Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Bridgestone Launches "The Herd" Ad Campaign

From the InBox today....

Bridgestone is launching a new Tiger-centric ad campaign called "The Herd." I like the idea and the concept - it's an sound marketing message, but Tiger's health issues are taking a serious bite out its effectiveness, for the near term, anyway...

Bridgestone Golf Debuts ‘The Herd' Marketing Campaign Featuring Tiger Woods

(COVINGTON, GA) â€“ Bridgestone Golf â€“ innovator of premium golf balls, clubs and accessories – is amplifying its aggressive messaging with a new national marketing campaign featuring Tiger Woods that highlights the performance benefits of its products over other brands.

Titled “The Herd,” a unique series of commercials on NBC/Golf Channel and across the web depicts the “herd-mentality,” common among consumers with notions that the best golf ball is the one played by the most Tour players. In contrast to this groupthink, the Bridgestone Tour B330 Series is touted as being 44% straighter and 6.9 yards longer than the Titleist ProV1 Series**. The spots are on Bridgestone Golf social channels and can be accessed here: http://bit.ly/2mpfRbo.

More than 75 extras participated in the filming in South Africa, representing a mass of humanity scavenging a golf course for the most popular ball on Tour. What they find is Woods – who switched exclusively to the Bridgestone B330-S in December – hitting a tee shot while the narrator proclaims “you can't beat the pack by playing the same ball as the pack.” It concludes with the new slogan: “Dare to be better, Dare to Bridgestone.”

“The imagery and language are bold, powerful and communicate how golfers need a break-away-from-the-pack mentality to gain a true competitive edge,” says Corey Consuegra, Senior Director of Marketing of Bridgestone Golf. “This is our first broadcast spot featuring Tiger Woods, the perfect iconic figure to carry the message.”

Woods signed a multi-year agreement to play and promote Bridgestone's high-performance balls, selecting the Tour B330-S after thoroughly testing it against competing models from all major brands. Through his personal research, he determined the Bridgestone ball provided superior distance and accuracy off the tee for him, as well as optimal spin on shots into and around the green.

Additional “break-a-way-from-the-pack” leaders include FedEx Cup champion Brandt Snedeker, Olympic bronze medalist Matt Kuchar, Masters winner Fred Couples, three-time major champion Nick Price and young phenoms Bryson DeChambeau and Hudson Swafford.

The catalyst for distance and accuracy gains is the patented TOURcore (B330 & B330-S) and AMATOURcore (B330-RX & B330-RXS). Now six percent larger than the prior model, it produces even faster speed and less spin off the driver via Bridgestone's gradational core formulation. For increased greenside control, the B330 Series wears the breakthrough SlipRes cover, which increases stopping power without the usual negative effects of added driver spin.

*Straighter claim and distance claim based on Bridgestone Golf ball fitting data of 13,434 fittings from February 2015 – September 2016. Actual results may vary. **Titleist ProV1 is a registered trademark of Acushnet.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I like the aggressive marketing, but tough to have Tiger as your spokesman when he can't play. Since there are rumors that Bridgestone actually made Tiger's Nike golf ball, that would be a fun little to bit of advertising, if it were true

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

I like the aggressive marketing, but tough to have Tiger as your spokesman when he can't play. Since there are rumors that Bridgestone actually made Tiger's Nike golf ball, that would be a fun little to bit of advertising, if it were true

Bridgestone manufactured all of Nike's balls for many years. I'm probably wrong but I think they stopped doing it around the RZN time. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

No rumors - Bridgestone did manufacture Nike's balls in the early days. They were Nike designs but Nike had them made in a Bridgestone factory.  Lots of folks take that little factoid and conclude that Nike balls were, in fact, Bridgestone balls and that Nike didn't actually design their balls, but that's missing the narrative.  Some of TaylorMade's balls are made in part by Nassau, but that doesn't mean they're Nassau balls -- TaylorMade designs the balls, Nassau makes the balls.  Same with Nike and Bridgestone back in the day.

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

No shot that is Tiger's swing.....the ball landed in the short stuff :)

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Embedding the video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqHPiDR1yw8

It's a cool commericial, but it basically says "play what our pro play's, not what their pro's play"  It's still not really putting the consumer first.

Edit:  Well, tried to embed the video.  Not sure it's working.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I don't think the guys around here have much of a herd mentality if you axe me. Especially with balls...

Snell, Ksig, Vice, MG just to name a few....

Lots of other balls played here too....

I play many different brands-balls. Titleist, TaylorMade, Wilson, Bridgestone, Ksig, MG, Snell. It all depends what hits me on a given day. They all play equally well for me.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I don't think the guys around here have much of a herd mentality if you axe me. Especially with balls...

Snell, Ksig, Vice, MG just to name a few....

Lots of other balls played here too....

I play many different brands-balls. Titleist, TaylorMade, Wilson, Bridgestone, Ksig, MG, Snell. It all depends what hits me on a given day. They all play equally well for me.

I think what the regular player looks at is price. But when those smaller companies are close to the same as lets say last year's Nike or Taylormade, the average player will buy the brand name ball. That is why the K-Sigs were so popular because they were so cheap compared to even last year's brand name balls it made total sense to buy them

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Embedding the video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqHPiDR1yw8

It's a cool commericial, but it basically says "play what our pro play's, not what their pro's play"  It's still not really putting the consumer first.

Edit:  Well, tried to embed the video.  Not sure it's working.

I haven't been able to embed videos since the website changed.  I thought that was on purpose since no one mentioned it.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

This might be an interesting year for Bridgestone.  I thought the Tiger signing was a gamble, and if he doesn't play this year, it could be a bust.  Sneds is playing OK but not to his FedEx Cup year level.  Kuch is pretty steady but hasn't sniffed a win yet.  Freddie is a bright point so far, but the Champions Tour doesn't bring the same level to endorsements as the PGA.  The young guys are interesting, but until they step up and compete on the weekend in big tournaments, nobody will notice.

The video is entertaining but somehow using Tiger to say their balls perform better is well... not believable.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Video shows up in the app, but not the desktop version. Odd...

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• 2 months later...

Well, since Bridgestone isn't getting anything from Tiger this year, they decided to sponsor Cheyenne.  Keeps it in the family...

Bridgestone Golf has signed Cheyenne Woods to an undisclosed multi-year contract to play and promote its golf balls, the company announced. Woods, a third-year LPGA player, is the niece of 14-time major champion Tiger Woods. She intends to play the Tour B330-RX ball.

Well, since Bridgestone isn't getting anything from Tiger this year, they decided to sponsor Cheyenne. Keeps it in the family...

Bridgestone Golf has signed Cheyenne Woods to an undisclosed multi-year contract to play and promote its golf balls, the company announced. Woods, a third-year LPGA player, is the niece of 14-time major champion Tiger Woods. She intends to play the Tour B330-RX ball.

I would think they would want to sign someone more in the top 10 or 20? She's 245 in the Rolex rankings.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder