Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

My bag for the start of 2010.

I finally got around to snapping some pics for a WITB. It's cloudy out and the lighting is poor but you get the general idea.

witb8.jpg

As you can see in the pictures, my bag contains the following...

Driver: Callaway 9.5' FT-5 Tour N I-Mix w/Diamana WB 73 S

Fairway Woods: Titleist 13' or 18' 909F3 D3 w/Matrix Ozik Code 8 S

The driver is a stock I-Mix FT-5 with a Diamana WB 73. This will likely be replaced sometime in 2010 w/the new FT Tour (if the FT Tour proves to be a worthy upgrade anyway) or another "smaller" driver (never have been a huge fan of the 460cc heads).

The fairway woods have both been custom built starting with stock clubs from Titleist. Shafts have been spine aligned and play just a tad stiffer than "stock S-flex". The swingweights are set to D3 (4g of hot melt added to 18' for swingweight adjustment). The 18' fairway wood is my 15th club so it shares time in the bag booting either the 13' fairway wood or 3-iron depending on course, conditions, etc.

All of my woods are gripped with Golf Pride Tour Velvet Cords.

witb3.jpg

witb4.jpg

Irons/Wedges: Scratch TD SB-1 3-PW D/S D2/D3, 52' SND D4, 56' SFU D5 & 60' EGG D6 w/S300

My SB-1's were also custom built. Shafts in all irons and wedges have been spine aligned and are Dynamic Gold S300's playing true to flex. 3-9 irons swing at D2, the PW comes in at D3.

My wedges are also Scratch, this time from the Tour Department. Lofts, grinds and swingweights are indicated above. Later I spine aligned the shafts and adjusted the swingweights to my preference after coming from the Scratch Tour Department lighter than ordered (I ordered them as D4, D5, D6 and they showed up D2, D4, D4).

All of my irons/wedges are also gripped with Golf Pride Tour Velvet Cords.

witb5.jpg

witb6.jpg

witb7.jpg

Putter: Scotty Cameron 33" Studio Select Newport

My putter is an OTR Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport at 33" w/the red cord grip. Factory Scotty headcover has been swapped in favor of an Odyssey headcover since I really didn't like the added bulk or velcro found on the Scotty headcover.

I have two of these putters, one stays in the bag the other stays at home for practice around the house. The "gamer" is pictured below.

I love this putter but the graphics and extensive stamping annoy me to a point. As you could likely tell from the rest of my set, I like simple and clean. A more "traditional" satin chrome is just fine by me and I don't want or need a lot of stamping and graphics. Due to that rather small annoyance, I'll likely have a custom made at some point (Slighter, SSB?). Of course, if I do this, it will be clean w/very few markings. For now however, the Cameron sinks enough puts to stay in the bag despite the minor annoyance.

witb1.jpg

witb2.jpg

Well, that's my bag for the start of 2010.

I really love the irons man! The irons are awesome looking along with the wedges. How do you like the 909 F3? I have the 909 F2 and I absolutely love it. It is hands down one of the best fairway woods I have ever hit.

I really love the irons man! The irons are awesome looking along with the wedges. How do you like the 909 F3? I have the 909 F2 and I absolutely love it. It is hands down one of the best fairway woods I have ever hit.

Somehow I missed your post the other day... Whoops.

Anyway, I love the F3, both the 13' and 18'. I've always had difficultly keeping my fairway woods down in both height and spin. As a result, I've seldom carried carried a fairway wood, opting instead for a 2-iron. That all changed when I tried the F3 (with the correct shaft). For the first time I could keep the ball down. I love the F3, it's safe in my bag for some time to come.

Are those Scratch irons custom for you?? what did you have done??

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Are those Scratch irons custom for you?? what did you have done??

I did have them custom built for me. Not a lot of changes from what Scratch considers a OTR retail set. The grind is stock D/S throughout the set. Weights are D2 throughout save the PW which is D3. Length/lie varies from iron to iron but never varies by more than 1/4" or 1' from the OTR retail specs. All shafts have been frequency matched to the flex of my preference (slightly hardstepped from TT S300 standard specifications) and spine aligned. The customizations aren't major since I seem to fit the "standard" specifications quite well.

Scotty putter with an Odyssey putter? Malfeasance!

Perhaps. The Scotty cover looks good on my bookshelf though. If the Scotty didn't take up so much room in my bag, I'd go with it. The Scotty is HUGE though. I really like the Odyssey cover as well. It doesn't take up a whole lot of room in my bag, offers great protection and I strongly prefer the magnetic closure. I wouldn't mind a different color scheme but this was the best that I could find at the time.

Not a very original comment, but BEAUTIFUL irons. Nothing looks better than blades, and Scratch's version is tremendous.

I couldn't agree more. I LOVE these irons, they look great and perform even better!

• 3 months later...

I need to get some updated pics...

Since the beginning on the year I've made the following changes;

- FT-5 Tour replaced with an FT Tour. Still with a Diamana WB in a 9.5' loft. Went 44.5"/D3 with the new one too. Love the FT Tour, absolute cannon!

- Also grabbed a set of Miura Tournament Blades. 3-PW & 52' conforming grooves. Went with S400 Sensicore and hard stepped them. Only played a few rounds with them so far but I'm absolutely loving them. I'm now faced with the very hard decision of gaming some awesome Miura's or some awesome Scratch's... Hmm???

Archived