TESTERS WANTED! ×

New military golf course being built in Korea

I am on a second tour to South Korea and am able to play a bit more golf than I did on my first tour.  There is a new course being built on Camp Humphreys that is going to be a bit challenging.  It is being built on old swamp land, and will have a lot more water than most other courses on the peninsula.  I am amazed at how much the Koreans love their golf.  Even though I have a 9 hole course on the base that I am stationed, it will be nice to get out onto a longer and tougher course once in a while.  Hopefully it will be completed and opened for play before the end of Summer.

Thanks for your service.

LPGA has a lot of good Korea players.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

We have quite a few Asian golfers who play at my home course. Not sure what type work they do as they play at all times during the week. They do love their golf and several of the Ladies that play are range rats.

Thanks for service !

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Now that winter is over and Spring has started, I will become more jealous every morning that I am doing PT.  The KNs who get to use the golf course are out there every morning.  I usually only get to play on Saturday.  It is better than be stationed in Kuwait though.  I will commend the Koreans on their etiquette when it comes time to play.  They will practice for years on the driving range before stepping foot on the #1 tee box. 

I also enjoy watching the local Korean Golf Channel.  They has some interesting matches for show but primarily focus on the KLPGA.  These girls can flat out play too.

Now that winter is over and Spring has started, I will become more jealous every morning that I am doing PT. The KNs who get to use the golf course are out there every morning. I usually only get to play on Saturday. It is better than be stationed in Kuwait though. I will commend the Koreans on their etiquette when it comes time to play. They will practice for years on the driving range before stepping foot on the #1 tee box.

I also enjoy watching the local Korean Golf Channel. They has some interesting matches for show but primarily focus on the KLPGA. These girls can flat out play too.

Oh, yeah: "hit like a girl" .. in this case, yeah don't we wish ;) !!

Well good luck over there, stay safe and hopefully those crazeee N Koreans calm down so you can enjoy some golf

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

No kidding.  I think this is a bunch of saber rattling.  It comes down to the fact that there isn't anything up there to sustain, and the crazy guy wants to try to move his level of importance up a few notches.  If he does decide to do something like launch a nuke, at least I won't be feeling too much.

Archived