TESTERS WANTED! ×

Ole Gray Invitational Golf Outing

ole gray

KingwoodResort1.jpg This will be an event for everybody who is willing to travel to Clayton, Georgia (Kingwood Resort)for three days of golf and fun! You don't have to be from the southeast to play. It will be a good old fashion get to know a MyGolfSpy members type outing. I'm shooting for 40 golfers or 10 foursomes. More details to come as plans are developed.

First 40 golfers to commit will be in the inaugural Ole Gray MGS Invitational! Get er Done!

http://kingwoodresort.com/

https://youtu.be/ZnrDlssjAKM?t=29

Current Golf Package Specials

Stay n' Play Package – Just $89 Per Person

Entitles you and your guest to one night stay at the Inn, breakfast the following morning, and 1 round of 18-holes for each person. Package includes use of the Spa (separate menu pricing), tennis, fitness center, indoor pool, and hiking trail to the waterfalls.

Valid Sunday – Thursday ONLY – Taxes not included.Subject to availability. Price is based on double occupancy. 24 hour cancellation policy applies.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

You got a date there Ole Gray?

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

You got a date there Ole Gray?

Not yet partner however this part of Georgia is beautiful in the Fall! Just saying...

Cleveland

Beautiful resort in the north Georgia mountains that has all one could ask for a golf outing!

kingwoodresort3.jpg

kingwoodresort4.jpg

kingwoodresort5.jpg

kingwoodresort6.jpg

Cleveland

David and Ronnie asked me a couple of weeks ago if we were going to do this again, I think they are ready to go back.  

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Rangefinder -  NX-10 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

David and Ronnie asked me a couple of weeks ago if we were going to do this again, I think they are ready to go back.

Kingwood has stayed in touch with me saying there are some new and exciting things on the horizon. This is going to be one epic wingding!

Cleveland

If it fits my schedule I am in

WITB - :taylormade-small:

Driver - TaylorMade M2 - Stiff flex / 12.5*

3 & 7 Wood - TaylorMade M2

6i -Gap - TaylorMade M4- Stiff flex

Wedges - TaylorMade ATV 55* & 60*

Putter - Odyssey 2 Ball

Ball - Titleist Pro V1

Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Right Handed Neutral lie on all clubs

Hmmmm. Interesting. Might have to make the trek from Canada!

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

One thing I can guarantee is a good time will be had by all. I plan on setting up some team competitions which will be a blast for the golfers. Plus this resort has accommodations for single golfers or those who choose to bring their families. Lot's of good stuff to do in them thar hills! You have Helen, Ga.in the next county which is a Alpine type village town and Blairsville over on the other side of the mountain. Atlanta would be the airport for those out of town to fly in to. It's a good two hour drive to Kingswood Resort so be prepared for some driving time if you're traveling from out of state.

No doubt we can make this a fun outing and the resort can accommodate as many people as we choose to bring. I'll be working on details and update this thread as things develop. Just gird up ya loins and get ready for the time of ya life!

Get Ready as the Ole Gray Invitational is coming in 2017 and we plan to take no prisoners lol..... Meaning be careful as those banjos are tuning up.. :o)

Cleveland

If it fits my schedule I am in

Short journey for you. Heck you and Lefty78 could ride over together...

Cleveland

Does look beautiful!! So you're thinking Fall sometime?

Also - will there be a special grouping for total hacker Divot-Making mulligan-taking slicer-pusher duffers?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Does look beautiful!! So you're thinking Fall sometime?

Also - will there be a special grouping for total hacker Divot-Making mulligan-taking slicer-pusher duffers?

lol yea I'll make sure you play in my group at least one day...

Cleveland

Interested. Hopefully the schedule will allow me to attend this shindig!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Interested. Hopefully the schedule will allow me to attend this shindig!

MDGolfHacker

We have some awesome folks on this forum and this outing will hopefully be one of many where we can come together as a small part of the MGS family. DawgDaddy has been to this resort and he can attest to how beautiful it is in this part of Georgia. Great place, fun golf course, and good folks so yea,,, it's going to be a blast!

Cleveland

Hmmmm, the fall, you say????

Hmmmmmm....

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Hmmmm, the fall, you say????

Hmmmmmm....

