Project X driver shafts

JimboJettGolf

Hit the Black in 6.5, 75 grams. Shaft is a low launching low spinning monster, so I can only imagine how the T1100 is. I ultimately settled on the Fuji Pro Tour Spec X at 73 grams (very stout and ridiculously low spinning), but maybe I should have gone with the Hzrdus black. I'm always tinkering with the driver so I may try to pick up a black 6.5 at 65 grams. 

Driver:     TM M5 Tour, Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65X

Fairway:   Callaway XHot Pro 3Deep 14.5*, UST Proforce V2 Tour 86X tipped .5"

Utility:      Tour Issue Adams IDEA Pro Black 18*, Aldila RIP Alpha 105X  (snagged this from a rep off the van and I'll never take it out of the bag)

Irons:       Mizuno MP-H4 3I, DG X100         Mizuno MP-59 4-PW, DG X100

Wedges:   Mizuno MP-T4 50*, DG S400       Vokey Spin Milled 55*, 60*

Putter:     Custom Evnroll ER2 Heavy

Ball:        Snell MTB-X

Bag/Cart: Ogio Itza/Clicgear 3.0

(I'm a bit of a ho and have a large closet worth of various other gems)

Rookie - OK, so after having it pointed out to me, I think I better understand your beef.

Apparently, you're saying this particular discussion is only for PX shafts and is not an open discussion and therefore, it is assumed that anything I say, is specifically in regards to their shafts? Not true on my end, I was unaware of this and was having a general discussion, not related to any other brand, hence my statement about your response not having anything to do with what I had posted.

It was pointed out to me that I should start a new thread specifically for Penley. OK, I will start a new topic where questions can be asked and a friendly, positive discussion can be had.

Thanks

Hmm I've been interested in the yellow, love the look.

I've just never gotten along with the older project x graphite shafts and the feel has always been kinda meh. But I'm a believer of their iron shafts.

Which of these would feel or perform closest to the kuro kage silver tini? Or the motore speeder 7.2 tour spec?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Currently playing the yellow 6.5 65 in driver, but I go back and forth between that and the black. Both have significantly helped with my control. Used to play the graffaloy blue in an X, but the ball flight was so low that I wouldn't get any roll. I do notice the flight difference between the yellow and black, with the yellow have a much higher launch. Could just be me seeing how the specs are nearly identical between these two. Really wanted to see how the red performs in a fairway wood, but currently playing the PX LZ 6.5 75 in a fairway and feel it's much softer, not as boardy. I would compare the shafts to diamana's line. The kaili plays like the yellow and the ahina/whiteboard plays like the black. Just my two cents though, overall I highly recommend trying these shafts if you can find them for a good price!

Also, be very careful about the flex you choose. I've seen some people get the 6.5 with smooth swing speeds and hit 3/14 fairways. I would say you have to be pretty aggressive or have a quick tempo to play the black, yellow is a tad more forgiving due to the increased flight.

RookieBlue7...obviously, I was speaking to those that aren't but say they are, not those that are.

I don't see how your response has anything to do with my statement. Nothing you said pertains to what I said. What is your purpose in making that statement? Trying to twist a statement to make it something it clearly isn't, is not a good look, wondering what the motive is?

What you said also has nothing to do with this thread. It is not cool to try to plug your product in another discussion. Why don't you start your own thread about your shaft rather than hijack a thread about something that has nothing to do with you.

What is the logic on no longer offering 7.0 and 7.5 flexes?  And are heavy shafts going the way of the dodo bird?  Even the 75g might be too light for me.  

Tour Issue Callaway GBB Epic Sub Zero 9° / Graphite Design P9003 TX  OR  Tour Issue Taylormade M1 430 9.5° / Graphite Design P9003 TX                        

Tour Issue Callaway XHot 3 Deep 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX                    Tour Issue Callaway XHot 3 Deep 13° / Project X T1100 95g 6.5

Tour Issue Titleist 915Hd 17.5° / Graphite Design DI-105 X                                Tour Issue Callaway BB Alpha 815 18° / Graphite Design DI-105 X

Scratch AR-1 v2 3-PW / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7                                        Raw Bridgestone J15CB 3-PW / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7

Scratch FIT 54°DS and 60°DS / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7                            Bettinardi H2 Forged 54° and 60° / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7        

Rotating 8802 style putters

What is the logic on no longer offering 7.0 and 7.5 flexes? And are heavy shafts going the way of the dodo bird? Even the 75g might be too light for me.

They still have the 7.0 but there are few places that can get them. I was asked if I wanted 6.0, 6.5 or 7.0 in the T1100 as well as the HZRDUS red when they were sending one out for review. So I know those two are available in 7.0 at least from the SD facility.

• Like 1

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Currently playing the yellow 6.5 65 in driver, but I go back and forth between that and the black. Both have significantly helped with my control. Used to play the graffaloy blue in an X, but the ball flight was so low that I wouldn't get any roll. I do notice the flight difference between the yellow and black, with the yellow have a much higher launch. Could just be me seeing how the specs are nearly identical between these two. Really wanted to see how the red performs in a fairway wood, but currently playing the PX LZ 6.5 75 in a fairway and feel it's much softer, not as boardy. I would compare the shafts to diamana's line. The kaili plays like the yellow and the ahina/whiteboard plays like the black. Just my two cents though, overall I highly recommend trying these shafts if you can find them for a good price!

Also, be very careful about the flex you choose. I've seen some people get the 6.5 with smooth swing speeds and hit 3/14 fairways. I would say you have to be pretty aggressive or have a quick tempo to play the black, yellow is a tad more forgiving due to the increased flight.

Hmm, the yellow is like the kai'li?

Just another reason I got to try them out, I don't have a "smooth swing" per say, but I love the kai'li especially in a fairway wood.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome work James!

You're killing this YouTube thing man. It's pretty cool to see you connect the dots with something more approachable for "shaftoids" out there compared to how Crossfield presented this a few years ago. What I find interesting is that you BOTH made very similar points, but I think the delivery is different. Huge fan of both of you though. Keep up the good work man!

• Like 1

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.