Strength - Pitching up to 15-30 yards + Distance/Spin control from 60-75 yards

Best set would be:

50/SS -.75"

54/SS -.75"

58/TS -.75"

DG-S300 Shafts

Color Code: Gold

Grip Color Code: Aqua

Have really wanted to game a Ping Wedge, however, I couldn't find a local fitter this past year that worked with my schedule. However, I do still have an Eye 2 wedge.. there's just no grooves left :-)

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello Everyone!   After a long labor of love all day today, myself and the members of the MGS Forum staff have selected our four testers! Congratulations to the following!   StrokerAce   MGoBlue

(4) TESTERS WANTED   PING Glide 2.0 Wedges     Can PING's new wedges change your short game?   For most golfers, the search for a new short game begins and ends with Vokey, Cleveland or Callaw

Wow what a great crew of testers!  Congrats and looking forward to reading your reviews...   StrokerAce   MGoBlue100   Aliens8mycow   MmmmmmBuddy     ​​Just goes to show that being acti

Posted Images

Bastian
Hometown / State: Idstein, Hesse, Germany
Strengths: Getting out of Sand around the Green, Weaknesses sometimes Choke on Easy Chips

Set 50 SS, 54SS, 58ES

AWT 2.0 Wedge Shaft +1"
Color Code Maroon ++
Grip Dyla Wedge Gold

Name: Chris

Hometown: Boston, MA

Strengths: tight chips/flops around the green

Weaknesses: 3/4-full wedge shot distance control

Set 50/SS, 56/SS, 60/TS (left hand)

Project X 5.5  (+0.25")

Color Code: Green

Grip Color Code: White

Your first name

Wes

Hometown/State/province

Fishers IN

Strength & weakness of your short game

Honestly...not much. Short game is my main strength (+3 handicap) if anything id say @ 90-100rds. Do I play the 58 or the 54?

The PING Glide 2.0 specs for a 3-wedge set that best fit your game

58 TS (ill grind and bend to 56)-DG X100

54 ES (ill grind)- DG X100

50 SS- DG X100

Driver: 917D3 with Whiteboard 70x & Epic SZ (shaft testing)---Need help
Fairway Wood: 917F3 with 80X Whiteboard, Testing Epic SZ 3w as well (shaft testing)---Need help

Hybrid: Titleist H2 19* w/ Whiteboard 90x

Irons: Miura/Steel Fiber 110

Wedges: Titleist SM5 56, SM6 52

Putter: Bettinardi Queen Bee #6

Ball: ProV1x/Callaway Chrome

Name: Greg

Hometown: Wilkesboro, NC

Strengths:  Wedge Play.  Over 50% of practice time is spent on wedge play and controlling distance from 35 to 100 yards.  Presently, was fitted and use the Ping Glide ES 56 degree Sand Wedge, Green Dot, Nippon Stiff shafts that match the Ping I irons that I was fitted for. 

54 ES Green Dot- Nippon Stiff Shaft 

56 ES Green Dot- Nippon Stiff Shaft

60 ES Green Dot- Nippon Stiff Shaft

Dan

Seattle,WA

Having a rough time in the wet weather with some fat shots right now and would love something with some better turf interaction, hopefully the GLIDE lives up to it's name! I am pretty good around the green chipping with my 54, solid out of the bunker with my 58

I'd like 50, 54, 58, black dot, midsize NDMC, probably S300? Curious what shaft would be best, playing s55's now with ZZ65 and i like em but not sure if they would work with the wedges

John

Chandler, AZ 85249

Strength full wedge shots

Weakness short chips, getting the ball to stop

WS 52, SS 60, SS 56

DG S300

WITB: 

TM 2017 M1 440 w/ Aldila Rogue Silver X

TM 2016 M1 15* 3 Wood w/ Aldila Rogue Silver X

TM 2016 M2 4 Rescue Hybrid w/ Aldila Rogue Black S

TM PSi Tours P - 3i (One too many clubs :D ) w/ DG Tour Issue X100

Titleist SM6 60,56,52 w/ DG Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

TM Spider Tour Red

Titleist 14 way bag  :)  :)

Everett

Melbourne/FL

strengths: consistent contact and trajectory control around 25 and in.

