Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Great Fitting Experience

Samson

After having my fitter sell me a set of Srixons based on dispersion and included shaft and grip upgrades - I had a driver fitting today. At the end of it he recommended that I keep my 3 year old driver head and make a 200$ shaft swap. I am absolutely blown away after all of the demo days and 700$ price tags I have been shown. It was very refreshing to see someone not push the newest and shiniest.

If you happen to be North of the Border near Calgary, Alberta - check out Simply Golf - one of the most positive purchasing experiences I have had in any industry.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Thanks for sharing! Here's to a great season with that driver.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Low when that happens, what setup did you have and what is the new shaft recommendation?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Low when that happens, what setup did you have and what is the new shaft recommendation?

I had been playing a Cobra FlyZ+ with a stock project x 6.5 60g. Super forgiving but rarely straight. Misses are slices or straight pulls

Swung 10 different combinations and found that the Speed Rulz Type C in an 80 gram gave me a very tight dispersion-l with a very predictable 2-8 yard draw. Biggest difference was that I was finding the sweet spot consistently.

Fitter is going to tip some high end Diamana shaft to try side by side with the Speed Rulz - but he says he prefers the Speed Rulz.

Super cool. I'm hoping to get a driver fitting from 2nd Swing once (if) my back heals up- played all last year with no real gamer, just rotated through old ones​ I had laying around... Really hope my swing and swing speed comes back or maybe improves with the ​stretches and yoga. (Sorry if I hijacked this thread!)

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

That's great, same here still using the FlyZ+.

Have only changed the shaft too.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

• 2 weeks later...

Super cool. I'm hoping to get a driver fitting from 2nd Swing once (if) my back heals up- played all last year with no real gamer, just rotated through old ones​ I had laying around... Really hope my swing and swing speed comes back or maybe improves with the ​stretches and yoga. (Sorry if I hijacked this thread!)

Going to check out the new Club Champion Center in Richfield tomorrow -- I'll report back.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Well... The shafts were great - if only I hadn't cracked the face of my Fly Z+......

Hate it when that happens!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Head cracking sucks. Had it happen to my white 12* SLDR. After much work and a fitting the 2017 M1 is the only thing I have found to come close.

It sure does suck, and here I thought I was ready to go for the season.

Archived