Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Poll: What To Bring To Florida?

What to Bring To Florida???  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Driver/FW/Hybrids (pick one from each category)

• Driver: Nike Vapor Flex 440 - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec Shaft
    • Driver: Nike Vapor Flex 440 - Stock Diamana shaft
    • Driver: Srixon Z 565 - Stock Miyazaki shaft
    • Driver: Srixon Z 565 - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec shaft
    • Driver: Srixon Z 565 - Paderson Kinetexx IMRT shaft
    • FW: Callaway Big Bertha Mini Driver (11*)
    • FW: Ping Stretch G (12-14*)
    • FW: Tour Edge E10 (15*)
    • Hybrids: Hogan VKTR (17*)
    • Hybrid: Hogan VKTR (21*)
    • Hybrid: Srixon H65 (19*)
  2. 2. Irons & Wedges

• Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V6 (4-PW or GW)
    • Irons: Hogan PTx (25-29-33-37-41-45-49*)
    • Irons: MacGregor Tourney VIP 1025CM (3-PW)
    • Wedges: Cleveland RTX-3 (52-56-60)
    • Wedges: PING Glide (52-56-60)
    • Wedges: Callaway Mac Daddy PM Grind (56-60)
  3. 3. Putter

• Edel Willamette
    • Cobra Bobby Grace Cute Kid
    • Mati Mamo
    • Edel Torque Balance

Snell MTB

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

End of the day, with plenty of time left to vote...

Driver: looks like a clear win for Srixon - The Paderson shaft has a decent, but not insurmountable, lead over the Fuji.

FW: ABC News is projecting the Tour Edge Exotics e10 as the winner in the blowout

Irons: Huge lead for the Wilson V6's over the Hogan PTx's and the sentimental favorite MacGregor VIP Tourneys - but the election panel may have something to say before all is said and done.

Wedges - tight race between the Clevelands and PINGs, with the RTX-3's holding a slim lead

Putters: This looked like an Edel Willamette runaway but it's getting tighter -- two way Edel tie between the Willamette and the Tourque Balance - but the Mati Mamo and Cobra Bobby Grace Cute Kid are still in the picture, and may have something to say about this before all is said and done.

Balls-- 1 vote for Bridgestone and one for Snell.  We'll see how this plays out.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Anything other than the Snell...because that's what I'm using.

Then again, yours don't have a kangaroo stamped on them. :D

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Ball = Snell

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Okay, so I played 18 with the bag that's currently in the lead - and it didn't go well.  

Z-565 driver with Paderson shaft is meh -- the Miyazaki is legit good. Will try the Fuji next. 

Up and down with the TE 3 wood - needs work. Hit some nice shots with the Srixon hybrid, except for when I didn't, and iron play was so-so.  

Tried the PING wedges today - short game needs serious early season work and if the Edel Tourque Balance putter wins, I'm going to Florida without a putter!!!

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Seriously, I can let you try the E6 EVNROLL while you are playing with me.....cause I won't let it out of my sight!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Okay, so I played 18 with the bag that's currently in the lead - and it didn't go well.  

Z-565 driver with Paderson shaft is meh -- the Miyazaki is legit good. Will try the Fuji next. 

Up and down with the TE 3 wood - needs work. Hit some nice shots with the Srixon hybrid, except for when I didn't, and iron play was so-so.  

Tried the PING wedges today - short game needs serious early season work and if the Edel Tourque Balance putter wins, I'm going to Florida without a putter!!!

Suck it up!  Play with the results of the poll, or what's the point of the poll.   :P

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Suck it up!  Play with the results of the poll, or what's the point of the poll.   :P

All right, all right -- I'll bring the Paderson, but I reserve the right to swap out the shaft mid-round.  

We can discuss the irons, but if that Torque Balance putter gets on the plane, I won't!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

After this week's fitting at the new Club Champion in Minneapolis, we've come to some conclusions....

1. Srixon driver with the stock Miyazaki shaft is tough to beat. Went head to head with the Epic with MANY different shafts, and Z-565 cleaned its clock. It's in the bag!

2. PING vs Tour Edge head to head - PING set to 14* with an ACCRA shaft was the clear winner - I have an ACCRA shaft, just waiting on the adapter to get here. It's coming to Florida.

3. We learned very quickly that the AWT shafts in the Wilson's were spinning WAY too much for me. This fitting confirmed what the last couple of fittings showed, I'm a C-Taper guy all the way, so I'm going to need to get those reshafted if they're going to make the grade.  So logic says the Hogan's should be in the bag, but the MacGregors performed well too, despite the Rifle 5.0 shafts. Still undecided, but leaning toward the MacGregors largely because I'm feeling nostalgic.

4. For wedges, it's a tossup between the Clevelands and the PINGs - I'm leaning PING because I like saying "hydrophobicity."

5. Putter - The Bobby Grace designed MacGregor mallet was a total eBay impulse buy. I cut it down an inch and put on a new Super Stroke grip and so far, so good. Looks like it will make the traveling team.

6. Balls - leaning Srixon right now - will probably wind up bringing a hodgepodge and seeing what happens.

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

After this week's fitting at the new Club Champion in Minneapolis, we've come to some conclusions....

1. Srixon driver with the stock Miyazaki shaft is tough to beat. Went head to head with the Epic with MANY different shafts, and Z-565 cleaned its clock. It's in the bag!

2. PING vs Tour Edge head to head - PING set to 14* with an ACCRA shaft was the clear winner - I have an ACCRA shaft, just waiting on the adapter to get here. It's coming to Florida.

3. We learned very quickly that the AWT shafts in the Wilson's were spinning WAY too much for me. This fitting confirmed what the last couple of fittings showed, I'm a C-Taper guy all the way, so I'm going to need to get those reshafted if they're going to make the grade.  So logic says the Hogan's should be in the bag, but the MacGregors performed well too, despite the Rifle 5.0 shafts. Still undecided, but leaning toward the MacGregors largely because I'm feeling nostalgic.

4. For wedges, it's a tossup between the Clevelands and the PINGs - I'm leaning PING because I like saying "hydrophobicity."

5. Putter - The Bobby Grace designed MacGregor mallet was a total eBay impulse buy. I cut it down an inch and put on a new Super Stroke grip and so far, so good. Looks like it will make the traveling team.

6. Balls - leaning Srixon right now - will probably wind up bringing a hodgepodge and seeing what happens.

Make sure you update your signature!   :lol:

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Make sure you update your signature!   :lol:

Why bother? It'll probably change again by tomorrow!!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I'm worried about the turf interaction of the MacGregors on Bermuda grass.  There, did I put so doubt in your mind?   :ph34r:

"Oh Danny, tanks fur nuttin!!!!"

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Archived