TESTERS WANTED! ×

Has anyone surveyed to find how many posters have demoed PXG using Trackman versus their own sticks? I think that would be particularly interesting as there are so many negative views. The value debate is fascinating especially if you have not hit them. If they are not remotely in the budget I get the resistance on that basis. I fitted for them against a custom set of TM PSI Tours (Nippon X 130). The gains on well struck balls were significant but frankly the mishits (distance and dispersion) were also tighter. I certainly don't get paid and I did purchase the clubs.

Interested in debates on performance and value not caddy comments about price.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

David Taylor

StealthPlus2 Driver and 3W

Paradym 5-A

Taylormade High Toe 54, 58

Ping Oslo putter

ProV1x

I don't have any negative views on the clubs. I've never hit them either. I played with a guy in a TGA event last summer that had a set of the irons. This guy is a scratch player and has always hit everything he owned dead in the screws. He said he liked the PXG irons but didn't say much else about them. Personally, I doubt I'd pay that much for a set of irons. Just not my thing. I have a custom fit and built set of Wishons I absolutely love. All told they weren't cheap but not over-the-top. Just more expensive than OTR clubs by probably 30% - 40%.

If I were in the market for a new set of irons I think it'd be worth my time to at least have a look.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Nothing against PXG per se, but ultimately they don't offer anything extra or offer a quality that the price tag would suggest. Which begs the question: why not just buy something half the price for the same performance? 

Unfortunately, most people (especially in the US) tend to associate cost with performance (like a car or watch perhaps?) when it comes to golf equipment - and this is a complete myth. 

So PXG want to spend a fortune on R&D and tooling? Great - just don't expect me to share their corporate vision.

..............I have only seen 1 set of PXG's at a course in Vegas, other than that its a Golden Unicorn.

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

..............I have only seen 1 set of PXG's at a course in Vegas, other than that its a Golden Unicorn.

Golden Unicorn haha  :lol:

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

I have only seen Rocco Mediates when I was the standard bearer for his group and a couple of the LPGA players.

I have tried the driver and a wedge at the MGS labs. Wedge was nice driver was lacking. Hoping they actually get a set of irons for the most wanted testing so I can hit them myself.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Personally, it wouldn't matter if they were the greatest clubs in the world, the wife is not going to agree to the home equity loan it will take to buy them.

I was once told that the higher the price of clubs, the more they are made for more capable golfers.  The theory was that one willing to spend more on their sticks, have achieved some sort of game.  I don't know if that is true, but if it is,  my game deserves cheap sticks.

Poor country boy and these are definitely out of reach for me ....

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I have only seen Rocco Mediates when I was the standard bearer for his group and a couple of the LPGA players.

I have tried the driver and a wedge at the MGS labs. Wedge was nice driver was lacking. Hoping they actually get a set of irons for the most wanted testing so I can hit them myself.

Its probably the only set in Yorktown, possibly Hampton Roads ...

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Poor, divorced (paying alimony) small city boy.... nuff said!  ;)

Won't be drinking no Pappy no time soon huh buddy? Heck I'm pretty happy with some Jim Beam Black or Jack Daniels Whiskey.

Cleveland

Won't be drinking no Pappy no time soon huh buddy? Heck I'm pretty happy with some Jim Beam Black or Jack Daniels Whiskey.

Truth be told.... Pappy is good, but the hype doesn't support the truth or the price of it. Its a very small quantity produced every year that is allocated frugally to a small percentage of states. Most of it goes to restaurants that charge upwards of $300 a pour.

Back in the day, I used to buy Pappy 15 for $40 - $50 a bottle. Now, if you can find it, its $300 - $500 a bottle. No thanks! Not only that, but since all the Stitzel Weller juice is gone, It aint what it once was.

If you like Tennessee whisky, give George Dickel #12 a try..... if you haven't. I think you will give up the Jack...lol. On a side note..... I love Jack Daniel's Single Barrel!

Truth be told.... Pappy is good, but the hype doesn't support the truth or the price of it. Its a very small quantity produced every year that is allocated frugally to a small percentage of states. Most of it goes to restaurants that charge upwards of $300 a pour.

Back in the day, I used to buy Pappy 15 for $40 - $50 a bottle. Now, if you can find it, its $300 - $500 a bottle. No thanks! Not only that, but since all the Stitzel Weller juice is gone, It aint what it once was.

If you like Tennessee whisky, give George Dickel #12 a try..... if you haven't. I think you will give up the Jack...lol. On a side note..... I love Jack Daniel's Single Barrel!

George Dickel is some good stuff and yea I'm betting you and I could sit down and talk some serious war stories over a pour or two of JD single.

Cleveland

Tried both the 0311 and 0311t irons.  Definitely not my bag, baby.  0311 had wayyyyy too much offset.  0311t was tolerable, but still had too much bounce.  Turf interaction was horrible, but I've never liked Pings for the same reason.  And when you use former Ping designers, they tend to make similar decisions.    

Performance wise, I'm not a fan of a hollow bodied, hot faced iron.  This includes the Titleist T-MB, which I also tried.  Both had the same hollow, tinny feel that didn't give feedback on how well/poorly you struck them.  

I'm sticking with blades and CBs that are 100% forged carbon steel.  I love the feedback and appreciate a good sole grind that allows you to execute a variety of shots.  

Tour Issue Callaway GBB Epic Sub Zero 9° / Graphite Design P9003 TX  OR  Tour Issue Taylormade M1 430 9.5° / Graphite Design P9003 TX                        

Tour Issue Callaway XHot 3 Deep 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX                    Tour Issue Callaway XHot 3 Deep 13° / Project X T1100 95g 6.5

Tour Issue Titleist 915Hd 17.5° / Graphite Design DI-105 X                                Tour Issue Callaway BB Alpha 815 18° / Graphite Design DI-105 X

Scratch AR-1 v2 3-PW / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7                                        Raw Bridgestone J15CB 3-PW / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7

Scratch FIT 54°DS and 60°DS / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7                            Bettinardi H2 Forged 54° and 60° / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7        

Rotating 8802 style putters

Archived