TESTERS WANTED! ×

GirlyGolfer/Delila - My experience having a custom cover made

JudgeSmails

So I wanted to get a custom headcover made for my precious putter, here is my experience...hope you enjoy

First, my putter…...about midway through 2015 season, my putting sucked and I needed a changed.   I had never had a ‘high-end' milled putter, and figured it was time to see what all the fuss was about.  So I bought a Scotty Cameron Fastback Select.    My putting got IMMEDIATELY better and the lover affair with my beautiful putter began.   I had never putted better in my life, of course it's the indian, not the arrow, but I love the feel, the alignment and the confidence it gave me.   Between me and my regular golf partner (Josmi15), it became known as “Little Scotty”  (its a scotty cameron and my name is Scott, it made sense)

20170316_160918-1.jpg

So this off season, I wanted to get a new cover for it, but couldn't find anything I liked.   Then it hit me, Little Scotty has earned a custom cover!   

As you know, there a many places offering this service now, and for the most part, the prices are all pretty similar and they all do great work.  So how did I choose GirlyGolfer?  Well, it might seem like a little thing, but they are the only ones that offered a magnetic closure.   Everyone does velcro, and I much prefer magnetic, so why not?

So then I needed to decide what I wanted on this custom cover.  I came to the conclusion, that if I was going to do this, why not create my own golf logo?   I mean, all the pro's have it, why shouldn't a random 10 hcp have one too.   So the first order of business was to create my logo, it needed to be something unique to me.  Since I am folically challenged (yeah, bald), I always wear bucket style hats for golf, it gives much more sun protection for the head and neck,  and the less sunscreen I have to apply the better (I'm also extremely white). So it has kind of become ‘my thing', since I don't really see anyone else wearing them on the golf course.   So I decided to incorporate a bucket hat and my initials.  I pulled up some clip art on the internet to get some ideas, then sat down to draw a bucket hat for a logo.  I am in no way artistic, but the logo you will see was completely hand drawn, by myself.  Long story short, I probably drew about 50 hats, scanned them into the computer and finally settled on one.  Then, I did my initials, again, hand drawn as I would initial a document or something of that nature.  After many, many examples, I settled on one and then combined it with the hat in MS Paint.  So the log you see was completely free hand drawn, and I love the way it came out and that it's not computer generated, other than combining the 2 components.

Logo999.JPG

The next thing I did was fire off an email to GirlyGolfer/Delilia, to make sure this logo would be something she could put on a headcover, and she responded quickly and politely, that it was totally doable.

Now the process actually begins.  First off, you go onto her website, choose the cover you want to have built:  The size/type of cover, exterior color, interior and closure color and thread color.  You do not add your artwork at this time.   The $25, that you pay through PayPal is a deposit, and when she has you design done and is ready to build, she will invoice you the remaining cost.  She was very nice about giving me an estimate through email, that what I wanted would end up in the $60 to $70 range.  Which I was fine with.

Capture.JPG

A few days after placing the deposit, I get an email from her, asking for my artwork/design.  They have a little template on their website, that I saved into Paint, and pasted my logo and the lettering of how I wanted “LIttle Scotty” printed.   It is quite easy to do, but if you can't, she is more than happy to work with you.   

Putter Cover2.png

So now the waiting game began.  Delila does every headcover herself, and there is about a 6-8 week wait time.    

After about 6-7 weeks, I get an email from Delila, she has the proofs for my headcover!  She has given me 2 options and a price for each.  I should also state, you are not in any way bound by what you choose in your deposit, up until she makes it, you can change anything you want.  I was very happy with both proofs, but chose the slightly more expensive option, where the logo is filled in with stitching, I think it ‘pops' a bit more.  So I told her I'd like Version 2, she said she would be building it in a couple of days, and send me a paypal invoice for the remainder, which I promptly paid.  She emailed me back and said she would let me know when it's ready to ship, estimated a couple of days.

Capture1.JPG

v1 Scott Romines.JPG

v2 Scott Romines.JPG

So now she emails me a couple of days later, says it is shipping the NEXT DAY! And sends pictures of the finished product.  I did not open the attachments, I wanted to be a little surprised when I opened the package…..

And HERE is the finished product…….

frc Scott Romines.JPG20170316_160739-1.jpg20170316_160810-1.jpg20170316_160752-1.jpg20170316_160854-1.jpg

I hope you all enjoyed my little story, of building a custom headcover with GirlyGolfer, from concept to finished product…..I can't recommend her enough, she was great to work with.

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

Very nice!

:cobra-small: Max Superlite 9.5* Driver   :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 10.5* Driver    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 16* 3 Wood    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 19* 5 Wood

:taylormade-small: Mid Rescue - 2, 3, 4, & 5 Hybrids     :taylormade-small: M2 - 6 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: 588 Altitude 7-PW    :cleveland-small: Tour Action 588 52* Gap wedge   :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 58* San wedge

:cleveland-small: Frontline Elvado Single Bend 33" putter (testing)                   

:MLA: Target Adixion 33" putter

:titelist-small:  Velocity Golf Balls

Very nice Judge. That is some very good work.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

I have toyed with the idea if a custom cover but can't come up with anything unique to me that I would want done. Maybe one day I will figure it out.

Thanks for explaining the process in detail and I love your logo!

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Cool!  A great gift for someone too.  

I like your custom drawing and think you made a good choice going with the 2nd option.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

I have toyed with the idea if a custom cover but can't come up with anything unique to me that I would want done. Maybe one day I will figure it out.

That makes for explaining the process in detail and I love your logo!

no problem, i figured others may have thought of doing this and were a little intimidated by the process, but she makes it super easy........if you want help designing something, I'd be happy to help.......also, mine is pretty simple compared to what she is capable of, encourage you to check out her page and view her galleries, may give you some ideas

Cool!  A great gift for someone too.  

I like your custom drawing and think you made a good choice going with the 2nd option.

Thanks!  I'm glad I did, it really makes the log 'pop' more, and it was only 10 additional dollars, if you're gonna do it, do it right

if you want help designing something, I'd be happy to help..

encourage you to check out her page and view her galleries, may give you some ideas

Appreciate the offer to help design something. My biggest problem I have no ideas for anything at all that would represent me. It is like tattoos, I cant come up with anything with a personal enough meaning to make it permanent.

I have looked at her site and was impressed with her work.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

awesome Dave!

Awesome looking head cover there, Your Honor...

Uhh, Dave, what's with the bloody gash on the smily face?

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• SPY VIP

Awesome looking head cover there, Your Honor...

Uhh, Dave, what's with the bloody gash on the smily face?

It's from the comic/movie The Watchmen. The character Rorschach was the inspiration. 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0409459/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Very nice!  I've got 2 blade style covers from her as well that I did a few years back.  The craftsmanship was fantastic and they've held up very well.

My only problem is that I've switched to a mallet putter now so the covers are sitting on backups in my putter bag.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

That's awesome! I was actually looking at something from her the other day. Do you know of the $25 is non refundable if you decided to go a different direction after the proof?

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

I got to tell you Judge.... that is some nice work. I looked on the website where they are made and everything looks first class.

If were to ever get in the mood for something like that I'd definitely give them try.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Very nice Judge!  Great work on both your part and her part.  I'd love to do that someday, but I have to find a different putter first.  If I put a nice cover like that on my putter, it would be like putting lipstick on a pig.  No offense to any pigs.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

That's awesome! I was actually looking at something from her the other day. Do you know of the $25 is non refundable if you decided to go a different direction after the proof?

i dont know that, i think the 25 kind of reserves your place in line

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

That was a great design Judge, hope it holds up well. Like you I prefer the magnet closure.

Not to intrude, but we have an MGS member that can custom make clubs.....AceGolf. His work is very nice.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Very cool Judge. Love the free style artwork and it looks freaking awesome. Gonna definitely look into designing my own logo too for my SC M2. Great write up as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

thanks guys......couldnt be happier how it came out

Hand drawn definitely makes it unique! Sweet cover!

I guess I now have to find a putter worthy of a custom cover!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I have several covers from Delila, they are all excellent. I need to get another one made that will fit both my Ketsch and Spider. I've been wanting to get in her shop and do an interview with her and take some pics of her setup.

that would be really cool......she is very close to you I believe

Closer than you know.......she's my cousins wife. Lol

small world....get me a discount next time