Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What's the last full price club you purchased?

hckymeyer

I agree... and wasn't implying that. But, sometimes there may be a scratch or scuff somewhere that bothers you; my question was more about filling those in or painting them.... some people may not care, but if you get a great deal on a club and the only thing wrong with it is a pop-up mark on the crown then do you buy it and fill it in? and if so, with what?

I've heard of sharpies, model car paint, etc.... just curious what other people might use.

I try to get pictures or see them in person. I have a local store that has a lot of used clubs so I have a chance to try and see condition. I shy away from ebay and buy through places like 3balls and callaway preowned. From those sites I have typically gotten better than advertised condition.

I have bought touch up paints and used sharpie to hit chips or marks on clubs. There area companies that sell ouch up paints that matches the manufacturers colors. Look at golfpaint.com. I haven't used any from them but many years ago I bought some titleist touch up paint that worked well

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree... and wasn't implying that.  But, sometimes there may be a scratch or scuff somewhere that bothers you; my question was more about filling those in or painting them.... some people may not care, but if you get a great deal on a club and the only thing wrong with it is a pop-up mark on the crown then do you buy it and fill it in?  and if so, with what?

I've heard of sharpies, model car paint, etc.... just curious what other people might use.

A few seasons ago I gamed a Nike Covert Pro. Shortly after getting the driver I mishit it and scuffed the top of it. Through looking around online I actually found a company that matches and produces touch up paint specific to OEM/driver color just for that purpose. I don't remember the name of the company, but I know I found it on eBay. Best part is that it worked!

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

A few seasons ago I gamed a Nike Covert Pro. Shortly after getting the driver I mishit it and scuffed the top of it. Through looking around online I actually found a company that matches and produces touch up paint specific to OEM/driver color just for that purpose. I don't remember the name of the company, but I know I found it on eBay. Best part is that it worked!

These things are oddly intriguing....

IMG_2371.JPG

IMG_2370.JPG

Still think we need to get these made up with the MGS logo...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

did a search for golf touchup paint on the bay and found this...

it is a g10 for 40 bucks...

Sweet

sweet.jpg

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

These things are oddly intriguing....

attachicon.gifIMG_2371.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2370.JPG

Still think we need to get these made up with the MGS logo...

I want the bottom two on the left. Please and thank you.  :D

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

For all you "used club buyers"....is there anything specific that you do to clean up/fix up the clubs you get? Fill in scuffs with Sharpie or anything?

Sent from my LG-D851 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I will weight them up for me and change the grip if needed. Now I have been known to change out a shaft if I liked the head to begin with. With wedges I may make loft and lie changes especially loft to maybe alter the bounce some to my liking. Putters I pay special attention to and actually add some loft since I forward press quite a bit but my club mods would be a thread within itself. I have also been known to take a file and or grinder to a wedge. Far as cosmetic naaaw

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

did a search for golf touchup paint on the bay and found this...

it is a g10 for 40 bucks...

Sweet

attachicon.gifsweet.jpg

In this case if I liked it I would hit it with sandpaper and use Duplicolor auto touch up paint in the spray bomb and go for it

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

A few weeks back right before Hogan closed up I ordered a tk15 wedge worth every bit of what it cost.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Last club I paid full price for was a Mizuno/Bettinardi BC-7.  Had to order it special to get 35" with the 355g head.  

Lines aren't quite as good as some of the BB2 models.  But it has slightly less offset, which I do like.  

Tour Issue Callaway GBB Epic Sub Zero 9° / Graphite Design P9003 TX  OR  Tour Issue Taylormade M1 430 9.5° / Graphite Design P9003 TX                        

Tour Issue Callaway XHot 3 Deep 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX                    Tour Issue Callaway XHot 3 Deep 13° / Project X T1100 95g 6.5

Tour Issue Titleist 915Hd 17.5° / Graphite Design DI-105 X                                Tour Issue Callaway BB Alpha 815 18° / Graphite Design DI-105 X

Scratch AR-1 v2 3-PW / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7                                        Raw Bridgestone J15CB 3-PW / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7

Scratch FIT 54°DS and 60°DS / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7                            Bettinardi H2 Forged 54° and 60° / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7        

Rotating 8802 style putters

Archived