Weakness: variable spin numbers, 40-70 yard range control issues, and the occasional steep shot

50/SS

54/SS

58/TS

dynamic Gold X100

Ping 5L cord

First Name: David

Hometown/State: Brighton, MI

Strengths: Ball flight control, distance control

Weakness: Spin control on green side pitches

As a guy who has been a "traditionalist" with equipment, I've always stuck with something until it truly got worn out.  And anyone who sees my bag knows I am not one to just fill it with the same brand, I really test things to find what I like.  These new Ping wedges have really piqued my interest because of the new groove concept and the sole grinds look awesome.  I would be thrilled to give these things a real "test drive" as play multiple different courses every year and a few tourneys.  I'm extremely detail oriented on all my clubs and the opportunity to dial in all the specs on these wedges would really allow me to provide top notch feedback.  I would take very tedious notes, photos, and even some videos of the performance of these wedges.  I would take them to all different lies, turf conditions, and shot flight options.  I'm the exact kind of tester you guys are looking for.

Ping Wedge Preferred Specs

50*, SS, 1* flat, DG S-300, Ping Cord Grip +1 wrap on bottom hand, D4 SW, std length

54*, SS, 1* flat, DG S-300, Ping Cord Grip +1 wrap on bottom hand, D4 SW, std length

58*, TS, 1* flat, DG S-300, Ping Cord Grip +1 wrap on bottom hand, D4 SW, std length

Thanks so much for considering me for this guys, as a new member this is a pretty sweet offering.  I'm looking forward to everything this site has to offer.

Cheers

- Burk

Adam Lucas

Bay Shore, NY 11706

Strength: Chipping, Greenside, full wedge shots

Weakness: 40-65 yd shots

Preferred specs

50* SS - KBS 130x standard LLL

54* SS - KBS 130x standard LLL

58* TS - KBS 130x standard LLL

Midsize lamkin crossline

best,

AL

Mike Webster

Las Vegas Nevada

Been trying to find a place to hit these other than an indoor mat Would like to get back to Ping Wedges. Wore out my old MB's and try to go Vokey,  Never been able to find consistent feel and distance control.  Added Ping tour gorge 58 and it has been wonderful. No handicap but average score 82-84. Strength bunker and 90 - 100 yards, Weak inconsistent 75-80 yards Obviously need new.

50ss, 54ss, 58ws  Yellow dot Orange grip 12 inch long

Jeff

Saratoga Springs, NY

Strengths: Chipping and pitching within 20 yards and bunker shots

Weakness: 50-100 yards

Ping Specs:

Model: Glide 2.0

Color Code: Green

Shaft; XP 95  S300

Length: Standard

Grip: Dyla Wedge

Grip Color Code: Aqua

DAVID DISON                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               ELKMONT, ALABAMA                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 weakness- putting fast greens and checking short chip shots                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 i would love to try this wedges . i love ping clubs. i am getting older now need all help i can get.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 50ss-52ss-54ss---kbs tour metal standard specs                  

Justin

Chicago, IL

Biggest Issue:  Consistent flighting and spin on delicate shots

3-wedge set:  50/SS; 56/SS; 60/TS

Driver:     :taylormade-small: M1 430 9.5*, Project X Hzrdus Black 6.5

Hybrids:   titelist-small.jpg  913Hd, 18*; Diamana D+ 92x

Irons:    :taylormade-small: RSi TP 4-PW; TTDG Tour Issue S400

Wedges:  titelist-small.jpg Vokey SM6, 50*, 55*, 60*; TTDG Tour Issue Onyx S400

Putter:   :cameron-small:  Futura X5; 34"

Ball:   :taylormade-small:  TPX; TP5X

Casey

Rockville, MD

Strength: Flop shots

Weakness: 110-75 yard shots/Sand

52ss/56ss/60ss

Color Code

Green

Shaft

XP 95

Flex

S300

Length

+0.25"

Grip

5L

Grip Color Code

Red

Bryan pool

Strengths is ability to put get it in the air and put spin on it to stop it from 50-110

Weakness would be shots that I need to keep low or chip shot and release to the hole right around the green.

52ss 56ss 60ss, +1 inch, true temper r300, grip +1/16 inch, currently a green dot with my ping irons

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Bryan Pool

Ping G20 Driver

Bombtech hybrids

Ping G20 green dot irons/wedges

Cleveland Huntington beach 6 putter