TESTERS WANTED! ×

Ping iBlade v. i25

Jsormy

New to the forum, excited to be here.

Hoping to see if anyone has feedback on the Ping iBlade v. i25. Have you made the switch?

I'm eagerly awaiting the melt and the start of outdoor demo days, but it will likely be a few more months... in advance I'd be interested in your feedback.

Best,

J

What's in the bag:

G25 - 10.5*

G25 - 16.5*

G25 - 20*

i25 - 4 to PW

Glide - 52, 56, 60

Ping 4 Series

I will start by saying I can't help you. But I have the ping I E1s from 2015. LOVE THEM. But those iBlades look UH.MAZE.ZING. and the i200s too for that matter. I have been told that the blades are good not great but who knows. But I wanted to just add my two cents on much I love the look of them.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

I was fitted for the i200 when I was at Ping HQ last month.  They are very nice, prefer the looks and like the stock shaft, but the performance was not substantially better than my i25's.  I've had my i25's since 2012 and they have been great.  My only issue with the i25's is that they are not as easy to work both ways compared to a blade.  I was only interested in the i200 so I didn't try the iBlade.  Sorry.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I had the e1's and the s55 before. I loved my s55 except for the finish issue so ping ant me the e1. And boy were they easy to hit but hard to work both ways. I tried the iblades and they were good. But I didn't find them much different then the s55. I had better performance from the psi tour and feel was much better

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

I have the i25's and have been fit for both the 200s and the iblades. Curiously enough the specs were the same for both heads at both places I got fit.

PING HQ is where I got fit after the PGA tour super store. I wanted to see if they would be the same.

My novice opinion is that the iblades require a more consistent contact, but not as much as a traditional blade. My miss is off of the toe and I was losing 15 to 20 yards with the 6 iron on toe shots with the iblades vs 5 to 10 with the 200s.

Both places recommended the 200s for me and I agree based on what I felt. They both look similar when looking down at the club other than the 200s being slightly bigger.

I will most likely get the 200s when I am done with the lessons I am taking as they have changed my swing enough to get fitted again.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"I'd play a ladies set of clubs if it allowed me to break par."

PING G410 LST Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6

Titleist 17, 19, and 21 degree 818 H2 Hybrids

Ping G700 5 - GW

Titleist Vokey SM7 54 Wedge

Titleist Vokey SM7 58 Wedge

Evenroll ER3

Snell MTB-X

Thanks for the feedback thus far, the variance in dialogue is also helpful.  I'll be heading over to the local Golftown to mess around with the iBlades this weekend, but I am strongly considering booking some time at Ping Canada HQ, which is just down the road.  I was fitted for the full bag a few years back, and it is an awesome experience, but nothing is like hitting the ball off of the real grass.

Best, 

J

What's in the bag:

G25 - 10.5*

G25 - 16.5*

G25 - 20*

i25 - 4 to PW

Glide - 52, 56, 60

Ping 4 Series

Go to hit both at the PGA Show in January - I preferred the look of the iBlade, but the i200's were more forgiving. Feel on both was decent. I'd be happy gaming either one.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I like the looks of the iblade more but if I'd most likely do a combo set with the 3 and 4 iron being i200 and the rest iblades

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Go to hit both at the PGA Show in January - I preferred the look of the iBlade, but the i200's were more forgiving. Feel on both was decent. I'd be happy gaming either one.

How would you say the feel and forgiveness compared to your Wilson FG Tour V6's? I've been gaming the iBlades for a few months now and like them, but I've been considering looking at some forged heads after trying a couple of demos at a local golf store recently and loving the feel. They didn't carry Wilson's and I'm really intrigued with the V6's after reading some very positive reviews.

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

Archived