New military golf course being built in Korea

Our Sponsors

I am on a second tour to South Korea and am able to play a bit more golf than I did on my first tour.  There is a new course being built on Camp Humphreys that is going to be a bit challenging.  It is being built on old swamp land, and will have a lot more water than most other courses on the peninsula.  I am amazed at how much the Koreans love their golf.  Even though I have a 9 hole course on the base that I am stationed, it will be nice to get out onto a longer and tougher course once in a while.  Hopefully it will be completed and opened for play before the end of Summer.

• Like 4

Thanks for your service.

LPGA has a lot of good Korea players.

:cobra-small: Driver F9                     

:cobra-small: 5 wood 18 TS2 

:mizuno-small:  Irons 4i / 9i MP-20 HMB   
:mizuno-small: wedge T20 46* 50*                                                           

:callaway-small: Wedges MD5 Jaws  58/x

:mizuno-small: Putter M-Craft II black

:titelist-small: Tour speed

We have quite a few Asian golfers who play at my home course. Not sure what type work they do as they play at all times during the week. They do love their golf and several of the Ladies that play are range rats.

Thanks for service !

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

Now that winter is over and Spring has started, I will become more jealous every morning that I am doing PT.  The KNs who get to use the golf course are out there every morning.  I usually only get to play on Saturday.  It is better than be stationed in Kuwait though.  I will commend the Koreans on their etiquette when it comes time to play.  They will practice for years on the driving range before stepping foot on the #1 tee box. 

I also enjoy watching the local Korean Golf Channel.  They has some interesting matches for show but primarily focus on the KLPGA.  These girls can flat out play too.

• Like 1

Now that winter is over and Spring has started, I will become more jealous every morning that I am doing PT. The KNs who get to use the golf course are out there every morning. I usually only get to play on Saturday. It is better than be stationed in Kuwait though. I will commend the Koreans on their etiquette when it comes time to play. They will practice for years on the driving range before stepping foot on the #1 tee box.

I also enjoy watching the local Korean Golf Channel. They has some interesting matches for show but primarily focus on the KLPGA. These girls can flat out play too.

Oh, yeah: "hit like a girl" .. in this case, yeah don't we wish ;) !!

Well good luck over there, stay safe and hopefully those crazeee N Koreans calm down so you can enjoy some golf

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 (Rotex graphite) and Callaway X-Jaws 60 (TT-DG S300)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

No kidding.  I think this is a bunch of saber rattling.  It comes down to the fact that there isn't anything up there to sustain, and the crazy guy wants to try to move his level of importance up a few notches.  If he does decide to do something like launch a nuke, at least I won't be feeling too much.

• Like 1