How cool would it be if we have one of the big cats from the MGS staff show up! Hint Hint

Cleveland

We'll I don't know a lot. But I know this. When Ole Grey puts on a ShinDig, he doesn't mess around. I can promise this will be an event to remember for whoever makes it.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I'll be passing fairly close by there in just a few weeks when me and my group go to Reynolds Plantation for 3-rounds and then on over to the Masters for the Tuesday practice round. I'd like to say I can come but my schedule is pretty much set for this summer and fall. That course looks nice too. A two hour drive from Atlanta is nothing. The green fee at Kingwood is a no-brainer. $40 w/cart. Did I read that correctly?!! Nice Stay & Play packages too. I think you're on the right track with this. 

Just for the record and as a reference.... my RT airfare from my home in West Texas to Atlanta is only $363 on Southwest.

Someday someone or perhaps even MGS will get a big National event started. Maybe this is it?

Good luck with your event this year.

On second thought: once the dates are set I'll give it some serious consideration. Fall would be my pick.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Last year We got a good stay and play package. There was was eight of us and we had a blast!

I have no clue what is coming for a major MGS event. Heck if something is announced in the next couple of months for this Fall, I would prefer to support and attend that. I'm all about MGS and any future outings in the planning stages 🏌️

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Cleveland

Short journey for you. Heck you and Lefty78 could ride over together...

How could I miss this. Never played there but if the pictures are anything like what you have on the thread it is a definite (depending on the date)

WITB - :taylormade-small:

Driver - TaylorMade M2 - Stiff flex / 12.5*

3 & 7 Wood - TaylorMade M2

6i -Gap - TaylorMade M4- Stiff flex

Wedges - TaylorMade ATV 55* & 60*

Putter - Odyssey 2 Ball

Ball - Titleist Pro V1

Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Right Handed Neutral lie on all clubs

We have some awesome folks on this forum and this outing will hopefully be one of many where we can come together as a small part of the MGS family. DawgDaddy has been to this resort and he can attest to how beautiful it is in this part of Georgia. Great place, fun golf course, and good folks so yea,,, it's going to be a blast!

The resort is beautiful, the staff top notch and friendly and the restaurant is very good.  The golf course is absolutely beautiful  and as most mountain courses, it is a challenge,  you will not be disappointed with the course or the conditions.   The only thing that does not fit with ones idea of resort is the rooms, they are more like a 1980s Holiday Inn room.  They are plenty big and the views are great, the beds are comfy and the rooms are clean so I can't imagine anyone  having a problem with the rooms, but to me they are in need of remodeling.  I am saying this about the rooms so no one would be disappointed with their room.

I really enjoyed the entire weekend last year, everyone is planning to return this year that I have talked to so we should have a good turn out and a great time.  Ole Gray knows how to throw a wing ding fo sho!

Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Hmm, I may try to get there, it's only a 6.5hr drive for me.

I've been out of pocket all day however if you AND BARB make it,,,, Epic becomes the real deal! That would be too frigging awesome

Cleveland

The resort is beautiful, the staff top notch and friendly and the restaurant is very good. The golf course is absolutely beautiful and as most mountain courses, it is a challenge, you will not be disappointed with the course or the conditions. The only thing that does not fit with ones idea of resort is the rooms, they are more like a 1980s Holiday Inn room. They are plenty big and the views are great, the beds are comfy and the rooms are clean so I can't imagine anyone having a problem with the rooms, but to me they are in need of remodeling. I am saying this about the rooms so no one would be disappointed with their room.

I really enjoyed the entire weekend last year, everyone is planning to return this year that I have talked to so we should have a good turn out and a great time. Ole Gray knows how to throw a wing ding fo sho!

Yea he's right about the rooms being retro however,,, This could be one of the updates my friend at Kingwood is hinting at. If not, you city slickers are going to have to to rough it ... . Nawwwww you can do it. The thing is, this place is beautiful and being able to stay on site is a huge plus although we may have to journey into town for some of that famous barbecue!!!

Cleveland

Hmm, I may try to get there, it's only a 6.5hr drive for me.

If Bones is coming down.  I'll cancel other plans to be there  :)

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

If Bones is coming down. I'll cancel other plans to be there :)

Sounds like Bones is da man

Cleveland

And all these years I have thought that you are da man! 

Nah, Bones, and a few others of us played together out in Cali a couple of years back.  Had a blast. Drank WAY too much. 

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Nah, Bones, and a few others of us played together out in Cali a couple of years back. Had a blast. Drank WAY too much.

Once Tony said "drinks are on me", it was all over. I think I finished my 14th beer before teeing off on 14, then shot +10 on the last 5 holes. It was a great time. Really hope I can make this trip.

Archived