Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

DFW Golf Show

Over on my blog (huntingforbirdies.com) I did a write up on the DFW Golf Show. It doesnt seem to be as nice as the Minnesota one but itll do.

It was a fun weekend for me. It was the Golf Show weekend here in Dallas. It isnt anything huge but it is a sort of the unofficial start to the golf season. We can play year round but this is around the time the weather gets better (Warmer) more consistently.

20170318_105753.jpg?resize=300%2C225

For the past month or so I have been getting targeted ads for a new putter company named Bradley Putters. The company is new and has been awarded best new product at the PGA Show. What makes these putters unique? They are made with wood. No fancy metals. No metal grooves for friction. They are beautiful well made putters. The owner, Brad, is a former military engineer. He knows the science behind the putter design. He believes your putter doesnt need fancy grooves or super titanium alloys. I got to roll a few putts with the putter and let me tell you. They feel incredible. It will be interesting to see how the company keeps growing. I hope they keep producing gorgeous putters and stay true to what they believe in.

17361938_1124211137708253_48934030540913

Another great product I saw was the Putt-Skee. To put it simply, it is like a skee ball machine had a baby with a putting mat. In no way will this product make you a better putter. To me it is simply fun. I could have spent about 20 minutes playing with the product. It was really fun watching others use it as well. It would be a fun tailgate game. Especially because they will allow you to put a custom logo on it. The Putt-Skee guys also had some other cool products. One was the Putt-Skeep Puttcam. It is a wooden putting cup that has a little slot in the back that will allow you to put your phone in and video your putting stroke. Another great idea. Their products didnt feel cheap. In fact they were solid wood and seemed to be very well made.

31035982_1.jpg?resize=300%2C300

The biggest disappointment of the weekend was a company named Medi's Inc. As you may know from some past posts, I have been dealing with a bum shoulder. This company had a pack where you can put it in the fridge and it can be used as a cold pack. The other part that was really cool was you could click a button inside and it turned into a hot pack. Then you boil it and it would reset. My wife claims to have seen it before but I never had. Where the disappointment came was from the owner. This was one of the first booths I went to because everyone was hanging out in the front and I wanted to get out of the huge crowd. These packs were fairly large and I knew I had a long day of walking around. I didnt want to carry the damn thing around. If I wanted to swing a club or look at something I was going to have to put it down and possibly lose it. When I told the guy I was going to walk around and didnt want to carry it he goes ” Last year anytime someone said that they never came back. Im giving you a good deal.” I said well man Ill be back he said ” Well I know youre lying see you next year”. He lost a sale by being a huge *******. I came home and looked up his company. I figured out this isnt something he invented its something readily available. Ill be buying them from literally anyone else.

Honestly it was worth the price of admission. They gave away a ton of free and discounted golf. I purchased an Avid Golfer Passbook. This gives me discounted golf at various courses throughout the year. They also give away a free year subscription to Golf Digest which is worth the price of admission by its self.

Check out my personal Equipment Blog and Podcast!

Huntingforbirdies.com

Archived