do that. Bad form bro...

King Heffy - 4.jpg

Buyagainability: You Bet

King Heffy - 2.jpg

If I see King Heffy here in NorCal, I'm buying another for sure. It's a great beer and I'd love another one or two to close out the hot summer months. Fingers crossed that I can find it since I did find the Megadestroyer a few years back.

Thank you Howe Sound for making a beer that pushed by beer-knowledge envelope. I love surprises, especially tasty beer surprises.

Volvo Intorqueo

Mr. GolfSpy Dave Dude -

Sorry, but .. I don't like Heffys, I don't like Sours and I do not like any sort of fruit in my beer at all, BUT .. .. I do very much like the passionate and prosaic way in which you describe all of those new treasures!!!

Thanks for all your "hard work" ;) in bringing us all this great new brew news each week!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

• SPY VIP

Mr. GolfSpy Dave Dude -

Sorry, but .. I don't like Heffys, I don't like Sours and I do not like any sort of fruit in my beer at all, BUT .. .. I do very much like the passionate and prosaic way in which you describe all of those new treasures!!!

Thanks for all your "hard work" ;) in bringing us all this great new brew news each week!

Thanks for the kind thoughts and keep trying the sours. One day you'll embrace the funk

Volvo Intorqueo

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't tried any new style beers lately .. just a few new-to-me IPAs .. but thought I'd "refresh" this thread with a bit of beer humor.....

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Haven't tried any new style beers lately .. just a few new-to-me IPAs .. but thought I'd "refresh" this thread with a bit of beer humor.....

attachicon.gifIMG_20170909_132001619.jpg

I like it!   Sounds like Cliff Claven's Buffalo Theory on Cheers!   ... and that's why we think we are smarter after a few beers.

• 1 month later...

Dave... Dave... where are you?

I bought the Elysian Brewing Co. Dagonstooth Stout last spring, put it in the back of the fridge, then promptly forgot about it!!  I was at the golf course most of the morning until a rain shower came through, so I headed home.  I was looking for something to drink when I ran across this 22 oz bottle.

IMG_0807.jpg

The Elysian Dragonstooth Stout is an Imperial Oatmeal Stout.  It pours a deep, midnight black with a light tan head and smells of coffee and dark chocolate.  It's very drinkable with an ABV of 8.1% and IBU of 56.  It's not heavy; perfect for this cold, rainy day.

Elysian Brewing Company operates 4 neighborhood restaurants and a production brewery in Seattle, WA.  I haven't been there, but it's on my list now.  

• 4 months later...

Dave... Dave... where are you?

I bought the Elysian Brewing Co. Dagonstooth Stout last spring, put it in the back of the fridge, then promptly forgot about it!! I was at the golf course most of the morning until a rain shower came through, so I headed home. I was looking for something to drink when I ran across this 22 oz bottle.

attachicon.gifIMG_0807.jpg

The Elysian Dragonstooth Stout is an Imperial Oatmeal Stout. It pours a deep, midnight black with a light tan head and smells of coffee and dark chocolate. It's very drinkable with an ABV of 8.1% and IBU of 56. It's not heavy; perfect for this cold, rainy day.

Elysian Brewing Company operates 4 neighborhood restaurants and a production brewery in Seattle, WA. I haven't been there, but it's on my list now.

That looks like a beer I would love. Definitely going to keep an eye out for it.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk