TESTERS WANTED! ×

Dave's New Brew Thursday

GolfSpy Dave

Sorry, I should have posted this in the Car Thread.

Nah.. beer and cars go together! Like beer and women. Like beer and golf!

Were you tempted to splurge on the Challenger SRT?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Nah.. beer and cars go together! Like beer and women. Like beer and golf!

Were you tempted to splurge on the Challenger SRT?

The Challenger's trunk is slightly smaller and shaped differently from the Charger, so no.  I thought I might like a 2-door, but I have grown really fond of having those extra doors for access.  The R/T is pretty good for power, but the car is heavy.  It still handles a lot better than an SUV.  The SRT would have been nice in the Charger, but I would be trading a few mpg for the few extra hp. The SRT wasn't on sale like the R/T, and the Hellcat wasn't available yet.   On the highway if I don't push the speed limit too much, I have gotten over 26 mpg.  Not as good as the V-6 model, but close.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

attachicon.gifLemon Pie Beer - 1.jpg

Strong American blond ale brewed with graham crackers and lactose, and fermented with vanilla beans and fresh local lemon juice.

6.5% ABV

We live in a time when craft beer should be creative, exciting, and delicious. Enter the Curiosite' Series; an exploration of beautiful ingredients and flavors that pair with the season. Indulge in the one-of-a-kind, farm-to-glass creation.

attachicon.gifLemon Pie Beer - 2.jpg

This week's beer is not so much a go find this beer suggestion as it is a go and find new beer mandate. Odds are, you actually have very little chance of finding New Glory's Lemon Meringue Pie Specialty Ale. It's a limited run beer, and New Glory is a small local brewery here in Sacramento.

The point of sharing this beer with you today is hopefully motivate you to seek out the amazing beer options that are likely right around the corner from you. There are small breweries everywhere these days, and many of them are making excellent beer. This beer happens to be in a can, but some of the countries finest microbrews are only available at the brewery taproom.

That seems like a drawback, but actually it's part of the fun. You get to go on an adventure, seeking out the new brewery in your town. You get to support a local business, and add a new watering hole to your arsenal. Win and win.

The other point of today's beer is to encourage you to try random beers. Get outside of your comfort zone and order something that you are just not sure about. You'll either have your hesitations confirmed, or discover a whole new world of beer.

attachicon.gifLemon Pie Beer - 3.jpg

Quick Cool Story Bro moment: A few years back, I was down in SoCal with a friend and we decided to hit a brewery called The Bruery for a few beers. They had a special sour flight on the menu, and having never had a sour, I decided to give them a shot. Turns out, I love sour beers. Like, really love them. Wife is not a fan, but often times I'll now choose a sour over any other styles. This is especially true if I'm out at a new brewery. I love to see what the different brewers come up with.

So today's mission for you is simple: Find a new brewery, and drink a beer you are not sure you'll like.

Now on to the Lemon Meringue Pie Special Ale

DRINKABILITY: Interesting...

I know that Kennedy said that the phrase “May you live in interesting times.” represented an ancient Chinese curse. (Fun Fact: No source for the statement was ever uncovered in Chinese history. FAKE NEWS!)

I bring this up because interesting is the first word that comes to mind as I drink this beer. There is a lot going on. You definitely get the lemon, and a creamy mouth from the lactose. Vanilla plays around in the mouth for quite a while after the gulp is gone. Along with the vanilla is a lingering sourness from the lemon.

New Glory's Lemon Meringue Pie Specialty Ale is a beer that lives on the fringe of the beer landscape, and for that alone, I'm happy to put it in my belly.

GOLFABILITY: Questionable

Golfability is a two-fold category. First, would you enjoy drinking this as you play, and second, would drinking this put the stink eye on your golf performance. 

I can see New Glory's Lemon Meringue Pie Specialty Ale finding it's way into the golf cooler. 6.5% ABV is golf friendly, as long as you don't go too hog wild with your pie eating.

My only hesitation is that the beer has a level of richness that may not meet the required level of quench on the course. I'd actually go with New Glory's Key Lime Gose for links libations. Gose goes with golf for sure.

Buyagainability: Maybe

New Glory's Lemon Meringue Pie Specialty Ale is a tasty beer, and I respect the experimentation that went into it, but I don't know that I'd seek it out again. In the spirit of the style, I'd probably seek out something else random on the tap list.

New Glory Brewery: HERE

I've got a four pack of those in my fridge right now! New Glory has been putting out some fantastic stuff recently. The did a couple runs of a Key Lime Pie beer that preceded this and is among the best "food" beers I have ever head.

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

• SPY VIP

Anchor Brewing's Los Gigantes Mexican Lager

https://www.anchorbrewing.com/blog/anchor-brewing-teams-up-with-san-francisco-giants-for-second-collaboration-beer-release-los-gigantes/

LosGigantes - 1.jpg

We're very excited to announce our second limited edition collaboration brew with the San Francisco Giants, Los Gigantes, a crisp, clean, and crushable Mexican style lager.

Baseball and San Francisco have gone hand in hand for more than 100 years. With roots that date back to the California Gold Rush, Anchor is intrinsically tied to the city and has been enjoyed by Giants fans for decades. Anchor Brewing and the Giants have been official partners since 2011, combining two quintessential San Francisco traditions: Brews and Baseball. Los Gigantes was inspired by the vibrancy and diversity of the city and Giants' fan base.  An easy-drinking beer, it is the perfect ballpark brew, combining a light maltiness with crisp, refreshing flavor.

“Los Gigantes is a San Francisco Giants nickname known and loved by many fans,” said Anchor Brewmaster Scott Ungermann. “We knew it would be a perfect complement to this Giants-inspired Mexican style lager. The beer's recipe combines a blend of 2-row pale malt, flaked maize, and Cluster and Tettnang hops.  The result is a crisp, refreshing lager that is light and easy-drinking.  It's the perfect choice for game day or any fiesta that comes your way.”

Los Gigantes is the second release in a series celebrating the long-standing partnership between Anchor Brewing and the San Francisco Giants.  This year's Mexican lager is the perfect ballpark companion for all 9 innings.

Los Gigantes arrives in select markets just in time for the 2017 Major League Baseball season on draught and in 12 oz. and 16 oz. cans, marking Anchor's first ever release of 16 oz. cans.  The packaging boasts a strikingly unique Los Gigantes design that Giants fans will come to know and love. The beer is available at select bars, restaurants, and stores in Northern California, Nevada, and Hawaii, as well as at the Anchor Brewing Taproom and Anchor Brewing Beer Garden at The Yard in San Francisco. Find Los Gigantes using the Anchor Beer Finder.

Bro, wait, what?

Did you think that it was time to go all dank because it was 4/20? If you are looking for something that direction, scroll back to the Waldos Special Ale review. Fun fact, if you check in Waldos' today then you can earn a special badge in Untappd.

Rather than go for another non-golf-ready hop bomb, this week I sought out something that would be cooler friendly. Something refreshing, that won't leave you sideways by the back nine. Something like a nice Mexican lager!

While the sometimes-snobbish craft beer community looks upon many Mexican lagers with distain, there are actually couple of breweries out there making pretty good ones. 21st Amendment in the SF area makes one, as does America's Oldest Craft Brewery, Anchor Brewing in San Francisco.

Los-Gigantes-Field-landscape.png

Anchor Brewing has been around for a while, with their Anchor Steam beer being one of the original bright points in the sea of big beer blah. Funny to think that only a decade or two ago, the beer landscape was very different. The Bud/Miller/Coors folk ruled the roost. Drinking an Anchor Steam was fringe activity.

Anyway, they have been around since 1886, and in recent years they too are expanding out their repertoire of beers. Even the old dog is getting into new tricks beer. Like, perhaps, a Mexican Lager.

DRINKABILITY: Refreshingly...

I generally like Mexican lagers, in the right situation. That situation is usually either when out for Mexican food, or when it's balls hot outside.

Winter is for dark and malty, and that is not this beer. Los Gigantes is a crisp and bright beer. It's a quick drinker, with nothing in the palate getting in the way of smooth, perhaps rapid consumption.

Side note: If you are a lime in the Corona guy, I'm not going to judge. I'm right with you there. Just adds a little layer of acid and sourness to the lighter beer. Squeeze away, we're cool.

GOLFABILITY: 100% Bring it along.

Golfability is a two-fold category. First, would you enjoy drinking this as you play, and second, would drinking this put the stink eye on your golf performance. 

LosGigantes - 2.jpg

Los Gigantes is only 4.5%, so feel free to have ten or twelve during the round. You'll be fine. OK, so that may be hyperbole, but this is a low ABV beer that can refresh with out wrecking. That's good golf beer.

It is also in cans, which is a plus. Good news in that a lot of the craft beer industry as a whole is switching to canning. This boosts golfability a ton, and makes it much easier to pack out empties from all events. I CAN handle that.

Buyagainability: Likely

As a Giants fan, I can see myself buying this just to watch games. Yes, I do sometimes put on my jersey when I watch games at home too. Lighten up Francis. I just told you that your lime in the beer was cool; give me some jersey slack.

Los Gigantes is a solid summer beer, and I can see it getting into poolside rotation. Yet another advantage of the can. 

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Long time fan of Anchor Steam!

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

• SPY VIP

Picked up some Dogfish 120 and World Wide Stout

Had world wide but not the 120 yet. Gotta find that one. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Volvo Intorqueo

Wasn't sure whether to.post this in the "What/How'd ya practice today?" or in here.......

image.jpg

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

• SPY VIP

Revision Brewing's What What DIPA

http://revisionbrewing.com

Revision What What - 1.jpg

Can I get a What What? What? Yep, you heard right. A collection of C hops and a dash of Equinox create waves of hop flavor and perhaps a bit of a smackdown over a lightly sweet malt backbone. Sniff. Sip. Sniff. Sip. Sniff. Sip. Dang, all gone. What I say?

ABV:  9.1%

IBUs:  85

Available Soon in: 22oz “Bomber” bottles, 12oz bottles, 12oz cans

Even though many of you have never heard of Revision Brewing, I bet that quite a few of you have sampled Jeremy Warren's brews before. If you have ever had a beer from Knee Deep Brewery in Auburn, CA, then you have had a taste of Jeremy's touch. The big deal with Knee Deep was that their Hoptologist DIPA actually beat Russian River's Pliny the Elder in head to head competition. That is no small feat, especially for a brewery that started as the dream of a homebrewer.

A few years ago (timeline fuzzy) Jeremy left Knee Deep and went off into the new brewing direction that has become Revision Brewing. What What DIPA is one of the first new beers that they are rolling out. And I do mean new. Their grand opening celebration is actually next weekend.

If you are near Sparks, NV you should really be heading there. If I wasn't in Stockton, CA already for a rugby tournament (watching, not playing), I'd be joining you there.

One of the most promising things about Revision is that there beers have exploded through the stores here in NorCal, and hopefully that trend will continue so that you can try one soon. I'll be seeking out them all ASAP.

Check HERE to learn more about the history of this new brewery.

DRINKABILITY: Stealthy Perfection...

Some West Coast double IPAs are pretty damn bland these days. I don't mean that they are lacking the expected bitterness and hoppyness, rather it's the lack of distinct identity. You could blind taste a bunch of them and have no clue which one you are drinking.

Such is not the case with What What. This beer is a unique take on the double, or at least one that I've not encountered before. First descriptive word is balanced. It's just the ideal mix of hop and malt, neither on overpowering the palate. What impresses me the most is the cleanness. Mouth-feel, finish, and aftertaste are all so clean. Nothing lingers that shouldn't. So satisfying. It's super easy to slip into that next sip, or bottle.

GOLFABILITY: HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa

What What may be the worst beer to take golfing on the planet. Seriously, do not bring this to the course if you expect all of your golf software and hardware to stay online. It's won't.

Don't for a second think that this beer would not be enjoyable on the course, it would be perfect, and that's the problem Some evil genius at Revision decided to put this beer into 12oz cans, making it ideally golf portable. Don't let that fool you. This is not a golf beer.

The issue is that it is so amazingly drinkable and that the 9.1% alcohol is totally below the radar. I can see myself thoroughly enjoying a can of this as I walk the course, perhaps enjoying it so much that I pop a second. There's the problem. It's so drinkable, that you will keep drinking it. This may be the stealthiest beer I've ever had. No clue of the alcohol until you are making bad decisions.

One 9.1% beer and my game is likely on the decline. Two of these and I'm blasting the Pussycat Dolls out of the UE BOOM and yelling “What's Up Sexy?” at random other foursomes.

What What is a golf No No

Buyagainability: Already did!

I'm actually already on the second 4-Pack of What What. I know that it's all about waiting until Thursday for new beers, but this one needed to be consumed immediately, and bought again.

I'll be loading the fridge with What What this summer, as well as other Revision beers I bet. While I'm not golfing with What What, it will be with me at the pool, the lake, mowing the lawn, walking the dog, painting the house, playing cornhole, and all other non-golf activities.

Keep making beers like this Jeremy, and I'll keep drinking them.

Volvo Intorqueo

Mr. GSD:

You are the consummate wordsmith, Sir!

Cheers!

So... I will not attempt to match that, but relate more simply...

My beer tonight was:

Radiant Pig Gangsta Duck

No foolin'.

IMG_20170427_174608579.jpg

(Montauk is another NY craft brewer, on the East End of Long Island)

Bartender described it as.. "Somewhere between a pale ale and an IPA". And that kinda nailed it.

Smooth, hoppy but not overly so, a little bitter but not too much, nice color but not too light nor too dark, slightly aromatic but not too much, definitely above middling on the ABV rating but not killer.

Overall:

The great American compromise!

(ie. a little something in there for everyone and not too much of any one thing to offend anyone)

Very, very drinkable (yes - had three to make sure I got it right ) and I put it on the top of the DrinkAgainAbility scale.

No idea about BargainAbility .. it was happy hour, and my honey had a few glasses of wine and we shared a bunch of happy hour appetizers .. and the bartender comp'ed me one for "being patient"

But definitely not GolfAbility .. not specifically a hot day thirst quencher and a little too strong to suck down and continue to play. But an excellent 19th Holer!!!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

I bought a six of Lagunitas Censored: Rich Copper Ale Thursday after work. A nice balance of caramel and malt going on with this one. At 6.7% I suppose it wouldn't be considered "golfable" unless you kept it to one every 9 holes. 

YEAH, MALT!!

BTW, I have never tried a DIPA

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

OK, it's Tuesday but it's a day that also starts with "T" and ends in "_day"... :)

So.....

Flying Dog Imperial IPA

IMG_20170502_175142041.jpg

@KennyB - I know you're a part of this thread so..

1. Try this!

2. Do you know the name of the label artist (without looking it up)?

Flying Dog, in MD, has several really excellent brews (and each with its own fun label).

Hadn't seen this particular one before so - in addition to now expanding my IPA repertoire to include Imperials and Imperial Stouts - gave it a try.

Good choice on my part!

All the requisite qualities one would seek out in a classy Imperial; very, very tasty .. not too bitter, not too hoppy .. and very, very drinkable

Another not-golfable beer, though:

8.7 ABV

And - if you haven't been reading the labels on the bottles or cans of craft brews, you should as the Brewers have taken to adding little tidbits such as...

IMG_20170502_181821578.jpg

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

OK, it's Tuesday but it's a day that also starts with "T" and ends in "_day"... :)

So.....

Flying Dog Imperial IPA

attachicon.gifIMG_20170502_175142041.jpg

1. Try this!

Flying Dog, in MD, has several really excellent brews (and each with its own fun label).

Hadn't seen this particular one before so - in addition to now expanding my IPA repertoire to include Imperials and Imperial Stouts - gave it a try.

Good choice on my part!

All the requisite qualities one would seek out in a classy Imperial; very, very tasty .. not too bitter, not too hoppy .. and very, very drinkable

8.7 ABV

And - if you haven't been reading the labels on the bottles or cans of craft brews, you should as the Brewers have taken to adding little tidbits such as...

attachicon.gifIMG_20170502_181821578.jpg

Looks like a Picasso.

I looked up Flying Dog and they aren't out here in the Northwest.  One of my wife's good friends owns a winery here in Washington Wine Country called Sleeping Dog.  What is it with dogs and alcohol?

• SPY VIP

So.....

Flying Dog Imperial IPA

thanks for the tip

Love the brewery but have not had this one. They make an excellent oyster shell stout if I recall correctly

Volvo Intorqueo

Looks like a Picasso.

I looked up Flying Dog and they aren't out here in the Northwest. One of my wife's good friends owns a winery here in Washington Wine Country called Sleeping Dog. What is it with dogs and alcohol?

Kenny - for whatever reason thought you might recognize the label art .. it's Ralph Steadman (if you're​ familiar with Hunter S. Thompson?).

But, yeah - dogs and beer, dogs and wine .. dogs make themselves welcome everywhere (unlike cats who can be a bit pickier, I guess...).

So never sure with these craft brewers how large their distribution .. and production .. are. But sounds like you have PLENTY of great selections out there on your side!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

thanks for the tip

Love the brewery but have not had this one. They make an excellent oyster shell stout if I recall correctly

Huh! Haven't seen that one; hafta look.

So if it has oyster shell in it, then it's good for you, right?

(- extra calcium and whatever other good nutrients... )

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

thanks for the tip

Love oyster stout!  Thanks to @westy.

So.....

Flying Dog Imperial IPA

IMG_20170502_175142041.jpg

1. Try this!

Good choice on my part!

8.7 ABV

IMG_20170502_181821578.jpg

I've had this before (seeing that I live in Maryland). Pretty good IPA!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

• SPY VIP

21st Amendment Brewery's Brew Free! Blood Orange IPA

http://21st-amendment.com

BrewFreeCollage.jpg

Four hop varieties and seven blood oranges ago, our founders brought forth in this brewery, a new beer, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that not all IPAs are created equal. Because sometimes, real fruit just makes things even more delicious.

Blood Orange Brew Free! is brewed like our original west coast style Brew Free! or Die IPA, but with an abundance of fresh blood orange puree and a twist of citrusy dry hops. Refreshingly different. As Abe would say, “Whatever you are, be a good one.”

• Alcohol Content: 7%
  • Color: Deep Gold
  • Bitterness Units (IBUS): 70
  • Bittering Hops: CTZ
  • Flavor Hops: Centennial, Citra
  • Yeast: Top Fermenting Ale Yeast
  • Malts: Two-Row Pale, Munich, Caramalt 
  • Special Ingredients: 100% Fresh Blood Orange Puree

Making a solid IPA different, but still solid

That's probably my simplest take on today's beer. As a NorCal resident, I've had access to and have been enjoying the beers from 21st Amendment Brewery for a number of years. Initially, I probably became aware of them because in a sea of bottles, their beers were in cans. This was long before the current cans are cool movement too. Craft in cans had to overcome the crap comes in cans stigma of the day.

As soon as you start drinking their beers, you know that 21st Amendment doesn't make crap beer, canned or otherwise.

The progenitor of this beer, Brew Free! Or Die IPA is already firmly in my beer rotation, particularly in the summer when cans at the course, lake, and pool are most welcome. Often times I'll stock the cooler with their mixed 12-pack, since Back in Black IPA, Down to Earth Session IPA, and the new-ish El Sully Mexican lager are all solid beers, and activity friendly.

Rip open 12-pack, add ice, done. Happy 4th of July partying.

Needless to say, I always check the shelves for new beers from them, and for the arrival of the various seasonal cans Marooned on Hog Island is amazing! Thus it was a zero second decision to grab the sixer of the Blood Orange Brew Free! IPA

BrewFreeBO - 4.jpg

DRINKABILITY: Bloody Good...

First of all, don't start to freak out that this is a fruit beer. Besides, stigmas surrounding fruit beers should be fairly well dispelled these days as brewers are deftly adding all kinds of stuff to beers, like fruit, and producing solid products. Fruit is not added to hide crappy technique, but to expand the palate possibilities.

This beer actually had a lot going against it since there is a local Sacramento brewery that makes a blood orange IPA that is not only one of my favorite IPAs, but one of my favorite beers, period. That's Track 7 Brewery's Blood Transfusion for the curious.

Aaannnnyyyyhoooo, even with that high standard, I was impressed by Brew Free! Blood Orange IPA. It retains the great taste of the original, but ventures into a deeper land of citrus. I wouldn't say it's sweeter or anything like that, but it does fit the trendy descriptor of “juicy” quite well.

The citrus complements the hop bitterness nicely and overall makes this a balanced IPA.

GOLFABILITY: Moderation Suggested

BrewFreeBO - 3.jpg

Take this beer to the course, but maybe not the whole six-pack. First of all, this beer just screams drink me on a hot afternoon! It is probably going to crack 100F here in Sac soon, and I'll be packing some of these in the golf cooler.

Some is the key word. Drinkable or not, it still packs a 7% ABV, which can get golf a little shaky. Perhaps mix in some of their session IPAs and your cooler game will be set. And stay away from golf machinery.

Buyagainability: Once again, Already did!

Six-pack number two of Brew Free! Blood Orange has already made it through check out. I went back a few days after getting the first one just in case this was a seasonal offering. Thankfully, according to the 21st Amendment site, this beer is now on the year round list, so you should be able to get it when needed. Did notice that He Said He Said is not under the seasonals. Hopefully that one comes back.

Regardless, this can will be added to the cooler this summer for sure.

Find out more about 21st Amendment Brewery HERE

Volvo Intorqueo

Golf Spy Dave, what part of Sacramento are you in? Let me know if you ever want to do a "New Brew Thursday" with another Sac Town Spy!

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

• SPY VIP

Golf Spy Dave, what part of Sacramento are you in? Let me know if you ever want to do a "New Brew Thursday" with another Sac Town Spy!

Sounds like a plan. Tend to frequent 19 Handles. I'll shoot you a message when I next get a hall pass.

Volvo Intorqueo

• SPY VIP

Have you tried Back in Black?  I haven't seen that one yet, but I keep looking.  

Probably my favorite black IPA. It's a tough style, where you can error too bitter or too malty. Balanced, refreshing, but with more body than the norman IPA. Bet you will like it.

Volvo Intorqueo

Tonight I found a beer that I've been looking for since I first tried it in 2014... DuClaw Hell On Wood. It's a Bourbon barrel aged American Barleywine style ale.

This stuff is just fantastic! The 2017 release is 13.1 ABV.... so, definitely NOT golfable...lol. Drinkability is easy, in fact, too easy. You could get in trouble quick with this one! It's a sipper, not a guzzler.

Would I buy it again? Right after work tomorrow I'm getting another six of it! This stuff is truly unique..... there isn't anything out there that I've had that is like it. Vanilla, caramel, burnt sugar, citrus, malty and surprisingly not much Bourbon noticeable.

Kenny.... I know you aren't an IPA fan so, this one is for you! If you can find it, it's definitely worth the $16.99 price.

https://duclaw.com/beers/hell-on-wood/

Sounds like a plan. Tend to frequent 19 Handles. I'll shoot you a message when I next get a hall pass.

Right on, that's about 500 feet from my buddy's house!

21st Amendment Brewery's Brew Free! Blood Orange IPA

I've enjoyed their Brew Free Or Die IPA. Based on your enthusiastic .. and quite elegant ;) .. review I may have to try this one....

Great South Bay, here on Long Island, has a Blood Orange that I've not .. yet .. tried -- guess I will have to!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

IMG_0444.JPG

Going with this limited can release from Bike Dog and Hop Dogma, "MC Brambles". It's a stout with raspberry and cocoa nibs. Very mellow, the raspberry is understated and almost gives it a root beer like flavor.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy