TESTERS WANTED! ×

HZRDUS RED VS T800

djahubes

Looking for some advice on subject shafts. Have the stock 55 gram 6.0 T800 in the GBB epic. Getting solid numbers, but have the opportunity to pick up a HZRDUS Red 65 6.0 on a trade. Not sure if it will be beneficial. Swing around 105 mph on average with a 250-260 carry, 270-280 ish with rollout. Thanks for the help, know the guys just tested the lineup

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• SPY VIP

How much more do you think the shaft will give you? I'd kill right now for 270-280 off the tee... How's accuracy?

Hitting the two side by side is key, if possible. Don't overlook the extra weight in the Red. Could improve accuracy, but hurt speed. Or not. Really seems to depend on the person in some of these shaft absolutes. I swing the 60g faster than the 50g. Probably a tempo thing :)

I am on the edge of Epic buying myself, but I'm going Fuji Pro for the shaft. I like the weight and the numbers are better than the T800 (which were also good). Once I can firmly dismiss the SubZero, or not, then I will probably be ready to buy.

Anyway, my non-fitter self would say that switching shafts could be a good or bad thing.Try to hit both if you can, but also know that you can probably re-sell the Red pretty easily if it doesn't perform.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

How much more do you think the shaft will give you? I'd kill right now for 270-280 off the tee... How's accuracy?

Hitting the two side by side is key, if possible. Don't overlook the extra weight in the Red. Could improve accuracy, but hurt speed. Or not. Really seems to depend on the person in some of these shaft absolutes. I swing the 60g faster than the 50g. Probably a tempo thing :)

I am on the edge of Epic buying myself, but I'm going Fuji Pro for the shaft. I like the weight and the numbers are better than the T800 (which were also good). Once I can firmly dismiss the SubZero, or not, then I will probably be ready to buy.

Anyway, my non-fitter self would say that switching shafts could be a good or bad thing.Try to hit both if you can, but also know that you can probably re-sell the Red pretty easily if it doesn't perform.

I was fitted for the Fuji Pro.  Sleeper shaft IMHO.

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Love the HZRDOUS Red.

I game them in my 3W and 5W and they just feel... Amazing!

Comparing it to the T800 is difficult for me since I haven't had a chance to hit it, but compared to the HZRDOUS Yellow the Red is a little softer, smoother and higher launching than it.

That being said the spin numbers are still moderately low and the launch is somewhere around medium.

I hit the HZRDOUS Red and Yellow back to back in the same driver head and saw somewhere around 2 degrees lower launch and 400-500 RPM's lower spin out of the Yellow.

Hope that helps!

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Archived